Chapter 6

Hate That I've Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's Point of View

 

I left dinner after I received a call from my mom. She was asking if we could eat dinner together since she'd be home earlier than usual. I lied that I was on my way home, then I told my co-workers that I had to go home.

The food was good but I had no appetite to eat around them anyway. I still couldn't face Sehun. So I grabbed the chance and left while he was still in the restroom. 

Sehun and Jessica looked good together. Sehun and I used to sit together anytime anywhere until he met the new cashier. I guess he found his perfect match. Someone pretty, a woman. 

I don't deseve him. Perhaps, I just don't deserve anyone. However, I still wanted to be found by him.

"You should really look straight while walking," someone said and suddenly a figure appeared in front of me. "Do you need a ride, Luhan?" I recognized his voice. I felt somehow happy because he found me. I didn't have to look at his face to know that it was him. It was Sehun, there was no doubt. 

I smiled a bit and asked, "Shouldn't you be at the restaurant, eating?"

"Well," he started slowly, as if the words were processing out of his mouth. "I found out my best friend left."

I looked up at him and met his gaze, hoping that I had heard it right.

"So I left," he added. "I'll give you a ride home, come on."

"How about Jessica? She's your date." I blurted.

"She's not the only one. We were all on a dinner date, you and our co-workers. Anyway, Chanyeol will drive her home since they'll probably finish late." Then he grabbed my hand and turned away. "You know, it's been almost a year since I first touched your hand. It was cold. It's cold again tonight. I want to ask you why again. Are you nervous? Are you sick? Is there a problem or are you just simply cold? Tell me, I'm your friend." He said. "I'm worried that you might be facing a problem alone. You used to tell me your problems or like when your parents fought and your mom left, and you were crying on the phone asking me what you should do to bring your parents back together-" before he could finish his words, I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. It made him shut up. It made my heart beat faster. It made all the pain go away. It made me feel warm despite the cold weather. 

"I'm okay, Sehun." I whispered.

"I-I'm sorry if I'm bothering you."

"What are you talking about? You're not bothering me, stupid." I laugh quietly, not letting go of his body.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter