#oo1

Lost in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s this?” Hojoon asked confusingly as he saw his girlfriend slid a purple envelope in front of him. “Your company annual party? You don’t have to give me the invitation.” He laughed, but eventually picked up the card from the table.

“Read it and you will know.” Soeun replied calmly and looked at her boyfriend.

He inhaled uneasily as he unsealed the card from its envelope before reading every word that was written neatly on the card.

 

Song Jaerim & Kim Soeun

Request the honor of your presence,

As they join hearts and lives in marriage

On Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 6:00PM

At the Seoul Lotte Hotel

 

Hojoon stared in horror at his girlfriend who now avoided his gaze. He dropped the invitation card on the table before he fished his hands into balls. He took a deep breath to calm himself down and looked at her face.

“You… You’re getting married?” He held his breathe. Say no, Soeun! Tell me that I just misread things! To his despair, she gave him a small nod.

“I’m getting married.” She gathered her courage and stared at him back right into his eyes. “Next week!”

“How?” He asked in disbelief. “You agreed to this marriage when we’re still in love? Your parents set this marriage up even though they knew that we’re couple?”

“You know that they don’t like you since the very beginning.” She replied. “You know it, oppa. I know it, but we just push it aside, hoping that they will change their mind. But they don’t.”

“You should have protest it. You should have against it.” He sighed in frustration. “You don’t even tell me. You tell me now when you will be getting married in less than a week.”

“I’m afraid.” She shut her eyes tightly. “I’m afraid that it hurt you, but I just figured out that if I don’t tell you sooner, it will cause you more pain.”

“Tell your parents that you’re against it, Soeun!” He grabbed her hands and squeezed it gently. “You can just call the marriage off.”

“The last thing I want to do is go against them.” She answered. “They treasure me a lot, that’s why I want to give them back as much as they give me.”

“How about us?” He asked. “How about the two of us? Do you want to throw the three years we have been together away? Just like this?”

“I’m sorry, oppa!” She said and slipped her hands off his grasp. “I’m sorry for not telling you sooner.” She took off the ring on her left ring finger and placed it on his palm. “Let’s break up! I’m sorry!”

“Soeun-ah!”

“For these 3 years, I’m happy, thank to you.” She smiled slightly, but he could see through her that it was just a fake smile. “Let’s be friends! I don’t want us to end on the bad term. Even though we can’t continue as a couple, but let’s be friends like before. I’m sorry, oppa! Really!” She got her bag and stood up before walking past him when he grabbed her wrist.

“Promise me you will be happy!” He said. “Promise that you come to me whenever you need someone to talk to. This oppa will help you with everything you need!”

“I promise!” She smiled and gave him a squeeze on his shoulder. “Thanks, oppa! I’m going!” With that, she removed his hand from her arm gently, leaving him alone. He sighed and stared at the wedding invitation card in front of him.

“Three years of us end just like this!”

“All we want is for you to be happy, Soeun-ah!” Mr. Kim said as he planted a kiss on his daughter’s temple, seeing her expression. “I know you’re sad and upset for our decision, but all we do is for you.”

“Right, Soeun-ah!” Mrs. Kim added. “He’s the perfect match for you. He’s the perfect guy everyone could ask for. We’re sure he will take a good care of you.”

“Don’t worry!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter