Chapter 10 - The looks

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 10 - The looks

 

After quickly eating the chicken it’s time to go to the airport. During lunch Noa decided it would be best if she and Emma go separately from the guys to the airport, just in case the fans found out about when FT Island is supposed to fly, which they always seem to know. Emma was a little sad that she didn’t get to go together with the Oppas but she understood. ‘Plus’ She thought to herself; ‘This gives me another opportunity to talk to Noa about Seunghyun Oppa. I just need to distract myself with their love life.’ It made her smile a little which earned her a weird look from Minhwan who is sitting across from her. So like she decided, the moment her and Noa are on the road she asks about Seunghyun; “Noa? Since when did you like Seunghyun Oppa?” The moment she hears Seunghyun, her face turns as red as a tomato. “I…I…I don’t remember, I think it’s been from the moment we met.” Emma laughs on the inside, the name of one guy can turn this -kicking-awesome-don’t mess-with woman, into a teenage girl. “Have you never thought about confessing?” Noa sighs. “I did but it was never the right timing I guess.” After that Noa didn’t seem like talking anymore so Emma just stayed quiet, while thinking up plans to get the two together.

 

Emma decided to find out Seunghyun his feelings, and the best place to do that would be on the plane. The moment they enter, she pulls Seunghyun down next to her so he doesn’t have a chance to sit somewhere else. “Oppa, sit here?” “Oh Emma-ya, I was actually going to sit next to Noa.” “Why Oppa, do you like her?” Emma is not very good at being subtle so she decides to go with her normal way of talking, that way he shouldn’t find it weird that she is asking about Noa. As she was hoping he starts to get red and he stammers a little response; “N…n…no of course I don’t like Noa, I mean we have been friends forever. It would be weird to like my best friend in that way.” Silently laughing to herself she takes a breath to ask another question, but before she can say anything Minhwan pulls Seunghyun to his feet. “Noa is asking for you Seunghyun-ah.” And he almost pushes Seunghyun towards Noa. “What did you do that for, I was talking to him!” Emma says with a little pout. “He likes her, so in order for him to do something he needs to be around her. Btw your aegyo seems to be getting better.” Minhwan says as a matter of fact while sitting down on the chair next to Emma. Emma decides to ignore the comment on her aegyo. “Oh Oppa, you know how he feels! Are you sure he likes her?” Minhwan closes his eyes. “Emma-ya, he is my best friend, I’m suppose too know without him telling me.” “But Oppa, what about Noa then?” Minhwan opens his eyes again and turns to Emma. “Noa is not my best friend, so I don’t know without her telling me.” Before Emma can say anything more, the plane gets ready to take off. Little does everyone know, Emma is afraid of flying so she grabs the chair before her very tightly. From the corner of her eye she can see Minhwan staring at her. “What Oppa, I’m afraid to fly okay!” “I didn’t say anything, but you look cute like that.” And he takes one of her hands of the chair before her and holds it. “You shouldn’t rip the chairs to pieces you know.” He doesn’t let go of her hand until they land in Japan, two hours later.

 

The moment they walk through the doors of the airport, the screams are deafening. Emma knew how popular FT Island is in Japan, but she never expected this much people. Especially because the arrival was kept a secret. “Come on Emma, we have to keep moving.” Hearing Noa’s voice breaks the spell on Emma and she starts to follow the group. She feels Noa’s hand on her back so she doesn’t get lost, it somewhat calms her down after being overwhelmed with the crowds. After 20 minutes of walking through the crowds they finally enter a van. The moment everyone is inside the car drives off to the hotel. “Wow, it seems like there are more and more people every time.” Seeing their fans has put the guys in a good mood. “We should go out to diner, and get a drink guys! Emma and Noa should come too of course!” Hongki stated. When they arrive at the hotel, there is a problem, something went wrong with the booking of the rooms. Instead of two rooms for the guys and one room for the girls, there is a room booked for four people and one for three people. After listening to the managers trying to find out what happened and why there isn’t another room available Emma has had enough. “Just have someone sleep in our room, or grab the matrass of the third bed in our room and sleep on the floor. How hard is it?” And with that Emma grabs the key to her and Noa’s room and her baggage and she makes her way to the elevator.

 

It isn’t until the elevator doors are closed that Emma realizes she isn’t alone. “Are you okay Emma-ya?” Minhwan got into the elevator with Emma. “I’m fine, why Oppa?” “Because you just sort of yelled in the lobby and then stormed off with the wrong key.” Emma looks in her hand and sees that she does have the key to the other room. “Fine, here is the key.” The elevator comes to a stop and Emma makes a move to get out, but is held back by Minhwan. “What now Oppa? I’m tired and I just want to sleep.” Minhwan just looks at her with his unreadable face. “Wrong floor, Emma-ya.” Emma can feel herself get red, and she turns her face away so Minhwan can’t see. After a few minutes riding the elevator in silence they arrive at the right floor and Emma walks to the room before realizing she can’t get in. Luckily she is spared an awkward moment when the other elevator arrives with Noa and the room key. The moment the door is opened Minhwan walks in, grabs a matrass and while saying; “Go and sleep before we go to eat Emma-ya, Noa will wake you up in time.” He walks out again. However instead of sleeping, Emma decides to take a shower. “Are you okay Emma?” Emma turns around to see a worried Noa sitting down on her bed. “I’m fine, my nerves are just at its end, with everything that is going on. Nothing a hot shower and a good drink can’t fix.”

 

By the time Emma get out of the shower it is time to get ready for dinner. She decides to go all out and dress up. She wears a cute but stylish little black dress, with comfortable but beautiful blue heels. She even takes a little time to fix her hair up and put on a little bit of makeup. When Noa walks into the room after her shower she does a double take. “Are you planning something tonight Emma?” she asks with a smile. Noa also wore a black short dress and heels, something Emma didn’t even realize Noa could own. Not after always seeing her in jeans and t-shirts with comfy combat boots. “Just to have fun and not care about the things back in Korea. What about you Noa, you look amazing, so isn’t it time for you and Seunghyun Oppa to have a talk?” Noa turns red and is saved from answering by a knock on the door.

 

Minhwan POV

After Minhwan brought the extra matrass to his room, he took a quick shower. When he got out he saw Seunghyun standing in his best clothes. He was wearing his black jeans, white t-shirt and a black jacket on top. “Are we going to a great restaurant and nobody told me?” Minhwan asked while looking into his suitcase to see what he should wear. “No, but we are going to a club after diner so we won’t be back to change.” Minhwan quickly decides to dress in a similar style to Seunghyun, simply so he won’t have to think on what to wear. The Hyungs were also wearing a similar style to the younger two, making them look like an actual group. As they walk to the girl’s room, Minhwan notices that Seunghyun keeps checking his clothes and hair every five seconds. ‘Is he nervous to see Noa, or is he just being more vain than usual?’ When they arrive at the room Jonghun knocks on the door, which opens a few seconds later to reveal two beautiful women. However Minhwan only notices one, Emma. ‘She is so beautiful. Wait, what! No, I mean yes she beautiful but not like that. Stop beating so fast, stupid heart what’s wrong with you!’

 

“Wha! Noa I didn’t know you owned a dress! And Emma, you look even more pretty than usual!” he hears Hongki say. He feels a stab of jealousy when he sees Emma smiling at Hongki. ‘Why is she smiling like that to Hongki Hyung and not to me?’ The moment he thinks it he feels guilty. ‘Of course she should smile to Hyung, it’s not like she is my girlfriend. She’s single and he gave her a compliment, so why would I care.’ When he looks beside him, he sees Seunghyun looking at Noa with his mouth open. “Seunghyun-ah, you should close your mouth.” He tells him softly. Seunghyun looks at him with a weird expression. “Minhwan-ah, did you know Noa was that beautiful? I mean she was always beautiful but now it’s… it’s… I can’t describe it.” Minhwan looks at Noa and smiles to himself. He thought Noa was pretty, but still next to Emma nobody would look beautiful to Minhwan. “You should tell her that she’s beautiful, not me.” And he pushes Seunghyun a little to Noa. “Let go everyone!” Jaejin says while walking to the elevator followed by Hongki and Jonghun. Seunghyun stands a little awkward next to Noa but then offers her his arm. She looks a bit shyly but she takes it, leaving Minhwan and Emma behind. ‘I should take my own advice.’ He looks at Emma to find her staring at him. “Like what you see?” he asks her with their phrase. Emma smiles “Then shouldn’t I?” giving him the same reply as before. “You look beautiful Emma-ya.” Minhwan says on a serious tone. He sees Emma’s cheeks turn a bit red and he can’t help but smile. “Thank you Oppa. You look handsome. You almost look like a flower boy.” She jokes. “Almost?” Minhwan can’t help but give her a little pout. Emma just laughs and grabs his arm to pull him to the elevator. “Almost is better than nothing Oppa.” And she pushes him into the elevator.