Chapter 3 - The Oppas

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 3 - The Oppas

 

When they arrive at her office, Yonghwa is called away to deal with some trainees. The moment Emma sits down in her office, there is a soft knock on the door. "Come in". When the door opens, a shy looking Minhwan sticks his head through the crack. "Do you have some time?" "Yes, I think so. Why?" But before she is done talking, the door opens fully and the five members of FT Island walk in. "Anyonghaseyo, FT Island-imnida" They stand in a row bowing to Emma. "Stop with the politeness, I am younger than you. Plus I’m from Europe and we don’t do formal with people around our age." Emma said with a smile. With that the five guys immediately get back to their normal selves. They sit down on the couch and start randomly asking Emma questions. "Then how old are you?" Jaejin asked, while Hongki asked where she is from. At the same time Seunghyun wants to know how she knew that she is younger and Jonghun wants to know if she is dating someone. The only person who kept quiet is Minhwan. Overwhelmed with the questions asked at the same time, Emma was a bit startled but quickly got her wits back. "One question per person at a time! Or else I won’t be able to answer." But instead of going one at a time the guys talked through each other again. "Shut up!" Emma yelled, making the guys look at her in surprise.

 

After a moment of awkwardness they all start laughing. "I guess we are going to get along just fine with you!" Hongki says to Emma, who looks a bit ashamed for yelling. "We’ll go one at a time. I’ll go first. Your name is Emma right? Where are you from?" "Those are two questions Hongki Oppa." Emma responds feeling like she can be herself around the guys and already call them Oppa. "But, because I am in a good mood I’ll answer both. Yes my name is Emma and I am from the Netherlands. Next." All of a sudden Seunghyun stands up and walks to Emma. "You’re a FT Island fan girl right? How else would you know you are younger than us? You’re not a sasaeng right?" While Seunghyun is being pulled back to the couch by Jaejin, Emma sarcastically answers "There is this awesome thing called Google, if you type in anything you want, information about that thing pops up. But yes I am a fan of FT Island." After answering both Jaejin’s question, "I was born in 1993" and Jonghun’s with a smile, "None of your business." Emma turned to Minhwan expecting him to ask a question too. Instead she finds him staring at her. Not being able to hold back her remark "Like what you see?" making Minhwan jump up from shock. Instead of giving an answer he walks out of the office saying they have a schedule, followed by the rest of the band. Last to leave is Hongki while making sure Emma is going to join the band for some drinks in the evening.

 

After the band leaves, it is finally time for Emma to have a seat and let everything sink in. But before she could stress about her yelling at FT Island and in particular Minhwan again, there is another knock on the door. This time it is Yonghwa, who came back to help Emma figure out what it is she needs to do. Luckily the tasks she needs to do are not very different from her internship, except that this time she would be working together with FT Island, because they have a say in where they want to go and how big of a place and so on. "So, they say what they want and basically I have to make it happen no matter what?" Emma asks Yonghwa when he is done explaining. "Yup, plus you get all the stress and comments." He adds with a smile. "Just what I always dreamed of! Which reminds me, if I am going to be working with them a lot, it would be okay to have a drink with them tonight right?" Yonghwa laughs "I see you got wheeled in by Hongki-ah already! It is fine if you are okay with it, just don’t think you have to go just because he says so. Plus don’t feel like you need to drink as much as they do, they are heavy weight in drinking. Or mostly Hongki-ah is." Yonghwa was still laughing as he left Emma alone to start some work.

 

Before she realizes, the day is already gone and when she is getting her stuff together to leave, Hongki walks into her office without knocking. "Yah! Where do you think you’re going?!" "Uh, me? I was planning on finding someone with your number so I could text you about drinks tonight, why?" Hongki just stands and stares at Emma. "You… you…  I don’t even know what to say!" and before Emma knows it Hongki grabs her by the wrist and drags her with him. "Hongki Oppa, you know you could just tell me to come with you. You don’t need to drag me with you. Or is it because you are desperate for skin ship?" Emma says while laughing. Before she could hear what his reply would be, they met up with the rest of the band. "She is in guys!" Hongki yells at them. "Let’s go!" he finally lets go of her wrist to grab his stuff, before almost skipping out of the room. "Wow he must really like to drink or he must really like me." Emma says to herself more than to the guys. Minhwan who happens to be standing next to her heard her. "I guess he likes you, but trust me, not a lot of people can beat the alcohol." He says looking at Hongki and smiling, acting normal which makes Emma think about what happened in her office in the morning. "Come on, come on. Hurry! Or do I need to carry you." Hongki shouted from outside the room being impatient, while he pushes Seunghyun, Jaejin and Jonghun in front of him. "Let’s go, before he actually carries you, he is crazy enough to do it." Minhwan says while guiding Emma out of the room, with his hands on her shoulders.

 

When they arrive at a restaurant, she sees a lot of FT Island fans around. ‘Wow, how do they know that the guys were going here?’ She wonders to herself. Once inside, she sits down with the guys. The moment they are all seated, the waiter shows up with food and drinks. Apparently the guys are regulars at the place and everyone knows what they order. Now Emma understand how the fans knew they were going here. "Could you also give us some water or cola and beer for our lightweight?" Jaejin asks the waiter while looking at Emma. "Thanks for the concern, but I’ll be fine." Emma says with a big smile. "Instead do you have a pack of cards we could use?" Despite the curious looks the boys give her, she doesn’t explain.