Chapter 2 - The meeting

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 2 - The meeting

 

"You are not my Noona!" The first thing that comes out of Minhwan’s mouth wakes Emma up from her shocked state. "I know I am not your Noona, so why are you barging into my house like I am?" "But, but, but…" Minhwan stammers. Emma, in the meantime walks over to her kitchen and gets something to drink as an excuse to try and get her sense back, while looking at Minhwan. ‘OMG Choi Minhwan from FT Island just barraged into my house drunk!’ She thinks to herself, trying very hard not to fangirl. "Not to be rude or anything, but why are you knocking on my door and walking right in as if it is your house?" she asks him. "But, this is my noona’s home, not yours." Is the reply. "If this is your noona’s home, then why did I just move in?" "I don’t know why you are moving in to my noona’s house! I don’t like it! Who are you?" Minhwan says while walking around the apartment. "Like I said I am the new owner of this house, so if you don’t like it go talk to Yonghwa-ssi, because he is the one who put me here!" Minhwan finally stops looking around the room and rushes up to Emma. "Yonghwa Hyung? Why do I need to ask Yonghwa Hyung? Why did he put you here? Are you his secret lover!?" Emma starts to get a bit annoyed, she is tired and wants to sleep her jetlag off. "Yah! I am nobody’s secret lover, I am the new employee of FNC who just came flying in and I am tired! So leave and go question your Hyung about all this if you are so curious!" she yells at Minhwan.

 

Leaving a shocked Minhwan behind, Emma walks into the bedroom. She could hear him walking out of the apartment while talking to his phone. He is probably already calling Yonghwa-ssi. Despite the fact that she was dead tired just a moment ago, Emma couldn’t fall asleep. She keeps thinking about Minhwan and how he ended up in her home. She is worried about facing him tomorrow at the company, because she yelled at him. While she keeps wondering how she is going to face him, her phone goes off. "Yonghwa-ssi, what is the matter, why are you calling in the middle of the night?" "I’m sorry I am calling so late, but Minhwan-ah just called me in a panic. I didn’t understand most of it -I think he has been out drinking- but I could figure out he entered your apartment thinking it was his Noona’s?" So he was calling Yonghwa-ssi while walking out of the apartment. "Yes, he was banging on my door and then kind of walked through me to get to the bathroom." Emma answers. "Ah, so that is what happened! When Minhwan has to use the bathroom it is like he stops thinking sometimes." Yonghwa says. "His Noona actually lives on the second floor in house number 201, while you live on the first floor, 102. I think that is why he got the house wrong. I am sorry about the trouble he caused." "Well, I guess it can happen." Emma says while trying to hold back a yawn. "I am sorry, I am keeping you awake while you must be very tired! Please sleep, and I will see you tomorrow morning." After the phone call, sleep finally comes easy for Emma, and before she knows it the next day arrives.

 

Despite all the hectic from the night, Emma still had a nice sleep and she wakes up feeling rested. She gets ready and after a light breakfast she is ready to meet up with Yonghwa and start her new job. She goes down to the parking lot already to wait for Yonghwa to arrive, because she is done a little earlier than she agreed on. While she is waiting for him she sees a group of 4 or 5 girls standing behind a pair of bushes, but before she can think about it, Yonghwa shows up. On the way to work, he keeps apologizing for Minhwan behaviour, saying there will be consequences. "It’s fine, I’m okay and I assume he wouldn’t do it again. It is not really how I would have liked to meet him, but he is not the only one at fault." Emma explains to him that she ended up yelling at Minhwan, which makes Yonghwa laugh. "Why are you laughing?" Emma asks. "Because I think I know why the CEO wanted you and nobody else for this job." Emma is confused but when she asks what he means, he refuses to explain what he means. He just simply says "You’ll see with time, you’ll see what I mean." Leaving Emma frustrated.

 

Fortunately, she almost immediately forgets the frustration when they pull up in the FNC carpark. Instantly Emma becomes nervous about her first day. "Are you ready? Then let’s go up." Yonghwa shows her the way to the office of the boss. He asks her to take a seat, while he goes in. After a few moments he comes back out to get Emma. The first thing she notices when they walk in is the brightness of the room. It is as if all the lights of the world are in this very room. The second thing she notices is the man sitting behind the desk and five guys sitting on the sofas. "You are the weird person who stole my Noona’s home!" is the greeting Emma gets from Minhwan.

 

"Anyonghaseyo" Emma introduces herself to everyone in the room, like Minhwan did not just accuse her of theft. "Minhwan-ah, sit down and be quite. She didn’t steal your Noona’s home, you had the wrong house!" Yonghwa tells him. Minhwan looks at Yonghwa in shock. "No, I didn’t, did I?" while looking back to Emma, Minhwan slowly sits down. "Now that this is out of the way, I would like to welcome you to FNC. Han Sungho-imnida. I assume you know these five guys?" The man behind the desk gets up and walks over to Emma. "For the most part you will be working with FT Island, because we are planning on promoting them first in Europe. It will be your job to make sure they are well promoted and succeed. If this works with them and we like working with you and you with us, more of our idols will follow. Yonghwa will show you to your office and around the company. If you have questions he will be your first contact." And with that Emma is dismissed.