Their Mansion

Library Love

“Wow, this place looks amazing!” I look up at the mansion in front of me.

“Is it?” Mark asked, looking surprised as he unlocked the front door. I just nodded and looked up at the gorgeous chandelier hanging in the middle of the long hallway. There was a set of stairs on each end of the huge hallway. I could see a comfy looking couch and a TV that looked like the same size as the ones in a movie theater.

“Each of us has our own room and there’s 3 bathrooms, so 2 of us share one bathroom each. Plus there’s a little mini theater.” Mark led me upstairs with the others following and pointed out each of the rooms. Each room had their own little custom sign which fitted the boys’ personalities perfectly.

“Don’t forget about the indoor pool downstairs!” Jungkook chimed in.

“Wow even an indoor pool, I’m impressed. Who’s room is the messiest?” I ask. All of the boys pointed at Ren, who was pointing to Mark.

“Me!? Not even, you guys haven’t seen Mark’s room!” Ren looked embarrassed as he stood in front of his room.

“I’ll be the judge then,” I declare. I step past Ren and open the door into his room. The others rushed into their respective rooms, probably to clean it up before I got there. “It’s not… that bad…”

There were clothes strewn everywhere. A desktop computer and laptop sat on one desk. His bed was unmade. The closet door was wide open. I saw a neat and tidy walk in closet before he quickly shut the door.

“Like I said, it’s not that bad Ren. Just needs some tidying up,” I said as I began to pick up the clothes on the floor and put them on the bed. “Do these need to be in the laundry or something?”

“Yeah, I have to do my laundry near the end of the week because we wash laundry according to age order. So I just throw them around my room until then,” he explains to me.

“Makes sense I guess. Clean up while I go to the others,” I order him and step out of the room. I decide to go into Xiumin’s room. I open the door to find a clean room. Nothing on the floors. A laptop and some speakers sat in one corner of his room. I found Xiumin on the floor in his own messy walk in closet, folding his clothes. I creep up next to him.

“Xiumin!” I whisper into his ear. He turns and jumps, looking like he had just seen a ghost.

“Ahh! Jieun! Don’t do that!” he starts whining.

“Sorry sorry, I didn’t know you would get that scared!” I quickly apologize.

“So how’s my room? Clean enough for you?” he asks.

“You pass with 5 stars,” I proudly tell him.

“Yes! Good thing I cleaned up before you got here then.”

“Aw that’s cheating! Minus 1 star!”

“I shouldn’t have said that…”

I laugh and walk out. “I’m going to Daehyun’s room next.”

“Don’t trip.”

“I won’t oppa,” I assure him as I close his door and head to Daehyun’s room. As soon as I touch the doorknob, it flies open. A sweaty Daehyun stands before me. I try peeking into his room but he blocks my view with his body.

“Daehyun let me see!” I try jumping up and down to see but I’m too short.

“You have to call me oppa before I can let you in,” he shakes his head, denying me access.

“Oppa~ please~” I use my aegyo voice and he lets me enter, looking completely satisfied. I step into the room to find it also neat like Xiumin’s room. I peek into his walk in closet, to find the clothes in color order and the shoes lined up at the bottom. A tiny recording booth sits in a corner.

“I don’t know why you didn’t let me in at first, there’s nothing wrong with your room oppa,” I was confused.

“Me neither,” he seemed puzzled at his own actions. I giggle at his confused face and left the room, heading towards Jungkook’s room. The maknae’s room was also neat so I quickly left. Myungsoo’s room was also tidy so I couldn’t say anything about it. Mark’s room next! I entered the room after softly knocking. Mark puts down his book and gets up from his bed.

“Neat and tidy?” he asks.

“Neat and tidy,” I repeat.

“That’s good. Let’s go set up the guest room for you then.”

“Alright.”

He leads me back downstairs to the guest room, where we could hear voices coming from the inside.

“But Jieun might like the pink pillow not the red one!”

“Do you think she’ll like the shell pillow or the rainbow cat one?”

“Hurry and clean the mirror Kook, you’ll never know when she’ll be done with Mark’s messy room!”

“Does Jieun sleep on a high pillow or a low one?”

“Does it look like I would know?”

“A high pillow would be nice thank you very much,” I say as I push open the door to find the 4 guys setting up the room.

“Wow, setting up without me. I would know she would like the shell pillow,” Mark sarcastically says as we both step into the room. I look around. Jungkook was cleaning a mirror that was inside a small walk in closet. Ren was holding a pretty throw pillow that looked like a shell and a small square pillow with a cute kitten and rainbow background in both hands. Myungsoo was holding a pink pillowcase and a red pillowcase. Daehyun had his arms full of fluffy pillows.

“Guys, I’m only staying the night, not a month,” I say as I sit on the bed. I grab the pink pillowcase out of Myungsoo’s hand and a big pillow out of Daehyun’s arms, quickly slipping the pillow into the case and put it on the bed. “Shell pillow Ren. Anything else?”

“Nope, I’m done with the mirror,” Jungkook comes out with a rag and a glass spray as Ren puts the shell pillow next to my pillow.

“Let’s get some dinner then?” I ask, feeling hungry. Those churros seemed like ages ago.

“Sounds good. What did you want to eat? I’m treating.” Mark looks at me.

“I haven’t had sushi in a while…” I say, suddenly having a craving for it.

“There’s a really nice place not too far from here, we can walk there then walk back” Daehyun suggests.

“Sure let’s go then,” Mark turns to leave as the others follow. I didn’t mean it because sushi is expensive… but okay… I follow the rest as I close the door behind me. We all wait for Mark to lock up then we walk towards the restaurant, the boys questioning me about my own life.

“So wait, your house is about ¼ of our place?” Ren asks in disbelief. I nod.

“Yep, it’s really small compared to yours,” I say.

“You can always live with us Jieun, you shouldn’t have to live in a place like that,” Myungsoo says.

“I don’t want to be a bother to you guys,” I try to refuse their kindness.

“You’re not even close to being a bother Jieun-ah,” Mark turns to look at me. “You’re always welcome to live with us. I want an answer after dinner.”

“But—”

Mark cuts me off. “After dinner.”

“Fine,” I pout and look at the ground as we walk. I see lights from the restaurant illuminating the street and look up. “Wow! It looks great!”

“You can order whatever you want Jieun, don’t look at the prices,” Mark says.

Now I’m tempted to look at the price… I follow them into the restaurant, where the waiter leads us to a booth. We all sit down and look at the menu. I quickly spot my favorite. “Seared salmon roll for me please!”

“Seared salmon? No one in our group dares to eat that.” Xiumin looks at me in awe as the waiter scribbles down my order and the rest of the orders from the boys.

“It’s good though! I’ll share it with you,” I offer.

“Nah, it’s all yours,” he laughs. A few minutes after, our orders arrive.

“This looks delicious!” I exclaim as my salmon roll appears in front of me. I pick up my chopsticks and soon everyone is quiet, eating their own rolls. After Mark finishes his, he looks at me.

“Have you thought about it yet?”

“I have…” It was on my mind throughout dinner. Everyone looks at me, expectant. I look into everyone’s eyes. Finally, I go with my heart. “My answer is yes.”

The boys begin cheering and Mark quickly pays the bill. We head out, where the boys all squash me into a huge group hug, still cheering. After letting me go, we walk home, where I suddenly began to feel sleepy. I rub my eyes, not letting them see. Ugh, I’m exhausted…

“Jieun-ah!” Mark looks back at me.

“Yes?” I stand up straight. Did he read my face again?

He squats down, his back towards me. “You’re sleepy again, I know it. I’ll give you a piggyback ride home.”

Too tired to argue back, I carefully get on and wrap my arms around his shoulders, resting my head in the crook of his neck. I fall asleep soon after. When we got home, I felt the boys gently putting me down on the bed and quietly shutting the door.

-Few hours later-

I wake up all of a sudden, hearing something hit my window. I open the blinds a bit and look out the window to see the silhouette of a man. I could feel his eyes looking directly at me. I quickly shut the blinds and cover myself with the blanket. After a few more minutes, I look back out to find the man gone. Maybe it was just my imagination? A dream? But… it seemed so real… I decide to ignore my feeling about the man and drift off to sleep once again…