Chapter 7

Do You Remember?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7: Getting Closer

It has been three days since Ah Reum started her temporary stay at the Parks’ residence. Jimin had Hana share his room with her so that she’s always accompanied. Ah Reum noticed that he has been overly caring towards her. In such, he made sure that she’s well fed and her medicine is taken on time. He also drove both her and Hana to the university and back to the house. Hana, though she found it sweet, has built suspicions towards her brother’s affectionate gestures.

Weekend finally came but Hana, weirdly enough, woke up earlier than Ah Reum. She observed the sleeping figure beside her before getting out of the bed. Once she was done with washing up, Hana quietly entered the kitchen and saw her brother who seem to be busy cooking breakfast. She sighed before approaching the elder guy, leaning her back against his.

“Good morning oppa”

Jimin turned the stove off and slowly turned, making his sister turn as well. He flashed his famous eye smile before giving a peck on her temple.

“Good morning my lovely dongsaeng” He then walked past her to get a plate. “You’re amazingly up early today, is the world coming to an end?” He teased as he placed the plate of kimchi fried rice on the dining table.

“I can wake up early when I want to”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah”

“What prompt you to wake up before 8?” Jimin returned to the stove to cook eggs while Hana got herself a glass of milk.

“I just” she groaned, “I just feel like waking up early”

“You should be more like this during weekdays”

Hana just stared blankly at her brother’s back. She started arguing with herself to ask him about her suspicions. She let out a frustrated sigh. She’s your brother Hana, just ask.

“Oppa”

“Yeah?” He turned to face her as he was done cooking, “What is it dongsaeng?”

She sighed again, making Jimin sit beside her and hold her hand.

“Tell me what’s bothering you sister” He said, assuring her that it’s going to be okay.

“Well” she started, “Why are you so affectionate towards Ah Reum?”

Jimin gulped.

“Do you, perhaps, have feelings for her?”

“I don’t know Hana.” He sighed, trying to think of a way to respond correctly, “There’s just this vibe she gives that makes me want to care for her and protect her”

“So you do like her?”

“I care about her the way I do to you” He looked into her eyes, “but if I am to be honest, I feel like this will evolve to another level of caring, but for now, I only see her as a fragile close friend or something.”

Hana sighed. It’s not that she didn’t like the idea of her brother falling for her friend, but she just don’t want to find herself in the middle if things don’t turn out good.

“Hana, what’s wrong?” Jimin worriedly asked.

“Nothing oppa,” She finally smiled, “Make sure to tell me if those feelings have upgraded okay?”

He smiled back at his sister, “Of course! You’ll be the first to know”

“Good morning” The siblings froze at the sudden voice and exchanged looks as if doing telepathy.

Ah Reum sensed an awkward pause, “Is there anything wrong?”

Jimin smiled at her, “No no, sweetie, we were just discussing family stuff”

Hana patted the seat beside her, inviting Ah Reum to sit, while Jimin went to get the eggs from the pan.

They were in the middle of breakfast when a loud knock dawned upon their front door. Hana and Ah Reum exchanged questioning look while Jimin just smiled.

“Who are we expecting this early?”

“Wait” Jimin quickly replied before running towards the door.

“WAASSSSUUUUUUP” A loud man’s voice came barging in, behind the screaming guy were four more men, including Jungkook. Ah Reum saw him and greeted him with a shy smile to which Jungkook acknowledged by smiling back.

“HANAAAAAAAA” the guy screamed again, this time running like a horse towards Hana.

“HOBI OPPA!” Hana quickly got up from her seat to hug the screaming guy. Jimin, upon seeing that, playfully snatched his little sister.

“No hugging of my little dongsaeng!”

“Aiggooo oppa, you’re such a child!” The group laughed together. Ah Reum was just quietly smiling at the scenario until she caught the attention of one of the guys.

“Oh” He pointed, which made her uncomfortable, “Who is this beautiful lady?”

“Ah yes” Hana happily went to Ah Reum’s side, “This is Ah Reum, my friend. She’s temporarily staying here with us”

“Due to health issues” Jimin added. Earning ‘o’s and nods from the group.

“I’m Jin,” the guy who noticed her started, “the eldest and most handsome in this group, nice to meet you”

He really is incredibly handsome, Ah Reum thought. “Nice to meet you too”

“I’m Namjoon, known as Rap monster because of my awesome rapping skills” He then flashed a smile, showing his famous dimple.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter