Chapter 6 - The history

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 6 - The history

 

After a long day, Emma finally arrives at her apartment. After her argument with Minhwan she went back to her office. She had a lot of work to do already without even talking about what the guys wanted yet. It was late at night when she went off work, but Noa had done a good job of taking care of those girls, even though Emma hasn’t figured out how she did it that fast. In the elevator Emma can only think about grabbing a quick shower and then sleep and sleep some more. But when the elevator doors open, the first thing she sees is a bundle of clothes leaning against her door. Slowly she approaches it, hoping she is just seeing things. She pokes it a bit with her foot, ready to run away screaming. At her poke the bundle starts to stretch out and it shows its face. "Minhwan Oppa, why are you sleeping against my door?" "M...mm. Noona, let me sleep here tonight." "Get up Oppa, I am still not your Noona, nor will I ever be. That is impossible." Emma says with sarcasm. "Mm... What are you talking about Noona, just let me in." Minhwan says with a drunken voice. Emma reaches for Minhwan’s phone to call his Noona. Once she picks up, the first thing she says; "Minhwan-ah why are you calling, I’m not in Korea remember. What is wrong?" "Hello, I’m sorry to call you like this, but my name is Emma. Minhwan Oppa is leaning against my door, thinking it is your house –again–." "Ah Emma-ssi, Yonghwa-ah told me about you. I’m sorry about my dongsaeng, he can be an idiot at times. I’m sorry to ask this of you but could you let him sleep on your couch? My house is being painted so he can’t go there. He is an idol, so he can’t just sleep anywhere." "Yes, I will let him sleep on my couch, but he does need to learn the difference between your house and mine." Emma says with half a smile. "Thank you Emma-sii! I’m sorry I have to go now! Good luck with Minhwan-ah, and if he is annoying just kick him, you have my permission."

 

During the phone call Minhwan fell back into his sleeping/drunken state and it took Emma 5 minutes just to get him out of the way, so she could open the door. After that it took her another 10 minutes to get him on the couch. "God, what and why did you drink that you are out cold." Emma says more to herself than to Minhwan. With Minhwan fully asleep on the couch, Emma can finally take a shower and get to bed herself. Two hours later, Emma is way into dreamland when she feels someone hugging her. She slowly starts to get back to the land of the living. After a few minutes, she realizes that Minhwan crawled into her bed and is now cuddling her. "Minhwan Oppa, what are you doing?" No answer. Emma frees herself from his hug and punches him on the arm. "Wake up!" Minhwan springs up from his sleep. "Whe... What… where am I." He looks around until he sees Emma. "Emma-ah, what are you doing in my room?" Emma, now fully angry "What am I doing in your room?! What are you doing in my room! First you mix up your Noona’s house and mine AGAIN. Then your Noona asks me if you could sleep on my couch. And now you crawl into my bed and start hugging me!" Now fully awake, Minhwan realizes the situation. "Emma-ah, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. I…I…" "Just get out Oppa, I’m too tired to care." Emma just sits with her back toward Minhwan and stares out the window. "Emma-ah, I am sorry you know. But can I still sleep on your couch? My car is here and I am still too drunk drive." Minhwan asks carefully. "Do whatever you want, it’s what you do the entire time, so why ask now." And with that Emma gets up and walks to the bathroom. "That’s not fair Emma-ah." Minhwan says too soft for her to hear.

 

Emma sits down in on the bathroom floor, trying to cry softly. She knows what she said to Minhwan is mean, and unfair but she couldn’t help herself. The moment she woke up, she had memories in her mind that she tried so hard to keep hiding in her mind, as far as she could. She knows it was Minhwan that hugged her in bed, but her mind and body are reacting like they used to in the past. Physically getting sick, Emma gets up. ‘I am not going to go back to that way of living. It was Minhwan Oppa that hugged me and not HIM.’ Emma scolds herself. She walks out of her bathroom, to find Minhwan sitting on the corner of her bed. "I’m sorry Emma. I didn’t know what I was doing. I thought I was home and I was hugging one of the Hyungs. You have every right to be angry with me, but I don’t always just do what I want, whenever I want. Especially not with you." He says before getting up and walking out of her room. Emma looks after him in shock, ‘why does he keep making those kind of remarks.’ She wonders while getting back into bed. Despite the scare and the feelings, she falls back to sleep fast.

 

Minhwan makes breakfast the next day and sits in the corner on his knees and arms in the air. When Emma walks out of her room, after waking up from smelling the breakfast, she sees him from the corner of her eye. "Go, you’re going to be late for you schedule." Refusing to fully look at him. "I’m sorry Emma, I shouldn’t have done that, I’m so sorry. It is one of my drunken habits. I’m so sorry, what can I do?"  "Just go". When Minhwan slowly get up and walks out the door, Emma takes out her phone and when she hears the door close, she plays a voicemail; "Emma, long time no speak... I see you are doing well without me. How is it you work with such handsome guys? Also who is the handsome guy who is always next to you? He isn’t there to replace me now is he? You wouldn’t replace me now, would you? Didn’t I tell you to stay away from guys? Didn’t I tell you I will come back for you? I’ll see you soon, my love, I’ve missed you too much to keep away from you for much longer. I really hope I am not replaced…" When the voicemail ends with sinister words, Emma looks up to see Minhwan standing in front of her.

 

"From when is this Emma?" Minhwan breaks the silence. "Last night." Emma replies with no life left in her voice. She just sits on a chair and stares out into nothingness. "Who is it? Who is this guy that is threatening you?" "A guy I once loved." Emma confesses. She sighs and starts telling Minhwan the story of how she fell under the spell of this guy, how she loved him and how she ended up broken into a million pieces. "I went out to a party with my friends and he was there. We didn’t know who he was but he came up to us and started talked to me. His name is Jason. He was charming and polite. Most of the time guys at parties were just looking to score and he seemed different. Only I didn’t know how different." Emma laughs a dry, humorless laugh at that sentence. "We ended up talking the entire time and when I left, we exchanged phone numbers. We talked a lot on the phone and met up a lot, and I started to fall for him. After a few weeks he told me that he loved me and I said it back. That was the first time for me. Looking back, that is when things started to change. He got more angry and possessive. I couldn’t go anywhere without him, I couldn’t even look around because then I was checking out other guys etc. I was in love so I didn’t care much about it. Not until I found out that he and a few of his friends had beaten up one of my guy friends for giving me a hug. That’s when the love I felt turned into fear. I told him that I wanted to break up with him, but I shouldn’t have said anything. Instead of holding on to me with love or something, he went after things I loved. He threatened my friends, my family. He killed my dog. So I told him I would stay with him if he leaved everyone alone, which he did. About three months after that, he got arrested for a few things and I got the opportunity to leave the country to do my internship. I thought he got over it because he left me alone for more than a year. But now he is back. And I’m scared, I’m so scared Oppa."