Leaving

Library Love

“Jieun?” I heard Jungkook’s voice. I felt hands trying to shake me awake.

“No… 5 more minutes…” I pushed my face deeper into the pillow.

“But everyone’s here already. Mark has already chosen your outfit for you to wear,” I heard the door close. I took my head out of the pillow and slowly got out of bed. Walking into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked back into my room and brushed my hair. I saw the dress Mark had picked out for me and pulled it on. The light pink skirt was short in the front and long at the back so it flowed behind me with every step. I picked up the white strappy sandals that Mark picked and put them on, tying the top with a bow. I stepped into the living room and was met with a room full of guys, including my brother, Mark, Daehyun, Minseok, Ren, Jungkook, and Myungsoo. All of the guys I didn’t know stood up and bowed towards me. I awkwardly curtsied back and looked at Kevin.

“So, who are these people?”

Mark stepped up and 6 others followed. They bowed. “This is my army, we’re called GOT7. We all have the power to mind read.”

Daehyun stood up next, along with another 5 people. They bowed as well. “My army is called B.A.P and we can control the wind.”

Myungsoo and 6 guys stood up, bowing. “Infinite is here to serve you. We have the power to heal.”

Minseok and 8 guys stood up, also bowing. “Our name is EXO, we have the power to frost.”

Ren stood up with 4 other guys. “We are NU’EST, we have the power of water.”

Jungkook stood up and motioned his group to follow. “We are BTS, we can fly.”

“Pleasure to meet you all,” I said as formally as I could.

“Please give us a moment Jieun, we have to make a discussion,” Mark gestured for the leaders to go outside to their garden. I was left with the armies.

“So, what’s your guys’ names?”

The first guy from Mark’s team quickly introduced himself and it continued down until I had learned everyone’s names. I met a total of 35 people in total: JB, Junior, Youngjae, BamBam, Yugyeom, and Jackson from Mark’s army, Yong Guk, Himchan, Youngjae (“Hey I’m a Youngjae too! Nice to meet you Youngjae,” one Youngjae said to the other), Jongup, and Zelo from B.A.P, Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, Woohyun, Sungyeol, and Sungjong from Myungsoo’s team, Suho, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, Chen, Lay, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo from EXO, Aron, JR, Minhyun, and Baekho from Ren’s NU’EST team, and then Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, J-Hope, Jimin, and Taehyung from BTS. After meeting everyone, the leaders came back in. They nodded to their own teams, who shuffled out of the room and into the garden in a single file line. Kevin and I followed them outside.

The armies made a huge circle around the yard, holding each other’s hands. Kevin led me into the middle and held onto my hand as the circle around us began closing their eyes and chanting something under their breaths. I strained my ears to hear what they were saying, but only caught random words like “time” and “guardian”. I heard a low rumbling sound above me and I looked up to see a circle of light forming above us, getting bigger by the second. When the rumbling stopped, I saw the circle of people around me look up at the circle and slowly rise up above the ground. I felt Kevin floating up and I felt the back of my dress rising up, as if gravity had stopped working. I struggled to hold it down and my feet began to lift up off the ground. I let myself get lifted up and reached my hand towards the circle of light, expecting it to be hot and solid but my hand went right through it. I felt like I was getting in and grasped onto Kevin’s hand even tighter and shut my eyes. After a few seconds, that feeling stopped, so I opened my eyes. I found myself in a huge room. The teams had split up and began to discuss something. The leaders came up to me.

“We’ve got to leave now princess. Kevin will show you around,” Mark said to me.

“Thank you guys so much. For everything,” I couldn’t stop my tears from flowing out as I gave each of them a hug and they departed the room team by team until it was just me and Kevin.

“You’ll see them soon. Let’s go Jieun,” Kevin took my hand and we exited the room as well. Kevin led me to a wide window in the hallway. I looked out and saw a busy looking town that looked similar to the one I lived in back on Earth.

“Jieun?”

“Hm?” I was still looking out the window.

“Welcome to Ayries.”