Way To Love

Way To Love

Cho Kyu Hyun looked at the contract on the desk which his assistant, Lee Hyuk Jae just passed to him. He frowned after looking at the condition listed in the contract. Kyu Hyun slammed on the desk after reading the contract.

“Who does he think he is?” Kyu Hyun questioned. “How dare he use this as a condition?”

“That’s the only way to save Dynasty,” Hyuk Jae voiced his opinion.

Dynasty’s founder is Kyu Hyun’s grandfather, Cho Bo Sung. Before he passed away, he passed over Dynasty to Kyu Hyun’s father, Cho Sang In. As Dynasty started to become the lead company in Korea, Cho Sang In’s work started to become heavier and pressured. His health condition started to decline since five years ago. Since then, he decided to let his only son, Cho Kyu Hyun to take over the company.

Cho Kyu Hyun was only a fresh graduate five years ago. However, he managed to lead the company to create another peak in the business world. But the good never lasts. Dynasty faced financial crisis especially after some old workers had been stealing money from the company. Even worst, Kyu Hyun’s uncle, Cho Sang Jin sold his stock to pay off his debt from gambling. As a result, Kyu Hyun had to spend double the money to buy the stock back.

In order to overcome the company’s financial problem, Cho Sang In advised Kyu Hyun to seek help from an old friend of his, Song Han Min. Song Han Min is the founder and current CEO of China’s lead company, The Pearl. Song Han Min offered his help but with one condition, that is Kyu Hyun has to marry his only daughter, Song Qian who is also known as Victoria Song in Korea.

“What do we know about Victoria Song?” Kyu Hyun asked Hyuk Jae.

“Victoria Song or Song Qian is same age as you. She is the CEO of Desire, a fashion brand she created when she was still in the university. No bad habits and only had one boyfriend when she was a first year student in the university. She never attends the dinner held by The Pearl. She has been staying in Seoul since high school,” Hyuk Jae told Kyu Hyun the details he has about Victoria.

“Desire?” Kyu Hyun murmured the name of Victoria’s fashion brand. “What is the schedule for tomorrow?”

“What about the contract?” Hyuk Jae asked.

“I’ll think about it first,” Kyu Hyun replied. Though he needed help from Song Han Min, his condition is still hard for Kyu Hyun to accept. “Just tell me what my schedule is for tomorrow.”

“There is a weekly meeting at ten in the morning. At one, you have a lunch appointment with the manager from the national bank. At three, there is bidding for the land at Ilsan,” Hyuk Jae looked at his tablet and told Kyu Hyun about his schedule for tomorrow. “By the way, Chang Min is coming back tomorrow night.”

“Book a room at the restaurant for tomorrow night,” Kyu Hyun told Hyuk Jae.

“Araso,” Hyuk Jae responded. “Anything else?”

“That’s all,” Kyu Hyun told Hyuk Jae.

Hyuk Jae walked out from the office. Kyu Hyun stood up from the black leather office chair and walked towards the window on the right of his office. From there, he could see the whole view of Gangnam. He couldn’t help but feel how ironic his life is. Though he is the CEO of Dynasty, he couldn’t run away from the fact that his life is arranged and he couldn’t make any change to it. Every move he made is related to Dynasty’s future. Is there no second way to save Dynasty?

***********************************************************************************************

“Unnie! Two models couldn’t make it to the show today! The car they were in was involved in an accident fifteen minutes ago. Both of them are injured,” A girl wearing a light blue long-sleeve shirt with a pair of black jeans and white sneakers ran into the backstage. She was reporting to the other girl who was wearing a black long T-shirt with a pair of dark red leggings and black heels.

The girl looked up from her tablet with her black frame glasses still on her face. The girl is none other than Victoria Song who is also Korea’s fast rising fashion brand, Desire’s founder. The other girl who was reporting to her earlier is Krystal Jung, who is also a designer of Desire. Krystal was Victoria’s junior in university. When Victoria decided to create her own fashion brand, she invited Krystal to join her. Right after Krystal’s graduation, she started to work in Desire. Both of them are known as the ‘cold princesses’ by the other designers. However, no one knew that they could be playful and cheerful when they aren’t working.

“Call Sul Li and Yeon Hee,” Victoria told Krystal and went to take the clothes which are made for the other two models who couldn’t make it. She cleared the nearest table and took out needles and threads to make changes to the clothes.

Choi Sul Li and Lee Yeon Hee are both models and also Victoria’s best friend. Sul Li is Krystal’s childhood friend. She never thinks that she would become a model one day. This is all Victoria’s credit. When Victoria first met Sul Li at Krystal’s birthday party, she immediately asked Sul Li to become her model for her next show. Since then, Sul Li’s popularity rises and became one of the top models.

Lee Yeon Hee was Victoria’s high school friend. She started modelling right after high school graduation. She volunteered to become Victoria’s model for her first fashion show. One of the reasons Desire gained attention within a short period of time was because of Yeon Hee. The public was interested as Yeon Hee was one of the models who walked for international runway.

Twenty minutes later, Yeon Hee arrived at the venue while Sul Li arrived shortly after her. Both of them joined the other models to rehearse for one last time before the show started. After they changed into the clothes Victoria passed to them, she helped them to make final change to make the clothes fit to them.

At seven, the guests entered the venue and sat down on the seats prepared. As the music is being played, the models started to walk on the runway, wearing Desire’s latest collection. The guests whispered to each other, commenting on the collection. Sul Li and Yeon Hee were the last two models to walk on the runway. Their appearance surprised the guests.

Sul Li wore a red sleeveless knee-length dress with lacy decoration on the collar with a pair of black heels. Her hair was tied into a bun, creating a chic and elegant image. Yeon Hee on the other hand wore a white A-line maxi dress with sandals. Her hair was curled and untied, creating a goddess image.

At the end of the runway, Victoria and Krystal walked on the runway with the models and received bouquets of roses from Sul Li and Yeon Hee. Both of them bowed to the guests who gave them rounds of applauses. After the show ended, all the models and backstage workers had a party at a restaurant.

“Thank you for your hard work today, cheers!” Victoria raised her toast.

“Cheers!” The others raised their toasts and started to enjoy the delicious meals being served.

“Unnie, chukahae!” Sul Li who was sitting opposite to Victoria said.

“Komawo,” Victoria smiled at her.

“What are you going to do after this?” Yeon Hee poured herself another glass of red wine.

“I’m taking a long break,” Victoria replied her.

“I want holidays too,” Sul Li pouted.

The others laughed at Sul Li’s reaction. They knew that she is going to Hawaii for a photo-shoot next week and about it. As the light on street started to light up, the night in Seoul is just about to start.

A/N: I'm starting off Semester 2 on coming Monday, which means I will be getting busier but I won't be on hiatus just that I'll be spending less time on my stories and so the updates may not be that often. Of course, when I'm able to update, I'll definitely update.