he was just a joke

Hate That I've Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's Point of View

 

Luhan. 

That's his name. Isn't it beautiful? 

I was hired as a cashier in a Japanese retail store five months ago. It was where I first met him. 

"Hi, is Suho here? I'm here for the interview." I asked a guy with the hazelnut hair and skin as flawless as the shiny mannequin I saw in the next door store. The moment our eyes met, I swore to God that I would never let myself be tempted by those chocolate brown eyes and have my dad throw me to the deepest part of the ocean for being so gay.

But when the smaller boy spoke with the softest and sweetest voice I've heard in my entire life, my heart raced perfectly as the background music stopped and an announcement was made around the store.

After the announcement, he turned back to me with an apologetic look.

  "Hi there! Sorry! Uh, here for the interview, right?" He asked with a smile. "Come here."

I followed him and watched his back as he led me to the back room. The music played again, and it distracted me for a while before the manager welcomed me to his office.

My infatuation for the petite boy should have went away the next day, but it didn't.

We became fast friends on the very first day I started working. We were both cashiers and we worked practically the same hours every day.

We shook our hands when we introduced our names. 

"I'm Xi Luhan by the way," he said, smiling. "I'll be training you in the mornings."

"Cool!" I replied. "I'm Sehun, it's nice to meet you, Luhan! Looking forward t-to your...uhm, training skills or whatever you call that." I laughed awkwardly.

He told me a few things about him on my first day. He was actually new to the country and wasn't very fluent in our language yet. He was 19, and I was way older than him. The first day wasn't boring at all. We spoke during work, and he was such a cute little who loved to hide food and eat behind the camera. Sometimes he would damage a bag of candy or biscuits from work. He told me he learned it from one of our co-workers. I couldn't help but think just how evil he was, but in the end, I enjoyed breaking the rules with him.

His giggle was inviting. He laughed like SpongeBob. His smile was genuine and then... his hands were always cold. It was just perfect for my warm ones.

I figured it was probably because he walked to work every day despite the cold weather.

"Why do you have cold hands?" I asked after accidentally touching his hand- okay, maybe that was on purpose but he didn't have to know that. I made an excuse that I needed change for hundred dollar bills to singles.

  Luhan clasped his hands together and looked at me.

   "It's the cold weather." He explained. "Is it creepy?"

"I don't know. Let me try touching it again," I said and touched his hand again, but he pulled away and grabbed the money from my hand. 

"It's okay. My brother says my hand is disgusting when it's cold and sweaty," he frowned and opened his cash register. 

"No it's not!" I would say, trying to make him feel better. He would just chuckle and then we'd end up talking about something else. He asked me how I liked working so far, and deep inside my thought I always wanted to tell him just how eager I was to see him every morning.

Sometimes I don't see him. Sometimes he worked in the morning and my shift was at night. But I wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter