he was angry at himself

Hate That I've Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's Point of View

 

Sehun? 

Sehun was the weird cashier who always laughed at me every time I mispronounced an announcement at the store. Sehun was the weirdest and funniest friend I've ever had though, I could say. Sehun was a noob who enjoyed calling me a noob. Sehun was fun to be with. You would laugh at his dumbfounded face all the time and your hands would be itching to squish his cutie-pie face.

Every time Sehun laughed, you wouldn't see his eyes but his long eyelashes.

Sehun was the boy who bought me coffee on his first day of work. Sehun was the adorable whom I always imagined as Patrick the Star.

Sehun's favorite song was my favorite too, but he stopped saying it was his favorite when I started singing it in his car. Sehun liked to offend me so much, but until now I have no idea if he's doing it on purpose or not. Maybe he just stopped liking that song, apparently.

Sehun loved anime as much as I did. We would stay in his car outside my apartment while watching anime on his phone. 

Sehun liked touching my hands. Sehun was a gentle man who would open the door for me, but Sehun was also forgetful. No wonder. Sehun was old, sometimes I would open the door for him. Sehun loved being treated like the mentor or the king. Sehun was the annoying little who taught me how to gamble in a restaurant.

Sehun was just...annoying. But I always thought of him, every day every night. Because Sehun gave me an unforgettable friendship.

I never thought of Sehun as someone more than a friend to me. I always thought that I only see him as a close friend. 

Things changed when he asked me to be his boyfriend then I ended up laughing at him. 

"You're joking right?" I asked, laughing awkwardly and sighing afterwards. 

"I'm not joking," he said. "I'm serious!" He insisted. 

"Well uhm." I laughed again. "Are you serious? I mean, come on, and stop joking with me dude. I mean, Sehun. I mean, boyfriend? Sehun, you're like ny best friend and then all of the sudden, you're asking me to be...?" 

"Your boyfriend." He finished.

"Uh well, how about uh --- well, hum --- ask me again next time."

"What? Ask you again next time?"

"Yes, because I need time to think you know!"

"Why? Do you not like me?"

"What? No! I mean- Yes I do like you!" I was going to say as a friend, but then... "Anyway, let's talk about something else! So tomorrow, I might not be working with you as a cashier anymore and Suho will be changing the schedule since there will be a new cashier replacing me." I suddenly fell silent as Sehun's disappointed face began running around in my mind.

That gay just asked me to be his boyfriend, without even courting me. I mean, courting (in a fairly romantic way; not straightforward confession in a car) is not a big deal. Besides, we ate out multiple times. I bet some people who saw us so close together thought that we weren't just straight guy friends hanging out every day.

So if I were to think of it that way too, Sehun and I had actually been dating for five freaking months. 

If that's how it works in his country, then maybe yes.

Later that night, he sent me a text. He said:

'Luhan, just let me know and be honest with me. I can take it.'

 

If I had the guts to be really honest with him, I could have said that he should have at least tried to pursue me in other romantic ways. I mean, I'm a guy and he's a guy but asking a guy to be your boyfriend makes them really curious how boys actually pursue a girl.

Like... How exactly does it feel like to be courted by a guy in a romantic way?

*scratches head*

You know, when a guy gives you flowers or love letters.

Treat you to a romantic restaurant.

Watch a romantic movie with you.

Serenade you.

Something intimate. 

Something with romantic words like ’Oh you know Luhan, I really like you and I think I love you. Would you go out with me?'

 

Well...

Sehun would only laugh at me if I were to ask him that much.

I'm not even a girl.

 

Still, I rejected Sehun.

'No, I'm sorry. I'm not ready to be in any relationship, Sehun. I just want us to be friends.' I pressed send.

If you're asking why I never mentioned how we're both guys, well it's because that didn't really matter to me.

I found out I wasn't straight when I was still in China, so Sehun's confession in Korea wasn't as mind-blowing as my first boyfriend's confession.

 

The following days after t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter