Kevin

Library Love

I wake up to find my phone making my text notification sound going crazy. I quickly pick it up and find tons of messages and missed calls from my friends, wondering where I am. I quickly call Hana.

“YA! WHERE ARE YOU!? YOUR HOUSE IS EMPTY. E.M.P.T.Y!” Hana screams into the phone, sounding panicky.

“Empty…? It is?” I sleepily mutter.

“WHEN DID YOU MOVE OUT?”

“Last night? But I didn’t go back home to move my stuff…” I look around my room and spot my favorite perfume sitting on the table and my brush next to it. I get up and look at the closet, finding all my clothes had been neatly hung up and my shoes lining the bottom of the cabinets. I realized the boys must have found my place and emptied it early in the morning. “The boys must have done that… Hana!”

“BOYS? WHAT BOYS? JIEUN WHAT—?”

“I’ll explain!” I interrupt. “Not over the phone though. Call Eunji, tell her I’m okay. Let’s meet up at that ice cream parlor that makes really good bubble tea!”

“Okay then, we’ll be waiting.” Then she hung up. I hope they aren’t mad at me… I walk into the closet and pick out a blue dress with ruffles at the bottom with a pair of sky blue sandals to match. I walk into the kitchen, where all the boys are having lunch.

“Morning Jieun! Or should I say afternoon…” Mark greets me from his position near the stove, wearing an apron. He flips a pancake over in the pan. “We’re eating breakfast because we woke up early to move your stuff out of your place. Actually took us quite a while. We wanted to surprise you.”

“Oh,” I was touched at their kindness. “Thanks oppas. But since it’s a free day, I need to explain my situation to my friends. They were quite panicked when I didn’t answer the phone.”

“I answered it one time,” Jungkook said. “She hung up after demanding we bring you back.”

Definitely Hana… I smiled. “Well, can you guys all come to the ice cream shop with me? It’ll be easier for them to understand if you guys are all there.”

“Sure, we’ll come along. Hurry up guys,” Mark commands the guys, who have been sitting there with empty plates in front of them ever since I had entered the kitchen. “Oh... well get changed then. We all looked like idiots because we were walking back and forth carrying stuff in our pajamas.”

The boys all rushed upstairs, leaving me and Mark in the kitchen. He finishes off his last pancake and begins to wash the dishes.

“I’ll do the dishes oppa, go get changed,” I push him away and grab the soapy sponge from his hand.

“But—”

“No buts. Hurry.”

He washes the soap off his hands and dries them off, giving me a pat on the head before leaving the kitchen. A minute after he left, Jungkook and Ren come into the kitchen.

“Hyung is making you do the dishes? Stand back Jieun-ah, this is our job,” Ren and Jungkook come over to the sink, where I quickly rinse off the last plate and set it in the drying rack.

“Done.”

“But Jieun—”

I smile and grab each of their arms in my hands and pull them outside, making them wait as the others appear, dressed, one by one. When Mark steps out and locks the door, he makes a call.

“I just called a limo to come get us, since 7 of us obviously can’t fit in a car. He knows which ice cream place you were talking about so we’ll get there in style.”

“Don’t bother,” Myungsoo cuts me off from what I was going to say. “He’s always like this remember?”

I shut my mouth and enter the limo with them when it arrives. A short limo ride after, we pull up at the ice cream shop. I look out the tinted window to see people looking at the limo in confusion or awe.

“Please wait for us, it shouldn’t take long,” Mark requests to the driver.

“Yes sir.”

We all step out into the daylight and enter the shop. When I enter, I get engulfed with hugs from Eunji and Hana, which almost knocks us over if Daehyun hadn’t been standing behind me. We pull apart.

“Jieun, you made us worried sick when you didn’t answer the phone!” Eunji grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

“Who’s this? Who’s that? Jieun-ah, what on earth is going on?” Hana looked at the boys standing around us.

“Let’s find a table. I’ll explain everything,” I quickly spot a table enough for the 9 of us.

We all sit down and everyone looks at me. A waitress comes over, asking if we wanted to order anything. The boys quickly order some drinks and ice cream and the girls order their usual teas. I order a honeydew milk tea with pearls and the waitress leaves.

“So. Jieun. Care to explain this, this, this, this, this, and this?” Hana points at each of the boys with each this. I quickly introduce the boys to Hana and Eunji.

“Well, we all met during the orientation, except for Myungsoo, I met him on the train there,” I begin to explain what had happened.

“… and now I’m living with them!” I finally finished my long explanation.

After a long pause, Eunji glares at the boys and asks, “So which one of you is the boyfriend?”

They look at each other, clearly confused at the question. I quickly interfere, “None of them, we’re all friends that’s all!”

Hana and Eunji nod, not looking convinced. Then they both stand up, taking me with them and dragging me into a corner.

“Spill it Jieun-ah,” they demanded.

“But there’s nothing to spill!” I pleaded with them.

“How did you suddenly get an army of handsome men, who seem to follow you everywhere?” Hana questions, looking back at the boys, who were watching us.

“Maybe it was fate, their destiny to meet!” Eunji sighs dreamily.

“You’re such a hopeless romantic Eunji-ah,” Hana and I shake our heads at Eunji, who was looking at the wall with a faraway look in her eyes.

“Well, you’ll never know. Just get to know them, they’re really nice. Our drinks arrived. Let’s go sit down,” I quickly drag them back into their seats. We all stab our drinks with the straw as we looked at each other around the table, Hana still watching the boys’ every move with suspicious eyes.

“Hana-ssi,” Mark interrupts her staring at Jungkook, who was looking uncomfortable under her gaze.

“Yes?” she snaps her head towards Mark, who flinches under her stare. “I know your concerned about the well-being of our Jieun but she’s good hands. Trust me.”

“Yeah trust him. He seems trustworthy,” Eunji whispers into her ear. She kept staring at Mark until she sighs.

“Fine. But if you do something to Jieun, I’m never gonna forgive you.”

“Thank you. Like I said, she’s in good hands,” Mark was relieved at her words. We all finished our drinks and Eunji and Hana gaped at the limo outside (“You get to ride around in that?!”) before heading home. We piled into the limo and it was silent.

“I apologize about my friends guys…” I knew how uncomfortable the guys were.

“It’s fine,” they all said at once. We got home quickly, where we departed into our own rooms. I flopped onto my bed and sighed. I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in.”

“Hey Jieun.” It was the boys, Xiumin holding something in his hands.

“Hi oppas, what brings you guys here?”

“We designed it on the computer yesterday, we hope you like it,” Xiumin handed me the small package. I opened it and saw a cute metal, license plate shaped thing with my name on it.

“It’s so cute! Thanks you guys!” I walked up to my door and fastened it with the Velcro on the back. “It’s perfect.”

We went into the living room and heard the doorbell ring. Mark went to go answer it. “Ah you’re here, about time!”

“Sorry, I got held up by some cute dogs but I’m here now! Did you really find her?” I could hear an angel-like voice coming down the hallway.

“Yep. We’re sure she’s the one, but I don’t know about her memories…”

Mark and another man stepped into the room. Everyone stood up. Confused, I followed suit.

“Jieun-ah!” The man rushed up to me and gave me a huge hug.

“Um... who are you?” I was confused at why the guys were letting a complete stranger hug me.

“What? You don’t remember me?” the guy pulled back and looked at Mark, who shook his head sadly. “It’s me! Kevin! Your brother!”