Way To Love

Way To Love

As soon as Victoria stepped on the land of China, she spread her arms and enjoyed the scent of her hometown. Han Geng took off his sunglasses and observed Victoria from a distance. Victoria turned around and waved her right hand to ask Han Geng to walk faster.  A man wearing black suit walked out from a silver Mercedes and greeted Victoria and Han Geng.

“Young Miss, Young Mister,” The man is the chauffeur of Song Han Min, Zhang Ping.

“Lao Zhang,” Victoria greeted the man happily and hugged him.

Zhang Ping has been the chauffeur of Song Family for four decades. He watched over Victoria since she was still a baby girl and is like her second father. She addresses him as ‘Lao Zhang’ in which ‘Lao’ means old or aged in Mandarin.

“Lao Zhang,” Han Geng greeted Zhang Ping as well.

“Master is waiting for both of you. He is so happy that both of you are coming home,” Zhang Ping wanted to put their luggage into the trunk but Han Geng was a step faster than him. “Young Mister, you took my job.”

“Lao Zhang, leave the heavy duties to us,” Victoria told Zhang Ping. Though Zhang Ping is a chauffeur, both Han Geng and Victoria treated him as a part of the family. “Let’s go home.”

Song Han Min owns a mansion in Shanghai, the city which is known as ‘Pearl of the Orient’. The surrounding of the mansion is occupied by trees. When the car reached the main gate, Zhang Ping lowered the side window. The guard greeted him and pulled the gate inward with another guard. The car stopped in front of the mansion. Victoria and Han Geng stepped out and were greeted by the maids waiting outside the mansion. Both of them walked into the mansion.

All the furniture in the living room has been cleared, creating a small dance floor in the mansion. A small stage is set up with golden wordings saying ‘60th birthday’ decorated on the wall. On the other side, tables were pushed to the corner and being covered with golden clothing. The food to be served tonight would be placed on the tables.

“Young Miss, Young Mister, go and have a rest first. Master is meeting a guest now,” Song Han Min’s assistant, Liu Yan who is standing outside the home office, told Victoria and Han Geng.

Meanwhile, Song Han Min is having a conversation with his special guest from Seoul. It is none other than Cho Kyu Hyun. Kyu Hyun arrived a day earlier than Victoria and Han Geng. Song Han Min invited him to the mansion to talk about their deal after knowing that Kyu Hyun is in Shanghai.

“I haven’t seen your father for almost thirty years. How is he doing?” Song Han Min poured himself a cup of tea. “Would you like to have a cup of tea?”

“No, thank you,” Kyu Hyun rejected his offer. “He is getting better.”

“I assume that you have made your decision since you came to Shanghai,” Song Han Min said.

“I’ll accept your suggestion,” Kyu Hyun told him.

“Good. Tonight I’ll announce the good news in front of my guests. My daughter is also back from Seoul,” Song Han Min responded. “I’ll see you tonight.”

Liu Yan sent Kyu Hyun to the door and returned to the home office. Song Han Min was watering the plant in his home office.

“What are you worrying about?” Song Han Min asked Liu Yan.

“Master, if he marries Young Miss because of money, will he betray Young Miss once they got married?” Liu Yan asked. He didn’t want to see Victoria being hurt by her own husband in the future.

“He won’t betray Victoria,” Song Han Min told Liu Yan. “Those two kids are upstairs?”

“Yes,” Liu Yan nodded his head.

Song Han Min stopped watering his plant and left the home office. Liu Yan watched his back and sighed. He wished that his master did the right choice for marrying Victoria to Kyu Hyun.

As the sky turned dark, the light in Song Han Min’s mansion is switched on. Lanterns are hung on the trees around the mansion, creating a classic feel. The guards are collecting details of the guests to make sure that no one creates a fake identity to be involved in the dinner.

Victoria wore a red knee-length dress with a pair of black heels. Her appearance in the mansion gained everyone’s attention, especially when her partner is Han Geng. Han Geng wore a white suit with a pair of black leather shoes. When both of them stood next to each other, it created an ideal poster.

Kyu Hyun was standing not far away from both of them. He was wearing black suit like most of the guests. He looked towards their direction when he heard the man standing beside him saying Victoria is here. Kyu Hyun couldn’t express his feeling when he saw Victoria. He never sees anyone who suits red as good as Victoria.

Song Han Min walked down the stairs, wearing his silver suit. Though he is already sixty, he is still as fit as a young man. The guests clapped their hands when they saw tonight’s main character. Song Han Min greeted the guests one by one. All the guests invited to the dinner are entrepreneurs from different places. They respected Song Han Min though some are trying to seek for opportunities to become his son-in-law to spare his wealth. Song Han Min walked onto the stage and cleared his throat as he prepared to speak.

“Good evening. Thank you for attending my sixty years old birthday dinner. I’m glad to see all of you here tonight. My daughter, Victoria has also returned from Seoul to celebrate my birthday,” Song Han Min smiled at Victoria who was standing in the corner. “I hope you all enjoy the dinner tonight.”

A violinist went on the stage and played the violin. Soft music filled the mansion. Some of the guests danced to the music while some enjoyed the nice food. Han Geng chatted with some of the entrepreneurs while Victoria enjoyed the food being served. Kyu Hyun saw Victoria’s plate being filled with all kinds of food. He couldn’t imagine that she could finish eating all the food in her plate and yet able to maintain a good body figure.

When the dinner is close to an end, Song Han Min walked onto the stage again. Everyone’s sight moved to the stage and wondered what Song Han Min has to say.

“I would like to thank all of you once again for being here tonight,” Song Han Min bowed at the guests. “Today is a meaningful day for me. Not only I celebrated my sixtieth birthday, but my one and only daughter, Victoria is getting married with the CEO of Dynasty, Cho Kyu Hyun.”

Song Han Min’s words no doubt shocked everyone in the mansion. Victoria couldn’t believe what she just heard from her father. The glass she was holding slipped from her hand and fell onto the floor, broken into pieces. Han Geng didn’t expect that his uncle would marry his only daughter to another man without earlier notice. Most importantly, both of them are strangers to each other.

Kyu Hyun stared at the man on stage and moved his sight to Victoria. He saw how surprise she is after hearing those words coming out from her father’s mouth. The guests started whispering to each other and had their sights on the other two main characters.

“Congratulation, you are going to be Song Han Min’s son-in-law. You will inherit his wealth,” A man told Kyu Hyun.

Kyu Hyun didn’t respond to the man’s words. His attention is on Victoria. He wanted to know what would she do after knowing that she is going to get married with a man she never meet in her life. All of a sudden, all he wanted to know is that would she go against her father’s decision or would she calmly accept it? Victoria, what is your choice?

A/N: I'm sorry for being away for such a long while. Been really busy this semester and I just had three mid-semester tests done this week. And there are still so many assignments waiting for me. But I promise that I will finish this story no matter what. Thank you for waiting for me.