Way To Love

Way To Love

Victoria’s schedule has been really packed. She didn’t even know that her newlywed husband is being involved in a scandal. She only found out about it when Yeon Hee phoned her.

“Have you read the newspaper?” Yeon Hee asked.

“No. Why?” Victoria responded.

“Kyu Hyun is involved in a scandal,” Yeon Hee told her.

“Are you serious?” Victoria asked her.

“It is all over today’s newspaper. Even the internet is full of his scandal,” Yeon Hee replied.

“What is the scandal?” Victoria asked.

“He seems to be having an affair with a rookie actress,” Yeon Hee said.

The glass in Victoria’s hand slipped onto the floor. Her mind went blank. They are only married for three months and he is now having an affair? She thought that their relationship is improving slowly. But this scandal broke it. After all, Kyu Hyun’s heart is never on her.

“Are you listening?” Yeon Hee asked after Victoria didn’t respond to her words for a while.

“Yes,” Victoria said.

“Victoria, you didn’t marry him because you love him. Am I right?” Yeon Hee questioned her.

“Yeon Hee, is there anything I could hide from you?” Victoria asked.

“So my guess is right,” Yeon Hee responded. “Does Chang Min know about it too?”

“I don’t know,” Victoria said.

“What are you going to do now?” Yeon Hee asked her. “Are you going to confront him?”

“I don’t know,” Victoria really had no idea what she should do now.

After Yeon Hee ended her call, Victoria’s phone rang again. This time it is Sul Li. Victoria couldn’t help but smile. She understood that they are worried about her, but at this moment, she just wanted to have some personal time to be alone.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun stared at the newspaper. He didn’t know who take these photos and spread the rumour. But most importantly, he wanted to know if Victoria has seen these photos.

“Find out who did this,” Kyu Hyun told Hyuk Jae.

“I know what to do,” Hyuk Jae responded.

When he reached home, he couldn’t find Victoria. He called her but she never answers the call. He went to Desire to look for her but the office is locked. He went inside his car and started to think where he could find her. However, he couldn’t think of anywhere. At the same time, his phone rang. It is an unknown number.

“Yoboseyo,” Kyu Hyun answered the call.

“I’m Han Geng,” Han Geng told Kyu Hyun.

“Where is Victoria?” Kyu Hyun asked him.

“She is at her own house,” Han Geng answered.

“How is she doing?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“What do you think?” Han Geng didn’t answer Kyu Hyun’s question but threw him a question.

“It’s not what you all think,” Kyu Hyun said. “I have nothing to do with that actress.”

“I don’t need that explanation. Save it for Qian,” Han Geng told him.

“I want to see her,” Kyu Hyun said.

“I don’t think it’s a good time. She wants to be alone,” Han Geng responded. “Kyu Hyun, I know about the truth behind your marriage with Qian. But she didn’t owe you anything. Please, treat her well. If you don’t love her, then let her go.”

“I can’t tell if I love her or not. But one thing for sure, I’ll never let go of her,” Kyu Hyun told Han Geng.

In the end, Kyu Hyun didn’t ask for Victoria’s house address from Han Geng. He also stopped calling her phone because he wanted to leave her alone as she wished. If being separated for a while could ease the tension between both of them, he is willing to do so.

***********************************************************************************************

Victoria didn’t take much time to be alone. She still went back to work the next day. She saw missed calls from Kyu Hyun on her phone but she never calls him back. She needed time to rearrange their relationship.

“Unnie,” Krystal looked at Victoria worriedly when she walked into Victoria’s office.

“I’m fine,” Victoria told her.

“You should take some time off,” Krystal said.

“No. I need to keep myself busy to stop thinking about the rumour,” Victoria responded.

Krystal didn’t say anything but leave Victoria’s office. She couldn’t believe that Kyu Hyun would be having an affair with another woman when he and Victoria just got married few months ago.

For the next few days, Victoria stayed at her own apartment and worked for her fashion show. She didn’t allow herself to have time to think about Kyu Hyun’s affair. But she still has to face it, no matter how hard she tried to avoid it.

“Can we talk?” Kyu Hyun finally showed up at Desire one night, after everyone else had left.

“What do you want to talk about?” Victoria asked.

“The affair isn’t real,” Kyu Hyun replied. “I have nothing to do with that actress.”

“Then how do you explain the photos that were taken?” Victoria asked him.

“I was leaving a dinner and she was drunk. It just happened as if I was hugging her,” Kyu Hyun said. “I know you won’t believe but we read the vow. I won’t betray you. That is my promise.”

Victoria stared at Kyu Hyun for a while before a smile finally appeared on her face. Kyu Hyun’s short yet meaningful explanation made it up. Maybe they started off as complete strangers, but she is falling for him, bit by bit.