Not My Order

Park Jimin, Park Jimin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amber Liu!" the barista called out.

A tomboyish girl went up and quickly grabbed her hot coffee and rushed outside the coffee shop.

I've seen her around school quite a lot. Being captian of the girls track team and volleyball team is very bold and athletic of her. I on the other hand, can't even last a minute before passing out just by running. It's no wonder I'm not involved in sport-related activities.

The coffee shop is full of customers, most of them are students in my school. I caught a couple of familiar faces, but I didn't bother going up to them to say hi. I'm here for one reason, probably the same reason the students are here for; studying for an upcoming exam. I was planning to study in the shop, but it was so crowded with people I might as well study at home instead.

I sat in a seat impatiently tapping my foot. My order seemed to be taking forever, although it was only two minutes.

Normally my best friend, Baek Yerin would accompany me ordering coffee. but she was busy with after-school activities that she had to decline.

Drinking coffee isn't exactly my thing, but to not fall asleep while studying is nearly impossible. Just an exception for this exam.

Finally what seemed like forever, the barista calls out, "Park Jimin!"

It was a little strange using my Korean name, since I was already used to my English name, Jamie. I've went to an international school in Thailand for a few years and went back to Korea so I wouldn't forget my culture so easily. I hesitated for a moment, but stood up from where I was sitting and went to the counter. 

At the same time, another person approches the counter. Weird. He probably needed a napkin or something.

I took a look at my coffee. I didn't order a caramel macchiato.

I opened my mouth to say, "Excuse me, this isn't what I ordered," but it didn't come out.

The guy beside me grabbed a straw and the coffee. I finally got a good look at him. I've seen you around school too. You were the one who flirted with other girls in the cafeteria. Oh my god you are cute. He was a little shorter than most of the guys at my school, but taller than me by a few inches.

He finally looked at me into my eyes. I must've looked at him a little strangely, since he widen his eyes and tilted his head a bit.

"Can I help you?" he spoke at last.

I quickly thought back to what just happened  few seconds ago. If that was his coffee, it must mean...

No way. It can't be...unless-

"Is your name Park Jimin?" I finally spoke. There was no way I'd meet someone with the same name as me.

"Yes, is there something you need?" he tilted his head to the side again.

"Because my name is also Park Jimin."

What are the chances of meeting someone who has the same name and surname as yours?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there! Here's an update for this first chapter! Sorry if it's a little short..but I'll try to write a longer chapter next! Please enjoy!