Fun Day

Library Love

All the guys were anxiously waiting for my reaction. I only felt a bit shocked at Kevin’s words. I had a feeling it would have to happen sooner or later.

“Does that mean I have to stop volunteer work at the library? What about Hana and Eunji? Can we tell them about all this?” I asked.

“Yeah, you’ll have to stop volunteer work… but we can tell Hana and Eunji about you leaving but you can’t say Ayries obviously,” Mark seemed relieved that I didn’t have an extreme reaction. He probably thought I would run out of the room crying. At least I didn’t slap them on the face or something.

“I’m glad you didn’t do that Jieun,” Mark smirked at me as I laughed sheepishly because I knew he had used his powers on me again. The others looked confused at first.

“Well Jieun, tomorrow we can have a free day before we leave so in the morning, let’s do something fun together with Hana and Eunji,” Kevin told me.

“Let’s go karaoke!” Daehyun suggested.

“Yeah, I haven’t been to one in ages,” I agreed and so did everyone else.

“Okay then, let’s go to sleep then. We’ve got a fun day tomorrow,” Mark stood up and we all went to our rooms, excited for the next day.

-next morning-

After I got ready and dressed, I walked into the kitchen to find everyone eating breakfast. I sat down as I called Hana first. Mark gave me a plate of scrambled eggs when she picked up.

“Hello?” Hana muttered sleepily into the phone. “Jieun?”

“Hana? Were you still sleeping?” I asked as I dug into the eggs.

“Kinda, you woke me up, but what’s up?” she seemed more awake now.

“Did you wanna go karaoke with us? It might be our last day together…”

“What? Last day?”

“Yeah I’ll explain if we meet up today.”

“Okay, I’ll see you guys soon then,” she hung up. I called Eunji next. She picked up on the first ring.

“Eunji?” I was puzzled. There was no answer. “Eunji?”

“Oh yeah I’m here sorry!” she finally answered.

“Did you wanna go karaoke with us? It might be our last day together…”

“What? What do you mean by last day?”

“I’ll explain if we meet up today.”

“Okay, I’ll see you all soon.”

I turned to the boys, who had finished breakfast and going upstairs to dress. I shooed Mark away from the sink so I could finish the dishes and he went up to change as well. After I was finished, we all headed out, where another limo was waiting for us. We piled in and sat in silence. I didn’t want to rehearse what I would say to the girls because I knew Mark was listening in. When we arrived, we found the room Hana had reserved for all of us and we all sat down. Hana and Eunji stared at Kevin, who was sitting next to me.

“Oh, Kevin, this is Hana and Eunji. Eunji, Hana, this is my brother Kevin.”

“Nice to meet you,” they all said.

“So Jieun, what’s this about last day here?” Hana looked at me.

“We’re all moving away tomorrow,” I began to explain.

“All of you? Together?” Eunji looked surprised.

“Yeah and it’s kinda complicated…” I desperately wanted to tell them about Mark and their powers and how Kevin and I were alien royalty but I knew I couldn’t so I left it at that. Hana and Eunji were silent and then they came over to me and gave me the biggest hug I had ever received.

“We’ll miss you so much,” Hana said into my shirt.

“You’ll come back soon right?” Eunji pulled away first as Hana clung onto me a little longer. I looked at Mark.

“There is a 40% chance we can return back here, we just aren’t sure yet,” Mark said slowly.

“Then there’s hope for all of us,” Hana pulled away. “Now let’s start singing! Who’s going first?”

I was relieved that my friends took the news good-heartedly. I watched as Hana handed Daehyun the mic and he began singing a song. After an hour or two of singing and dancing together, we sat down, exhausted. Hana looked at her watch.

“Sorry guys, I gotta go now,” she got up and shook everyone’s hands. “Call me when you return okay Jieun?”

We hugged once more before she left, waving as she looked back at us. Eunji stayed for a few more minutes until she too had to leave. We tightly hugged before she took her leave. After we had paid for the room, we left and piled into the limo, where we sat, wondering where we should go next.

“Beach?” Ren suggested hopefully.

“Take us to the nearest beach please,” Mark told the driver, who nodded and started the engine. After a few more minutes, we arrived and I could smell the ocean and see the sandy shore.

“Aw, we don’t have our swimsuits though!” Daehyun began to complain.

“That’s fine,” Minseok opened the trunk and brought out a few bags, including one I recognized. “I brought them for us just in case! Along with some sunscreen and towels.”

He handed me the bag I had recognized and I peeked in to see the pink swimsuit Mark had bought me a while ago. We all went to the bathrooms to change. I walked out in my new swimsuit to see all the guys waiting for me with their shirts off and their abs on display. I felt myself going red and I immediately covered my eyes. I heard them laugh and I felt Kevin’s hand on my wrist, gently guiding me towards the beach. We stopped when I felt water on my toes and I uncovered my eyes. The sea was a deep blue color and cold. I looked at Kevin, who was standing on my right, and then Myungsoo, who was standing just a few inches away from me. I kicked up my foot and splashed Myungsoo with the water. He stood there, frozen, as the water dripped off his legs.

“It’s on Jieun. Bring it on!” he started walking towards me and I hid behind Kevin, who kicked water at Myungsoo but the water sprayed all over Ren, who had happened to be walking by.

“Hyung!” he shook the water of out his hair.

“CHARGE!” we all heard a voice and we looked to see Mark, Daehyun, Xiumin, and Jungkook running towards us in a horizontal line with their hands linked together. I braced myself behind Kevin, which was a bad idea. We all fell into the water together and Kevin landed on top of me. I sat up and shook my head to get rid of any water and smacked Kevin on accident with my hair.

“Ow! Jieun your hair hurts!” Kevin swatted his hands at me to stop my hair from hitting him. I just splashed water into his face and ran away. Looking back, I saw Ren shooting water out of his hands at everyone as Jungkook laughed at his hyungs who tried to flee. I saw Xiumin shoot his hand out at Ren’s water and it froze, dropping into the water like logs. Ren began to target Xiumin even more at that point, who froze everything that came out of Ren’s hand with a lazy wave of his own hand. I crept over behind Xiumin. I looked at Jungkook, who handed me a bucket. I scooped out a bucketful of seawater and dumped it onto Xiumin’s head, who froze and turned his bucket head to me. Ren shot another jet of water at him and Xiumin fell over and grabbed me as he fell so we both fell in together. Ren came running over to us. Xiumin managed to get the bucket off his head and waved his hand up. As he did that, a wave towered over us and froze. Ren quickly stopped before he ran into the ice wall as he went around to the opening of the little “ice cave” and began to complain.

“But hyung, that’s no fair!”

“Of course it is!” Xiumin looked at him. I stood up and saw how tall the wave was. “I can also do this…”

He waved his hand downwards and the wave suddenly unfroze but kept its shape. He shot his hand out at Ren and the wave drenched Ren from head to toe. I laughed and went over to Ren, who stood frozen.

“Hyung! It was freezing cold because of your powers!”

“Stop complaining, you know my powers already,” Xiumin came over and patted Ren’s hair. I looked over at the beach and saw the rest of them lounging on the towels.

“Come on, let’s get dried off,” I led the boys back to the rest, where they handed us towels and we dried off. Ren slipped on a shirt and shivered. I dried my hair up and sat down next to Kevin. We all watched as the sun slowly dipped down into the water.

“We should get home now, it’s getting late,” Mark stood up and brushed off some sand off his shorts. I slipped my dress on top of my suit and followed Mark to the limo. Xiumin packed the towels up into the bags and put it into the trunk. We piled back into the limo and we headed home.

“Oppa, how are we getting back to planet Ayries?” I asked Mark.

“We’re gonna have our own armies us back home,” Mark smiled at me.

“Your own armies?”

“Yeah each of us are leaders of our own groups, but we all live together on planet Ayries as well,” Mark explained. “It’ll be easier to understand when tomorrow comes.”

“Okay then…” I said. We arrived home. Exhausted from today, I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. After blow drying my hair, I fell asleep, ready for tomorrow’s journey to planet Ayries…