Chapter 7 - The threat

Fate? *Hiatus*

Chapter 7 - The threat

 

Before Minhwan can respond to Emma her story, his phone goes off. It’s Yonghwa, asking him if he is on his way to his schedule. "I’m leaving now, but Hyung I have an idea. Can Emma come with us to Japan? We are going to be there for three weeks, which means that she won’t have us around to ask about the European tour. Plus that if she comes with us, she gets to see how we do a tour in Asia and it might help her set up the tour in Europe." "That is actually a surprisingly good idea from you Minhwan-ah. I’ll ask Emma and the boss what they think. Now hurry up and get here already, because the rest is almost here."  When Minhwan hangs up the phone he looks at Emma, who looks back at him with a curious look on her face. "I think you need to call Noa. And I think you need to come with us to Japan, not just for the reasons I told Yonghwa Hyung but also because I don’t want that guy to be able to get close to you." "Why should I call Noa? That means I pull her away from Seunghyun, he needs some body guarding as well, remember." Minhwan looks at Emma in anger. "Seunghyun has other bodyguards and his love life can wait when your life could be in danger from that Jason guy." Emma gives up because she is too lifeless to have a fight with Minhwan, and pulls out her phone to call Noa. "She is on her way, now you go and do the photoshoot. Before Yonghwa Oppa calls you again." Minhwan starts to say something but Emma cuts him off. "Go Oppa, she is on her way and I need to take a shower. Which’s you are not welcome to." Looking relieved that Emma is sounding a bit more like herself again, Minhwan leaves for his schedule.

 

*A shower later*

"Okay, I’m here now tell me what all the fuss is about?" is the first thing that Noa says when she walks into the apartment. "I think it would be easier to let you hear it."  Emma takes out her phone again and plays the voicemail for Noa. When the voicemail is finished Noa looks at Emma with a bit of shock, but mostly worry. "Okay I forgive you for taking me away from my other job." Referring to being a bodyguard for Seunghyun. "I need distraction, so please tell me about you and Seunghyun Oppa?" Noa turns bright red at the mention of Seunghyun’s name. "What is there to tell? We have been friends for as long as I lived in Korea." "That’s not a good enough of a distraction, you like him don’t you?" Noa looks up at Emma in disbelieve. "N..n..no I don’t like Seunghyun-ah. We’re just friends. I mean how could I like him like that. It would change our entire friendship." Emma walks to the fridge, to get them something to drink, while laughing at Noa her halfhearted denial. "So, you like him but you are afraid of screwing up your relationship with him. Is that is?" giving up on denying her feelings for Seunghyun, Noa sighs. "Yeah, basically. Even though I like him, it doesn’t mean he would like a girl like me. I know the girls he went out with, and I am not his style." Emma just listens while thinking to herself what she could do to figure out Seunghyun Oppa his feelings for Noa. ‘Japan would be the best place, I think.’ Noa just looks to the ground trying to get her feelings back in order. "Come on Noa, time for me to go to work." Emma says while scheming up a plan to see what Seunghyun’s feelings are for Noa.

 

*Two days later*

Emma is fast asleep after two long and hard days at work, talking with the guys about what they want for their shows, where they want to go and so on. Suddenly she gets pulled out of a very nice dream, -which in no way was about a certain guy wink wink nudge nudge- when she feels someone hugging her again. At first she thinks it’s Minhwan and gets ready to scold him, when she realizes he doesn’t know the password to her house. Now fully awake, she pretends to still be sleeping while trying to figure out who is behind her. Slowly she starts to realize it is Jason who is holding her. How can you forget the arms of the man you loved while he was hurting you? After figuring out it is Jason she starts to panic but she remembers to pretend to be asleep. Slowly as if she is just moving in her sleep she reaches for her phone. After have a good grip on it, she pretends to slowly get awake a little. "Minhwan Oppa, why are you here again? I told you no sleeping in my bed. By the time I get back from the bathroom, you need to be gone okay?" Before Jason could say anything that shows it him, she rushes to the bathroom and locks it. Her hands are shaking as she tries to call someone, anyone for help. The first person that comes to mind is Minhwan and she calls him up. In a sleepy voice he is quick to answer. "Why are you calling so late Emma-ya?" In a hushed and desperate voice "Oppa, please come here. Please, Jason is in my house. Please come help me Oppa." Emma is close to tears. "Where are you Emma? Did you lock yourself away Emma? Did he hurt you? I’m on my way, keep on the phone okay Emma?" "I’m in my bathroom Oppa, please hurry. I don’t know what he is doing." Emma is now crying silently. But Minhwan still hears it. "Don’t cry Emma, I’m on my way! Oppa is almost there okay, just a little while longer. I’m almost there Emma! Hang on!" Suddenly there is a loud bang on the bathroom door. "I know you’re in there Emma, you can’t hide forever. I will find a way to get in." Jason threatens. Emma is crying more now, she is so scared she doesn’t know what to do. "Emma listen to me" Minhwan says over the phone, "Don’t make a noise, just stay where you are Emma. I’m almost there, I’m coming for you! Just a few more minutes. I’m at the parking lot, Emma I need you to tell me your password for your house okay?" "0607" she says quietly while trying to hush her cries. "EMMA, WHERE IS YOUR PHONE! You wouldn’t be calling the cops on me would you! I will come back and I will have you again Emma!" And with that Jason becomes quiet.

 

A few minutes later, Emma hears Minhwan yelling for her. "Emma, Emma where are you?! Emma, it’s okay to come out now. He is gone, it’s just me Emma. Please come out?" Emma slowly opens the door and peeks to make sure she really did hear Minhwan and the moment she sees him, she rushes to him and holds him tight. "Emma-ya, are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Minhwan asks concerned while holding her a little of him to see if she is still in one piece, before holding her tight and letting her cry everything out. After Emma calmed down a bit, Minhwan calls Noa to come over and check the apartment. After a few moments she comes out of the bedroom holding a small spy camera. "I found this hidden and I don’t think it’s the only one. I think it would be best if she stays somewhere else. Let take her to a hotel." "Emma, do you want to go to a hotel?" Minhwan asks softly to a still upset Emma. "I don’t want to be alone." She says between the hiccups from crying. "Then, do you want to go to the dorm? Noa will come too, and all the guys will be there?" Emma shyly nods her head. Minhwan grabs a jacket for her to wear and her bag. "I’ll stay behind and grabs some clothes for you Emma, is that okay?" Noa asks her. She just nods again and starts to walk towards the door, not seeing the look of worry passed between Minhwan and Noa.