Way To Love

Way To Love

Kyu Hyun’s rumour with the rookie actress blown up when photos of him and Victoria having a beach date are being taken and posted on newspaper and social networks. The wedding rings they are wearing confirmed their relationship. They went for a trip in Bali to make up for their honeymoon.

“Try on this dress, it looks nice,” Kyu Hyun picked a white maxi dress for Victoria.

“Are you sure?” Victoria took the dress from Kyu Hyun.

“I’m sure,” Kyu Hyun nodded his head.

Victoria went inside the fitting room and put on that dress. When she came out, Kyu Hyun was again amazed with her beauty. After paying for that dress, they visited a local restaurant for lunch.

“How’s this trip?” Kyu Hyun asked Victoria. “Do you enjoy it?”

“I do,” Victoria smiled at him. “Thank you for bringing me here.”

“I’m glad that you enjoyed this trip,” Kyu Hyun said.

Their trip has ended earlier than planned due to a change in the date of Victoria’s fashion show. They returned to Seoul and their daily routine started all over again but with a slight change. After finishing his work, Kyu Hyun would drive to Desire to pick Victoria up for dinner. Sometimes, he would also stay in the office to accompany her as she continued to work on her designs. Everything started to change, bit by bit.

“It’s time to take a rest,” Kyu Hyun walked into Victoria’s home office with a cup of tea.

“I thought you had slept?” Victoria looked at her watch, realising it was already one in the morning.

“Tomorrow is Dynasty’s annual meeting. I’m preparing for it,” Kyu Hyun replied. “You should go to sleep.”

“I wish I can. There’s still many things to do,” Victoria said.

“Is there anything I can help?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“No, it’s alright. You should prepare for your meeting tomorrow,” Victoria told him.

“Take a rest if you are feeling tired,” Kyu Hyun said.

“Araso,” Victoria responded.

Kyu Hyun left Victoria’s home office and returned to his own. He continued to look at the documents and data sheets to be announced at tomorrow’s annual meeting.

***********************************************************************************************

Kyu Hyun sat at the main seat in the meeting room. The other stock holders of the company read the documents as Hyuk Jae did the explanation.

“Any questions?” Kyu Hyun asked at the end of the meeting.

“No,” The stock holders answered.

“I’ll see you all again in the next meeting,” Kyu Hyun stood up and walked out the meeting room ahead of the stock holders.

When Kyu Hyun and Hyuk Jae were back in Kyu Hyun’s office, Hyuk Jae passed him an envelope.

“What is this?” Kyu Hyun asked him.

“Your uncle is back in Seoul,” Hyuk Jae replied. “Private investigator spotted him showing up at Gangnam. I know this is not my business. But Victoria’s company is at Gangnam.”

“You think he is going after her?” Kyu Hyun asked.

“I don’t know but rumours said that he owned some debt in Macau. And it’s a very huge amount,” Hyuk Jae told him.

“Araso,” Kyu Hyun responded.

Before the clock hits five, Kyu Hyun had left the company and drove all the way to Desire. If what Hyuk Jae said is true, he might have place Victoria in danger. He didn’t know what his uncle would do but he is sure that his uncle is willing to do anything to have money.

“Kyu Hyun? What are you doing here at this hour?” Victoria was having a meeting with Krystal and the other staffs when Kyu Hyun walked in.

“Where is the security office?” Kyu Hyun asked her.

“Second floor,” Kyu Hyun walked out again after Victoria answered his question.

“Unnie, what happened?” Krystal asked Victoria.

“I don’t know,” Victoria was also puzzled. She didn’t know what is going on as well.

Kyu Hyun came to the security room at second floor and requested all the surveillance videos from yesterday and today. He watched carefully to search for his uncle. When the familiar figure showed up in one of the footages being played, Kyu Hyun went back to Victoria’s office.

“I need you to listen to me carefully now,” Kyu Hyun told Victoria.

“I’m listening,” Victoria said.

“My uncle is back in the city,” Kyu Hyun said. “He used to be a stock holder in the company but he sold off his stock to other people outside the company to pay off his debt. He is a gambler. Last time I heard, he left Seoul. He is back recently and looks like he has a debt in Macau.”

“What does that have to do with me?” Victoria questioned Kyu Hyun.

“I checked the surveillance videos and he was around your company yesterday afternoon and this morning,” Kyu Hyun explained. “I’m afraid that he is going to harm you to get money from me.”

“There are securities in this building,” Victoria told Kyu Hyun. “He can’t harm me.”

“I will ask appa to send some bodyguards to be with you until I find my uncle,” Kyu Hyun said.

“I’m fine,” Victoria thought that Kyu Hyun was being paranoid.

“Victoria, it is the only way I can protect you now,” Kyu Hyun said. “I don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

“If that ease your mind, I’m okay with it,” Victoria responded.

Kyu Hyun called his father to arrange for bodyguards to protect Victoria. He also seek for help from a senior back in high school who is now in charge of the police department to find his uncle. No one is going to harm Victoria. No one. That is his promise to her.