Way To Love

Way To Love

“Ba, I don’t accept this marriage,” Victoria walked into the home office after the dinner ended. She didn’t even change her dress. Han Geng followed behind Victoria into the home office. He knew Victoria well. If she didn’t control her emotion well, she could get into an argument with her father. Today is his uncle’s 60th birthday. It isn’t a good time to have an argument.

“Why?” Song Han Min asked her.

“I don’t know him so how can I get married with him?” Victoria questioned him.

“Qian,” Han Geng grabbed Victoria’s arm and looked at her, telling her to calm down and not to have an argument with her own father. After making sure that Victoria had calmed down, Han Geng turned to his uncle. “Uncle, what is the reason behind this marriage?”

Song Han Min looked at Han Geng and then at Victoria. Since they were small, Victoria would listen to Han Geng. She looked up at him like her own elder brother. Victoria’s rely on Han Geng was much obvious after her mother’s death. Though both of them were in two different countries that time, Han Geng would write to Victoria to cheer her up. His letters brought her out from her own world. Since she moved to Seoul, their bond grew even much stronger.

“Qian, I’ll talk to uncle,” Han Geng heard Song Han Min’s sigh though it was light. He understood that this man might not want to talk about the reason of this marriage in front of Victoria now. So, he asked Victoria to leave the home office while he stayed behind.

“Geng, what do you know about Cho Kyu Hyun and Dynasty?” Song Han Min asked Han Geng after Victoria left the home office.

“As much as I know, Dynasty is the lead company in Seoul. Cho Kyu Hyun is the youngest CEO in Seoul. And he doesn’t have any bad habits,” Han Geng knew about Dynasty and Kyu Hyun since Dynasty is the lead company. It is hard not to notice news regarding Dynasty.

“Then do you know that the company is having financial crisis?” Song Han Min’s question surprised Han Geng. He never thinks that a company like Dynasty would face financial crisis someday. Song Han Min saw the look on Han Geng’s face and continued, “His father and I are old friends. He seeks for my help and I told him that I would offer him my help if Kyu Hyun marries Victoria.”

“Uncle, you’re using Qian to cut a deal,” Han Geng frowned.

“Geng, I’m already sixty. I don’t know when I can see Qian get married,” Song Han Min spoke. “I want to see her wear a wedding dress when I’m still able to.”

Han Geng never thinks that Song Han Min has his own concerns. This man owns the largest company in China and is well respected by everyone in this industry. But just like any other men, he as well is a father. He also worries about his children. He wanted to watch Victoria found her happiness and get married, so he set up her marriage with Kyu Hyun. This is all because he didn’t know when he would leave this world.

“Geng, can you talk to Qian?” Song Han Min asked Han Geng.

“I’ll try. But you know Qian. If she doesn’t like it, she won’t accept it till the end,” Han Geng told him and walked out of the home office. He went to the second floor and knocked on Victoria’s door.

“Come in,” Victoria said behind the door.

“Qian, what do you think about the marriage?” Han Geng sat down at the black sofa placed at the corner of Victoria’s bedroom.

“I’m against it,” Victoria responded immediately. “There is no way I am going to marry a stranger.”

“Even if it’s uncle’s wish?” Han Geng asked her.

Han Geng told Victoria everything Song Han Min said to him, including the financial crisis Dynasty is facing. After he finished speaking, he waited for Victoria’s respond.

“Geng ge, do you have Cho Kyu Hyun’s phone number?” Victoria spoke after a long while of silence.

“I can ask my friend,” Han Geng responded.

After Victoria got Kyu Hyun’s phone number, she sent him a text message. On the second day, she wore a long sleeves white shirt, tucked into her light blue jeans, with a pair of black boots. Zhang Ping sent her off to the venue. They arrived at a café along the street.

“Lao Zhang, you can go home first,” Victoria told him.

“Young Miss, what time should I pick you up?” Zhang Ping asked her.

“I’ll take a taxi. It’s much convenient that way,” Victoria replied and walked into the café.

When she walked into the café, she looked around to find the person she is meeting. After a while, she found that person sitting at the table in the corner of the café. She ordered a cup of Americano and walked towards that person.

“Hi, sorry for making you to wait,” Victoria spoke and sat down at the seat opposite to that person.

“It’s okay,” The person she is meeting is Kyu Hyun. Both of them agreed to meet and talked about the marriage.

Victoria took the opportunity to look at Kyu Hyun. He is wearing a black long sleeves t-shirt, white pants and a pair of white shoes. Simple. He is also wearing a pair of glasses with black frame.

“What is your decision about the marriage?” Kyu Hyun asked her.

“It’s my father’s wish. Though I don’t have any feeling towards you, but I will accept it,” Victoria drank the Americano and continued, “But I have conditions.”

“What is your condition?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“After we got married, we sleep in two separate rooms. We don’t interfere with each other’s personal life,” Victoria told him. “Three years after Dynasty overcomes this financial crisis, we will divorce.”

Kyu Hyun stared at Victoria in surprise. He never imagines that a woman like her would come out with such conditions to get married with him. Through this marriage, he would be able to overcome Dynasty’s financial crisis, the title of Song Han Min’s son-in-law and a pretty wife. But what Victoria would get in return? Except a husband, she gets nothing. She doesn’t even care if people would be questioning her if they divorce three years later.

“If you’re okay with it, I’ll prepare the document when I go back to Seoul and then I’ll find a time to meet you to sign the document,” Victoria said calmly.

“Araso. When are you going back to Seoul?” Kyu Hyun asked her.

“Friday,” Victoria answered.

“I’ll see you in Seoul then,” Kyu Hyun stood up and left the café.

Victoria watched his back as he walked out of the café. She then looked at the Americano on the table. A sorrow smile appeared on her face.

‘Victoria Song Qian, this is your decision. There is no turning back.’