Before It's Too Late 2/2

Hate That I've Fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan's Point of View

 

Never had I thought that things would get out of hand after my birthday. Earlier before the incident was my birthday. I still had a great day despite my heart being broken when I saw Sehun with Jessica together. Even though Sehun didn't come on my little celebration at home, I was however contented with just having my family to celebrate with. 

Although I have to admit, part of me missed him and that part was disappointed when I received nothing from him, not a call or even a text. A part of me knew that there was something missing, and that only Sehun could complete the missing piece. I thought I would get over it after celebrating my birthday and accepting the fact that he was over me. But I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't divert my thoughts from him. He was always on my mind. Sehun managed to break through my thoughts without my permission, and I hated it. I hated to say unto myself that I was in love with him.

It was the following day after that when everything went out of control. It was because of me that I almost lost him, my Sehun. 

That day, my ex-boyfriend from China invaded my apartment while my parents were away. I thought it was just the delivery guy that my mother had been expecting since morning, but right then and there, the tall guy removed his hat and gave me that familiar sly smirk. I recognized him immediately. The man I used to love. The man who abused me and abandoned me. They said he went crazy later, and then no one had ever heard from him after that so it surprised me when he visited me. Fear and worry shook my body as I tried to close the door before him, but I was too late, I got pushed on the floor instead. 

All I could think about was 'Run, run, Luhan, run' because I thought I couldn't fight back. I didn't have the strength or the courage to do something like that. Looking through his monstrous gaze made my legs feel weak and my heart on the verge of breaking in horror. I managed to run towards my room, but he grabbed me by the waist and stabbed a knife into the side of my stomach. I gasped in pain and screamed slightly once he pulled out his knife and let me fall back against the floor. 

"I didn't know this country is so much better than China," he laughed dementedly, like he had obviously lost his mind for no reason. "But I knew I'd find you here my love," he mumbled, faking a sweet voice which sounded creepier than a the ghosts in scary movies, "I came for you and your family. I think I forgot to take something from all of you." 

"G-Go away," I managed to say as he stepped on my foot, I tried to ignore the pain but it was too much to bear, tears began filling up my eyes. 

"Where's your family? I need to take their lives too, sweetie." That psycho ex-boyfriend asked and suddenly moved his feet on my stab wound. I winced as I bit my lip and closed my eyes, wishing it were all a bad dream. 

"You won't tell eh? I'll look for them then!" He shouted, kicking me once, then twice, before leaving me in my room. Then I opened my eyes and started crawling towards the bedside table, grimacing each time I shifted even the slightest. I let my fingers skimmed over the table, but what I was looking for wasn't there. I checked underneath my pillow, but alas my phone wasn't there either.

I just wanted to call my parents and my brother and tell them not to come home. I just wanted to keep them away from the danger I was currently in. I thought it was going to be the end of me. I was losing every little strength that was left in me. The blood oozing from the wound on my stomach only made me feel sicker and weaker. However just when I was about to give up, he came. Sehun came and entered my room. Never had I seen him so anxious and fretful until he found me, like I was a butterfly who just lost his wings.

"S-Sehun..." 

I just wanted to hug him. 

"G-Get..."

I just wanted to kiss him.

"...out of here..."

I just wanted to make him turn around and go.

"Sehun...." 

But I also wanted him to stay so he could listen to the words I keep on failing to say. 

I didn't want him to get hurt, I wanted him to leave. I wanted him to just come back when it's all over. Even so, he stayed and fought the man who hurt me, as if he heard the small voice inside me asking him to stay, to protect me and to heal me. 

I cried almost endlessly as I watched them fight, enduring the pain from my stab wound to feel the stronger and intense pain in my heart instead. I couldn't help worrying and thinking how I would never be able to forgive myself if something bad happens to Sehun. 

One moment, Sehun was winning, and then next second, he was losing agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter