The Wedding

Library Love

I stared at Mark, who looked at me.

“But oppa, you’re using Myungsoo’s ring to propose to me,” I said as I looked down at it.

“Because it was my idea for him to buy it for you. I knew you would like that stone so I made the ring beforehand and gave it to the shop. When you entered that same shop and said you liked that stone, I knew my plan had worked. I just made Myungsoo buy it because of a bet he had lost earlier.”

“Ah I see,” I said. “Do you want my answer now?”

“That would be nice yes,” he said as he started to wobble around on his one knee.

“My answer is…” I made him wait and he leaned closer to me. “YES!”

He placed the ring on my ring finger and we both stood up and hugged. We held hands as we walked back to the ball. I heard cheering coming from the inside and saw everyone coming towards us with their arms outstretched, putting us in the middle of a huge group hug. People began to congratulate us on our engagement. When the crowd dispersed, I found the rest of the leaders, Hana with Kai’s arm around her waist, and Eunji holding hands with Minwoo. Kevin stood with them. Mark and I walked over to them, where Kevin hugged me and then shook Mark’s hand.

“You two make a great couple,” he sincerely congratulated us. “When’s the wedding exactly?”

I looked up at Mark, who answered, “Within this week. Maybe next Friday?”

I realized today was only Tuesday. Which meant… “Oppa, at the end of this week?”

“Plenty of time right?”

“I, uh, I guess?”

“Let’s get planning. Tomorrow though. I’m getting tired,” Kevin yawned. My friends came up to me.

“You caught a good one Jieun,” Hana winked and nudged me.

“So did you,” I looked at Kai, who was talking about something with Minwoo.

“Well, he asked me out with those adorable eyes, why should I say no?” Hana pushed me as I laughed with Eunji.

“So you and Minwoo huh?” I looked at Eunji, who turned red.

“He’s really nice!” she defended him. “He said I looked like his ideal type in this dress”

“I figured,” Hana looked over at Minwoo.

“We should dismiss everyone, it’s getting late,” I told Kevin. The ball guards began to shoo the guests out as Kevin and I thanked them for attending. After the last guest was out the door, we all went into our rooms to get undressed. After I brushed my teeth, I laid down on my bed and held up my hand, where the ring glittered in the dim light. My friends went onto their own beds and sighed. We all began to feel sleepy.

“I always had a feeling Jieun would get married first…” Hana mumbled as my eyes began to droop down. Within a few more seconds, we all fell asleep.

-Wednesday-

The maids woke all of us the next morning. We slowly got up and I listened as the maid began to tell me today’s agenda. After getting dressed, we headed to the meeting room. Kevin, Mark, Minwoo, and the rest of the leaders were already there. We took the few last seats and looked at Kevin, who put a notepad and pen on the table and slid it over to Daehyun.

“Okay Jieun, start planning. Mark will let you have your dream wedding,” Kevin said.

Daehyun began to fire questions at me. “What time will we have the wedding?”

“Same time like the ball, 11:30?” I asked.

“Guests?”

“Relatives of my parents would be nice. And all the teams.”

“Food?”

“Whatever was served at the ball.”

“Entertainment?”

I paused, thinking hard. “A DJ would be fine.”

“Dress?”

“Minwoo can handle that right?” I looked over at him and he nodded.

“What kind of flowers?”

“I like lilies.”

“What kind of cake?”

“Vanilla and strawberry.”

“What kind of gifts will you have as a thank you?”

“Thank you card?”

“Theme?”

“Something wintery, since winter is coming up.”

“I think that’s it. We’ll meet up here 2 more days from now to make sure you don’t change your mind on anything.”

Daehyun put the notepad and pen down and slid it back to Kevin, who passed it to the butler next to him. The butler left with the notepad.

“Dresses?” I looked at Minwoo hopefully, who pulled a tablet out from underneath the table.

“Take your pick. Just tell it any specific details.”

I pulled the tablet closer and tapped it. When the screen I saw many breathtaking dresses. I began to describe my dream dress.

“Something white definitely, maybe with a poofy skirt as well. Something that is thin at the top but flows at the bottom? Like it’s being peeled like layers as it goes up. And off the shoulder sleeves.”

As soon as I had finished, the search had limited itself down to a final dress.

“This one!” I tapped on the photo. Minwoo took the tablet from me.

“Nice pick. I haven’t seen this one in a while. I’ll order it right away. I’ll take my leave now.”

He gave Eunji a hug and left the room. I looked at Kevin. “What next?”

“We should design an invitation. Luckily, Ren was able to get something done. If you guys approve of it, we can start making copies.”

He handed me a small card. Mark and I put our heads closer to read it. On the front was a picture of me and Mark at the ball from yesterday. When I opened it, the message read in elegant slanted writing, “You are formally invited to the royal wedding of Mark Tuan and Ahn Jieun.”

“It’s nice Ren, I like it,” I looked at him and he smiled proudly.

“Thanks. What about you hyung?” he looked at Mark.

“What Jieun said. I like the gold color to it,” he handed the card back to Ren, who took off out the door with it.

“We should start with decorating tomorrow,” Kevin stood up and so did the rest of us. I looked at the window and saw it was already dark. I headed to my room with the girls and we got ready for bed. Hana jumped into bed yawning.

“I keep forgetting that the days here are way shorter than the days on earth.”

“Yeah, it’s a bit confusing but my body’s getting used to it,” Eunji sat on her bed and yawned as well. Their yawns made me yawn as well as I crawled into bed. Soon, we fell asleep.

-Thursday-

Kevin shook me and the girls awake.

“Meet us in the biggest ballroom,” he told us before leaving us to get ready. After we hurriedly brushed out our hair and teeth, we walked into the ballroom, where EXO had gathered around a huge piece of paper on top of a table. I walked over to them and saw they had made a quick blueprint of the ballroom and where to put decorations.

“Jieun, what do you think of this?” Minseok held up the blueprint. I looked at it for a while until I decided to ask if they could make some adjustments.

“Can you guys cover the lily petals with a thin layer of frost? I think it would look pretty. And maybe the ceiling can make snow and the floor just soaks it up so we don’t have to worry about it melting and getting water on it.”

“That’s a great idea! We should’ve thought about something like that,” Minseok punched Chanyeol on the shoulder. “He’s the one who came up with most of the ideas.”

“They were pretty good. If you could make those adjustments, that would be magical,” I told them.

After they finished drawing out the adjustments, they called in everyone else and showed them the plan. I stood in the center of the room with Kevin, Hana, and Eunji and watched as the team quickly got to work. NU’EST went around on the floor, pulling up the tiles off the ground and doing something to the inside of it. EXO went around, directing their snow powers to the top of the ceiling. Xiumin snapped his fingers and snow began to fall from the ceiling. When it touched the ground, it disappeared and I reached down to see if it left any water, which it didn’t. BTS flew around the room, hanging snowflake lanterns. INFINITE stood on guard, ready to heal any injuries. GOT7 and B.A.P brought in fake snow-covered trees that had lights on them and put them on the edge of the room. When it was finished, the room looked like a winter wonderland. Minseok ran over.

“How does it look?”

“Perfect,” I sighed happily. Minwoo came into the room, carefully holding a huge garment bag.

“Your dresses have arrived,” he reported.

“Dresses?” I heard him say the plural form.

“Yeah I used the measurements from Hana and Eunji’s last trip to find the perfect bridesmaids dresses that matched the theme.”

He unveiled the dresses. I saw the dress that I would wear for the wedding and then I saw 2 knee length dresses. They were a very pale blue with snowflakes surrounding the hem part.

“The dresses are beautiful!” I stepped forward and touched my dress, which felt light and soft to the touch. Hana and Eunji took their dresses. Eunji hugged Minwoo while Hana thanked him. After dinner, we all went up to our rooms. Hana and Eunji fell asleep straightaway but I tossed and turned, unable to sleep, excited for tomorrow. After laying around on my bed for another hour, I finally fell asleep.

-Wedding day-

I woke up when I heard Hana scream.

“EUNJI WHERE’S MY DRESS?”

“IT’S BEHIND MINES IN THE CLOSET!” I heard Eunji yell from the bathroom.

“FOUND IT,” I heard Hana put it on the . I got up and rubbed my eyes. “JIEUN’S AWAKE!”

Hana grabbed me and shoved me into the bathroom, where I brushed my teeth slowly, still half awake, while Eunji slipped on her dress. Hana turned me around when I had finished brushing and patted my cheeks. The maids came swarming in to help us get ready.

“Jieun! You gotta wake up. You’re a mess right now. Wash up your face.”

I turned back to the sink, and splashed water onto my face, which helped me wake up. After drying up my face, I brushed my hair. It was still frizzy so I proceeded to dunk my head into the sink and water it down but the maid stopped me and ran something through my hair and it smoothed down after a few seconds. She then started to curl my hair. The other maids helped Hana and Eunji into their dresses and I stood on a pedestal to get my dress on. After I was in my dress, I slipped into the heels and walked carefully over to Hana, who was getting her hair done in a loose side braid. We were silent until Hana spoke.

“I never thought I would be on an entirely different planet for a wedding. My best friend’s wedding too.”

“There’s a first time for everything,” I smiled and she looked at me through the mirror. After the maids tucked in little fake jewels into the braid, she stood up and Eunji entered the room.

“Minwoo had to adjust the strap part a bit,” she explained where she had gone. “Most of the guests are settled down in the ballroom already.”

We heard a knock on the door and Kevin entered, wearing a white tuxedo that matched my dress. “The ballroom has the last guest inside and I’m here to the bride over there. You girls should wait outside the doors first.”

Hana and Eunji left along with the maids. I walked over and hugged Kevin, who hugged me back as tightly as he could because my dress was in the way. When we let go, he offered me his arm and I took it.

“Shall we go?” he asked. I just nodded. We carefully went down the stairs and stopped in front of the doors, where Hana and Eunji were waiting with the lily bouquets. Eunji tapped on the door and the doors swung wide open. Hana and Eunji entered first, walking slowly as they held their bouquets. After a few seconds, Kevin and I walked behind them at the same pace. I looked around and saw all the teams taking over the entire left side of the room, sitting in chairs. On the right side, many of my relatives, which I didn’t know, sat on the right side. Mark and an old looking guy stood at the end, both smiling at me. When we reached the end of the aisle, Hana and Eunji split up and stood on the side. I let go of Kevin’s arm and stood in front of Mark. The old man stood between us and said a few phrases in the Ayries language and gestured to me and Mark. EXO began to use their powers and sprayed us with snow while everyone started cheering. I laughed as snow landed on Mark’s nose and brushed it away for him. He smiled and leaned down to give me a kiss on my nose. The maids rushed over to me to get me out of my wedding dress and into my dinner gown. They lead me to a room inside the ballroom, where I changed into a cream colored, one strap long dress. They tied my hair up into a low side ponytail and re-curled it. They sent me back outside after, where Mark took my hand. Kevin came over with a few relatives and began to introduce them to me. They congratulated me and Mark and then left, only to be replaced by more relatives.

While I learned the complicated names of all my relatives, the butlers brought in tables while the rest of the maids moved the chairs that the guests sat on and put them around the tables. A long table was set in front of the dance floor, which Mark led me over to, and we sat down in the center. Kevin sat next to Mark at the end of the table and Hana sat next to me with Eunji at the end. The maids served everyone a creamy soup to start off dinner. Then we moved onto a beef dish, then a salad. After the salad, the butlers rolled in a huge wedding cake on a cart. A DJ came in and set up quickly, then began to start a slow song, which I recognized as Mark’s favorite. Mark offered me his hand and led me onto the dance floor, where we slow danced until Hana and Kai came over. Eunji and Minwoo joined shortly after. After a few minutes, the song changed into another slow one. Kevin came over and Mark let him dance with me. After the song, the DJ announced he would begin faster songs, so the maids pulled me out of the dance floor and we entered the same room again. They put me in a short, pink, A-Line dress, did my hair half up half down, and sent me out again, where the DJ had put up a fast song for everyone to dance to. I found Mark and we danced our way around with the guests, thanking them for attending as we danced with each other.

After a few more hours of dancing, the DJ announced it was time for cake. I changed into a knee length white dress with off the shoulder sleeves. The guests all sat down as Mark came over and put his hand around my waist as we stepped up to the cake. Holding the cake knife together, we cut a piece of cake. We stepped back to let the maid cut the rest of the cake and the butlers served each table pieces of cake. We took our places back at the table. After cake, I threw my bouquet into the crowd of ladies and it fell into Eunji’s hands, who turned red as Minwoo came over. After we mock congratulated Minwoo and Eunji, we went to the exit to thank everyone for coming. When the last guest had left, I changed back into a regular gown and Mark changed into casual wear. I met up with him in the garden, watching the sun set. Mark sighed.

“To think that I would become a prince after being a guard and advisor for so long,” Mark said up to the sky. I leaned my head onto his arm.

“You’re welcome,” I joked. Now that Mark had become a prince, Kevin took over the role as king for the kingdom.

“You’re still a princess,” Mark stuck his tongue out at me and I stuck mines out at him. I sighed as we watched the sun sink lower and lower in silence.

“Jieun?”

“Hmm?”

He took my hand and linked our fingers together, our rings dimly shining together.

“I look forward to our new life together.”

He leaned down and kissed me in the moonlight. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Me too.”

THE END

 

 

A/N: Finally, the story's over! It took me a while to write but it was worth it. Sorry if it was a bit confusing, I'll gladly take any criticism if you told me. Thanks for supporting me and I hope you all enjoyed it! My next story will come soon, I just don't know when yet. I hope you look forward to it! Thanks again!   ~Nicole~