Way To Love

Way To Love

Song Han Min was so excited when Victoria told him that she agreed with the marriage with Kyu Hyun. Song Han Min wanted to make their wedding a memorable one but Victoria insisted not to. She just wanted the wedding to be a small one and just invited both families and some close friends only. Kyu Hyun agreed to her decision.

Once Kyu Hyun and Victoria went back to Seoul, they found time to have a wedding photo-shoot. They didn’t do a photo-shoot to be kept in an album but just one to hang at their home. Victoria’s wedding dress is white while Kyu Hyun’s suit is black. They stood beside each other as the photographer took their photo. Just one shot and it is done.

“Are you free later on?” Kyu Hyun asked Victoria after they had their wedding photo taken.

“Why?” Victoria questioned him.

“My parents want to see you,” Kyu Hyun told her.

“I’ll have to go to Desire first,” Victoria looked at her watch.

“I’ll send you to Desire,” Kyu Hyun said.

“It’s okay. I can drive there myself. Where are we meeting your parents later?” Victoria asked him.

“At Eternal,” Kyu Hyun told her the address of Eternal.

“Okay, I’ll meet you there,” Victoria took her bag and left the studio before him.

When Victoria arrived at Eternal, Kyu Hyun and his parents are waiting in a room for her. A waiter leaded her to the room which is at the most inner side of the restaurant. Victoria greeted Kyu Hyun’s parents politely when she walked into the room. Kyu Hyun’s mother, Kim Na Young is attracted by her future daughter-in-law at the first sight. She asked Victoria to sit beside her and chatted with her before the food is served.

“Is your father coming to Seoul during your wedding?” Cho Sang In asked Victoria.

“Ne,” Victoria replied.

“I heard from Kyu Hyun that you’re a designer,” Kim Na Young said. “What is the name of your fashion brand?”

“Desire,” Victoria answered.

“I’ve heard of that fashion brand before,” Kim Na Young told Victoria. “I really like your design though they are for the young generations.”

“Thank you,” Victoria said. “I didn’t prepare anything for our first meet today. I’ll design a dress for you.”

“Jinjja?” Kim Na Young was really happy to hear that from Victoria. “I’m anticipating it.”

“Umma, let Victoria eat first,” Kyu Hyun interrupted the two women’s conversation. He noticed that Victoria isn’t eating much.

“Victoria, try this galbi jjim,” Kim Na Young took a piece of beef short rib and dropped it in Victoria’s bowl.

“Kamsahamnida,” Victoria said to her.

“How’s the food?” Chang Min pushed the door inwards and walked into the room. He noticed Victoria’s presence immediately. “Victoria?”

“Chang Min?” Victoria knew Chang Min. He is dating her best friend, Yeon Hee. She met him a few times during their gathering but she has no idea she is a friend of Kyu Hyun.

“Chang Min, you know Victoria?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“She’s Yeon Hee’s best friend,” Chang Min told Kyu Hyun. “This world is really small.”

Kyu Hyun knew about Yeon Hee’s career but he certainly has no idea that his soon-to-be wife is Yeon Hee’s best friend. Just like what Chang Min had said, the world is really small. You never know the person you’re going to meet next actually has a connection with you before that.

Victoria’s first meeting with Kyu Hyun’s parents ended well. They invited her to have dinner at their house but Victoria rejected since she has already agreed to have dinner with Krystal and the others. They knew about her marriage with Kyu Hyun. But it was shocking news for them. They had never seen Victoria going out for a date with anyone. There must be a reason behind her sudden decision to get married.

The dinner is held at Victoria’s apartment. They decided to have steamboat. When the doorbell rang, Victoria opened the door and saw Krystal and Sul Li holding two big plastic bags in their own hands.

“Where’s Yeon Hee unnie?” Krystal asked Victoria.

“She went to buy cakes,” Victoria walked into the kitchen.

When Yeon Hee came back from buying cakes, the four girls gathered around the dining table and started their steamboat party.

“Unnie, why are you getting married all of a sudden?” Sul Li asked Victoria.

“My father wants to see me get married when he still has time,” Victoria replied. She didn’t let them know that the marriage is to help Dynasty overcome its financial crisis. If they knew about it, they would ask her to cancel the marriage because they didn’t want her to sacrifice herself in such a way.

“How many guests are you inviting?”

“Where are you going to have the wedding?”

“Is Cho Kyu Hyun treating you well?”

Victoria chuckled when the three girls started asking her questions.

“We are only inviting our parents and some close friends,” Victoria told them.

“But it’s a once in a lifetime thing, you should make the wedding a big one,” Sul Li said to her.

“Why make it a big one? To tell the whole world that you are married?” Victoria asked Sul Li.

“I agree with Vic,” Yeon Hee voiced her opinion. “Marriage only involves two persons. As long as you love each other and are blessed by your families and close friends, that’s enough.”

“That’s my girl,” Victoria smiled at Yeon Hee. Yeon Hee always understands her thoughts when no one else could.

“Yeon Hee unnie, have you seen Cho Kyu Hyun before?” Krystal asked Yeon Hee. “What do you think about him?”

“I’ve seen him a few times but couldn’t really tell his characteristic,” Yeon Hee responded to Krystal’s question. “He looks like the workaholic type. He looks serious for me but he is playful when he is with his close friends.”

Victoria heard Yeon Hee’s words. She didn’t know why but felt relief when Yeon Hee said that Kyu Hyun looks like the workaholic type. If it is true, then both of them won’t be spending much time together. She prefers it that way. It means that she would be enjoying her privacy even after the wedding. It is not going to make much changes, is it?