Death of You

Until I'm Yours Again

The warehouse was pitch black as Baekhyun entered, the door creaking beneath the heavy weight of the iron. Little light filled the room and it took Baekhyun a few minutes to adjust to the darkness, blinking until he was finally able to focus on a small, squirming figure. It was that of a man’s, chains binding him tightly to the metal chair he sat in. There were red imprints of the chain ingrained in his pale skin and, as he looked closer, he noticed multiple black, blue and purple bruises trailing along his arms, the expanse of his torso and up his neck. There were two very deep, very fresh puncture wounds in the side of his neck, still dripping with blood.

The man’s eyes were closed, as if he’d been knocked out cold. His head dropped to the side, exposing the bite marks that were clearly Kris’. A white cloth was wrapped tightly around the man’s mouth, gagging him so that if he were conscious, he’d be unable to talk. Baekhyun cringed at the sight, Kris had become more of a monster than he’d thought possible.

Well, well,’ Kris’ voice chuckled, ‘Nice of you to join us.

Show your face, Kris.

Nuh uh, not so fast, hero.’ Kris sounded amused, which caused Baekhyun’s anger to flare, ‘Do you know the man before you?

Is he Minseok?

You have to ask, such a pity. Are you here to trade places then? Will you bravely take his stead? Will you finally join my side?

If it’s the only way for this man to go free, then yes, I will take his position. Just don’t hurt him anymore. It’s cruel since I have no idea who he is.

Cruel? Yes, I guess it is cruel, isn’t it?’ Kris laughed maniacally, ‘Not as cruel as you breaking my heart, though, is it?

Baekhyun scoffed in disgust, ‘Is that what this is all about, Kris? I never broke your heart, you disgusting lowlife. You never once showed me love! Let this poor creature go and use me now, then. Take advantage of me the way you always dreamed of and don’t hurt him anymore. He has nothing to do with this.

And yet, he has everything to do with this,’ Kris laughed, ‘If only you knew. Or remembered, rather. Alright, Baekhyun, a deal is a deal. You’re mine now and he’s free to go.

Let him go first,’ Baekhyun sneered into the darkness.

Slow, heavy footsteps echoed about the room until Kris finally revealed himself under the faint glow of the moonlight, ‘Submit yourself to me, and I will let him go. Play this game any longer, and I’ll kill him in his sleep.’ Kris gently traced a finger along the man’s jawline, causing him to stir slightly.

Don’t touch him, this is unfair.

Life is unfair, isn’t it?’ Kris smiled, taking the man’s chin between two long fingers, ‘He looks so lovely just like this. I want to ravish in him all over again.’ he gently pressed a kiss to the man’s lips, watching Baekhyun as he did so.

There was an indescribable sense of bitterness filling Baekhyun up from the inside and Kris could see every wave of emotion. After all, he knew Baekhyun better than he knew himself. The younger vampire was like a glass house to him; he could see everything. He knew that even though he had no memories of the boy, he still had feelings for him. A small smirk cracked on Kris’ face and he brought his lips down to the wounds, his tongue slowly peeking out to at the blood still dripping down his neck.

“Stop touching him!” Baekhyun screamed, the voice ripping from his insides and laced with a poisonous anger he couldn’t understand, “He’s not yours to touch!” The words didn't feel foreign to him, but he had no recollection of ever saying them before.

Kris clucked his tongue, “Then break down those barriers you have inside your mind. Let me in, or,” he slowly trailed his large hands down the man’s bare chest causing the unconscious body to twitch in discomfort, “I’ll take him as mine again.” Though his voice was entertained, Baekhyun knew that the threat that lay behind the words was very real.

Baekhyun let out a deep breath and closed his eyes. He felt himself slowly slip away into his own consciousness. The walls he had built up around his mind crumbled as he let his will down. Nothing guarded him, he was free for the taking. He became light-headed. The weight of blocking out the man coming off of his shoulders made him feel dizzy as tears spilled out of his eyes. The constant ache of keeping the vampire out of his thoughts had taken so much from him. Drained of all energy and left completely defenceless to Kris' ministrations.

"Much more like it," Kris grinned, 'Don't you think, Baekhyun? So much easier for me to creep in and out. What a good little boy you are. Easy for me to control. I like you better like this. Now, come to me.'

Baekhyun hadn't even processed the command by the time his body was next to Kris'. The taller leaned down and a pale cheek with the back of his hand. He looked to Minseok then and snapped his fingers. Almost immediately, Sehun emerged from the shadows and yanked the boy from the chair roughly.

Baekhyun watched with clouded eyes, unable to understand what was happening. He'd become a puppet. He did not control his own thoughts, he did not have his own thoughts. And there was nothing he could do to fight against him. His strings were held tightly by the man next to him.

As Sehun's hands grasped Minseok and he was abruptly shaken awake, he noticed a blurry figure standing next to Kris. It took him less than a second to recognize the handsome face that stared at him. His eyes were distant. Not the same kind of distance that had been there when he couldn't remember Minseok. No. This distance was complete loss, as if he didn't even know who he himself was anymore.

"Baekhyun!" The muffled scream was strangled in the back of his throat and fell on deaf ears.

"Take him back to the cell." Kris demanded.

"But, Sir!" Sehun exclaimed, "What about the deal?"

"Deal? What deal? Take him back to the cell, don't make me ask you again." Kris hummed as he sifted his fingers through Baekhyun's hair possessively.

"The fun is only just beginning."

***

Junmyeon shuffled his feet along the ground and stared at the sky changing from black to pale blue. They had been waiting for a little over an hour. Chanyeol was sitting in his car a block down the road. If Junmyeon squinted enough, he could almost pick out his face. It looked like he was sleeping from a distance. If Yixing hadn’t been so nervous, he’d probably be asleep too. Junmyeon hummed to himself and looked towards Kyungsoo who had taken to an alleyway, fiddling with his gun out of boredom.

He impatiently checked his watch again and then groaned in annoyance, stalking up to Chanyeol’s car and pounding on the window. Chanyeol jumped, startled out of his slumber. Definitely asleep. Junmyeon rolled his eyes. The tinted window rolled down slightly.

“Yes?” Chanyeol yawned, “Did anything exciting happen?”

“No,” Junmyeon said through his teeth, “What are we doing here exactly?”

“Nothing,” Chanyeol hummed and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, “There’s nothing to do. What time is it?”

“It’s almost 4 am, Chanyeol.” Junmyeon muttered, "Baekhyun has been gone for well over an hour now."

“We should get going then,” Chanyeol stretched and sat up, gripping his hands on the wheel, “Before the sun comes up, you know? There’s not much point in staying around here.”

“But what about Minseok?” Kyungsoo asked, coming up behind Junmyeon and holding his gun dangerously close to the vampire's back.

“He’s not coming out,” Chanyeol said sleepily as he started the engine of the car, “Kris was never going to let him out." Junmyeon's jaw dropped and Kyungsoo quirked an eyebrow, partially in annoyance, "Alright then, let’s go shall we? We have some planning to do. Oh, and Kyungsoo, when we get to the house, mind running to grab the phone? It’s going to ring and it’s going to be for you.”

***

They weren't even in the house for a minute when the phone's obnoxious ringtone hailed Kyungsoo away to Chanyeol's office. He dashed up the stairs, not even surprised by the King's accurate visions anymore. Nothing phased him. Chanyeol followed close behind.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo wheezed, out of breath, as he snatched the receiver, "Hello?"

"Sir," Sehun's voice came out in a crack, he sounded disturbed and unlike his usually monotone self, "Sir, Kris plans to-"

"Put him on speaker," Chanyeol said reaching for the button and interrupting the conversation, "I want to hear too."

Kyungsoo swatted at his large hands, "You're such a child," he pressed the button and placed the receiver back on the stand, "Alright, Sehun, you're on speaker. Explain."

Sehun huffed, "Kris plans to re-create Minseok's death. His first death."

Chanyeol clucked his tongue, "Because it's his last..."

“What the Hell do you mean by that?” Junmyeon snapped, half terrified and half enraged.

“Souls can only make so many journeys…” Kyungsoo whispered in pity.

"Put Minseok on the phone," Junmyeon panicked.

"I... I can't." Sehun mumbled, tone quieter and shier.

"And why not?" He demanded.

"He's a bit tied up at the moment..."

"Oh," Chanyeol's face reddened, either from embarrassment or anger or both.

"What's wrong?" Yixing asked, gently placing a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Kris has gone too far... Poor Minseok must be devastated, to be violated and abused like this. It's disgusting."

"Oh God,” Junmyeon’s breath hitched, “He’s not… To poor Minseok. Oh God…”

“How much time do we have, Sehun?” Kyungsoo demanded.

“Until tomorrow night,” Sehun let out a ragged breath and coughed, “I have to go.” he whispered hastily before hanging up the phone.

The room was silent. The air had grown heavy with the news of their time frame. There didn’t seem to be much hope, there wasn’t enough of a chance for them to prepare. Yixing’s eyes were flowing with tears and Kyungsoo had to help prop him up, his own face was sullen and nervous. Junmyeon bit at his bottom lip, trying to calm his current palpitating heart from beating out of his chest. Chanyeol sighed and everyone turned their eyes to him. They waited for him to say something, anything…

“What do we do?” Junmyeon croaked.

“I don’t know.” came Chanyeol’s shaky reply.

***

Baekhyun sat outside the room, waiting for Kris. He could hear grunts and groans coming from the opposite side of the door. The noises disturbed him, made him sick to his stomach, though he was unsure why. He didn’t budge to cover his ears or turn to leave. Something was holding him there in place. Some invisible force that wanted him to stay there and to listen to everything happening in that room. He would have shuddered had he any control of his own body.

Kris left the room shortly after the noises stopped. Blood stained his lips, dripping from the corners of his mouth, eyes red as sin. He was obviously aroused, shirt left open and displaying his red, heaving chest. There was a soft crying as he opened the door that faded once again as it clicked into place. Baekhyun wasn’t sure why, but the muffled sobs made his heart feel heavy, made him break.

A corrupt sort of contorted grin made it’s way onto Kris’ face as he stared at the mess Baekhyun was in. He was shaking as much as the older vampire would allow him to and his eyes were filled to the brim with tears that wouldn’t spill. He was a complete wreck and Kris took a sadistic pleasure from the sight.

“It’s funny,” Kris spoke as he walked ahead down the hall, forcing Baekhyun to join his side, “Using him like this. I wonder what will happen when you regain those memories of yours.”

Baekhyun wondered the same thing as he sat trapped in the small room Kris shoved him in. He teetered at the edge of a dingy bed, staring at the pale curtains that barely shaded him from the lethal brightness of the sun. He chewed at his bottom lip, many thoughts running through his head. There was one that would not go away, one he couldn’t explain.

Who is Minseok? And why do I love him?

***

Minseok felt stripped of all the innocence he had left. He had been defiled once again. Nothing but shame filled his insides while the heavy tears rolled down his cheeks, dripping onto the dirtied sheets beneath him. He was disgusted with himself, disgusted by his weak resolve.

His hair was matted to his forehead with sweat, an unending shiver travelled down his spine sending him into a quivering wreckage. He looked awful and felt even more so. Dried blood smeared across his neck, ness stained with the thick red substance. His pale body convulsed at the thoughts of how he'd been abused and where he'd been touched. His breathing was ragged and his heartbeat was severely unsteady.

He almost craved death, but he had not yet reach that breaking point. He knew that's what Kris wanted. He wanted Minseok to beg for death, the same way his lover had all those years ago. He would not let himself falter. He would be strong for Baekhyun.

***

Day slowly turned to night, sunshine replaced with an obscured glow from the moon. Minseok had finally dressed himself and watched the stars dotting the sky through the barred window. He had a strange sense that told him this would be his last night...

A slight knocking on the door disturbed him from these thoughts before it quietly creaked open. Standing there was Oh Sehun, bartender and two-faced ally of the devil himself. Minseok scowled at his presence as best he could, but it came out as a weak frown.

"Come with me," Sehun whispered, "quickly."

He didn't even wait to hear the protests that Minseok had been constructing in his mind, the thoughts of what he'd have said all for not. He stumbled out of the bed without further question and passed through dark hallways after the tall vampire. Sehun lead him right to an office where he was asked to take a seat.

Hesitantly, Minseok complied. Moments of silence passed between the two shortly after Sehun had locked the door. Minseok managed a pathetic glare at Sehun to convey his distrust and frustration with him. Sehun sighed, his eyes full of pity. Minseok opened his mouth to speak when the phone on the desk began to ring.

"Hello?" Sehun answered the phone half way through the first ring, pressing the speaker button.

"Is Minseok there with you now?" Came Chanyeol's deep voice.

Minseok jumped at the familiarity, "Chanyeol," he croaked.

"Minseok, are you okay?" Junmyeon's voice was muffled in the background.

"Shush," Chanyeol muttered, "Minseok, Kris is going to-"

"Kill me." Minseok cut in, "I know."

"We're going to get you out of there, okay? And then we're going to work in a plan to stop this rebellion and save Baekhyun-"

"No." Minseok coughed, "No. Stopping Kris should be your priority, that's how you'll save Baekhyun."

"But you-"

"Never mind me, Chanyeol. You can't sacrifice the entire human race just for one person. The risk is too high," Minseok's voice cracked under strain, his eyes, however, were too dry for him to shed anymore tears.

"But you'll die!"

"If you even think, for one moment, that I consider my own life more important than Baekhyun's safety, then I must've done something wrong."

"You don't understand!"

"I understand fully."

"If you die this time... You might not come back, Minseok... Souls only get so many chances..."

"That doesn't matter to me. What matters is Baekhyun. I'll wait for him on the other side if I have to. I don't care. Life means nothing to me without him. I may as well be dead."

"Minseok, I... We... We can't just leave you."

Minseok never had the chance to respond. The door slammed open, the lock smashed and Baekhyun stood there, eyes lifeless and hazy. Kris was behind him, a sneer on his face. Sehun hastily reached for the button on the phone, but was stopped by Baekhyun.

"Well, well, well," Kris mused, slowly forming a wicked grin on his lips, "I see the loyalty I have here. Chanyeol, is that you?"

There was a very brief silence, breathing evident from the other line, "Hello, Kris." Chanyeol’s voice was stiff.

"Ah, it is you, Yeolie! Why don't you come over? I'm about to put on quite the show. Plus, I've been working on a new trick. Would be a shame if you missed it."

"Kris, what do you think you're-" Chanyeol's enraged voice was cut off by Kris' finger pressing on the call button.

He let out an annoyed sigh, "Well, at least we'll have an audience. That could be fun." He decided as he traced Minseok's lips with his thumb, "Baekhyun, prepare our darling Minseok here the way I showed you." He said, peeling his eyes away from the boy and directing his attention to the said vampire. “I have to deal with a pesky rat real fast.”

Baekhyun merely nodded, grabbing Minseok out of the chair and forcing him out of the office. As they walked towards another room, Minseok could hear Sehun screaming in pain. A shudder wracked his body, unwilling to imagine what Kris could be doing to the younger vampire.

There was a cotton, cream coloured peasant shirt and a pair of brown slacks folded neatly on top of a wooden dresser. Minseok picked up the shirt, the fabric familiar under his touch. He shrugged off his stained work-shirt and pulled the cream coloured one over his frail body.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Baekhyun's voice broke the silence. He didn't really sound concerned in the slightest.

"I'm crying?" Minseok asked, fingers brushing over the tears he didn't realize he was still capable of shedding.

"Are you sad?"

Minseok sighed, slipping out of his pants, "Yes."

"Is it because you're going to die soon?"

There was a pause, "No."

"Aren't you afraid of death?"

"No."

"Then why do you cry?"

Minseok slipped into the brown slacks that hung low on his hips, "I miss someone."

"Who?"

"Why are you so curious?"

"You look familiar. Who do you miss?"

"I miss my lover." Minseok whispered, looking directly into Baekhyun's eyes.

"Lover? Who is your lover?"

Minseok smiled wearily, an uneasy hand reaching out to brush over Baekhyun's cheek. The vampire flinched at the soft touch. Minseok dropped his hand to his side, his chest feeling empty. His heart ached for Baekhyun to remember. His body twitched, the desire to kiss his lover was powerful and overwhelming. He couldn’t hold back any longer. He didn’t want to. Bravely, he pushed his lips onto Baekhyun's.

Baekhyun's heart stopped. He didn't kiss back, he didn't move. No thoughts ran through his head, mind blank and body unable to react to the tender touch or the smooth slide of lips. Minseok repeatedly kissed Baekhyun with much desperation. He was all too aware that this would be the last time... He rested his forehead against Baekhyun's who still had yet to respond.

"You," Minseok breathed against wet lips, "You’re my lover."

Baekhyun's eyes fluttered closed in bliss. His heart swelled with a feeling he could only describe as undeniable love. Something in the back of his mind screamed at him to pull this boy to his chest and kiss him senseless, to whisper in his ear that everything will be okay, to take his hand and run away from here...

'Stop it,' Kris' voice was commanding and clouded Baekhyun's mind, 'Bring Minseok here. Now.'

***

The warehouse was dark when Chanyeol arrived. He didn’t waste any time barging into the large room, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon trailing behind. Yixing meekly stood by the large doors and watched from afar. The lights slowly clicked on, one row at a time, above them as they entered. Chanyeol hissed at the sudden light and then was left to gasp at the horrific sight that he only knew from stories.

In the middle of the room stood a large mound of wood. Atop the wooden pile stood a wooden post with a body slumped against it. Rope bound the small frame against the wood that wrapped tight enough to cause burns in the pale skin of the boy. He had a makeshift gag made of white cloth wrapped tight around his mouth yet he looked strangely resolute.

“Minseok!” Junmyeon gasped rushing forward without thinking, only to be stopped by an unseen force.

Baekhyun emerged from behind the tall wood pile, his face stone and his body moving against his own will. He blinked several times, staring at Junmyeon and then turned his gaze to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. He squinted at Kyungsoo, who barely had time to react before he felt his body being controlled as well.

“Baekhyun, I swear to-” Kyungsoo’s words became silent with a hazy look from Baekhyun.

“Welcome to the show,” Kris’ voice echoed eerily about the room as he waltzed up behind Baekhyun, resting a large hand on his shoulder.

“This is ridiculous, Kris. Your rebellion has gone too far and become too personal. End this, now.” Chanyeol growled lowly, flashing a bright redness across his eyes to assure the threat was real.

Kris chuckled, “You see, Yeol, I can’t. The game is already afoot. Once I have our dear Baekhyun here murder the love of his life, I’ll let the memories Junmyeon has hidden in the depths of his mind resurface. He’ll experience true pain and heartbreak. And, with all of that raw emotion flowing through him, he’ll need some form of an outlet. I’m willing to provide that. I’ll use him to do my bidding and end this pathetic war against you and the human race once and for all. I’ll be the King of the new World... I’ll be a God!”

“You’re insane,” Yixing gasped.

“Insane? I’d say I’m passionate.” Kris smiled and squeezed Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Name one reason why I shouldn’t kill you right now, Kris.” Chanyeol spat angrily.

Kris quirked an eyebrow and sent a grin towards Baekhyun that had a shiver crawling its way down Chanyeol’s spine. Baekhyun turned his sullen eyes to Kyungsoo who suddenly pulled out his gun, cocking it and looking at Chanyeol worriedly. He raised the gun to his mouth and slipped the barrel between quivering lips, finger shaking against the trigger. Chanyeol swallowed hard and looked back to Kris who challenged him with a small smile.

“You’re a monster, Kris!” Chanyeol howled, “The devil must feel ashamed. The things he’s done are nothing compared to this!”

Kris smirked, “I’ll take that as a compliment. Just sit back and watch, Yeol. You’re an audience member, not an actor. Relax and enjoy.”

He snapped his fingers and Baekhyun reacted by turning to look at Minseok straight on. Minseok watched with fearful eyes as Baekhyun struck a match, dangling it over the wood pile. Kris grinned as Baekhyun hesitated before the match slipped between tentative fingertips, setting the entire thing ablaze. Minseok barely had time to react as the flames began up at his feet and legs, smoke rising into his eyes. Had the gag been removed, a deathly scream would have rung about about the warehouse.

“Stop this, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol yelled, “You idiot! Don’t you know what you’re doing?!”

Baekhyun barely spared a glance behind himself before he reached for a long wooden stake. He raised in it in his hands, throwing the first off kilter and hitting the bottom of the pile. He was surprised that he’d missed and looked at Kris who only urged him to keep going. He raised the second one, missing again as Chanyeol’s voice rang in his ears. The third and fourth missed as well, no thanks to Chanyeol.

The fifth passed through Baekhyun’s hands easily and sliced through the rope bindings keeping Minseok’s body up. He slumped against the post and toppled from the flames, staggering onto the floor. He coughed and choked, breathing hard through his nose. Baekhyun stilled as he watched the boy reach to pull the gag from his mouth.

‘No… Minseok no… Don’t do this…’
“It’s me!”
‘Minseok, please… Stop, please… Let me save you...’

Baekhyun shook his head free of the unknown memory clawing its way into his thoughts.

“What are you waiting for, Baekhyun? Finish him off!”

The sixth and final stake left Baekhyun’s hands with an intense force and an acute precision. It passed through the air, ripping it’s path towards the victim. Junmyeon’s and Yixing’s cries filled the room and Kyungsoo watched through tear-filled eyes. The scream that ripped through Chanyeol’s throat had even Baekhyun wishing his actions away.

Minseok's eyes widened in shock. Pain spread through him that he’d never felt before. Something about the look in his lover’s eyes as he injured him physically hurt more than anything. He looked down at his chest and fell forward onto his knees unable to hold himself up anymore. He took in a sharp breath and wrapped small hands around the stake that pierced him right below  his shoulder. He hissed as he pulled at it, the wooden spear lodged deep within him. Blood drenched his body and the ground beneath him until he finally managed to free himself of the thick, sharp object, falling back onto the floor with a sickening thud.

Baekhyun’s breath hitched at the sight and Kris’ evil laughter filled his ears.

Minseok...?

“Kim Minseok!” Baekhyun screeched, the memories hit him hard and broke him completely.

“Look what you’ve done, you monster,” Kris couldn’t stop the giggle that followed, “My perfect little weapon.”

Baekhyun snapped. Everything quickly flashed before him. His brain was spinning, a tornado of rage freely roamed his mind when he realized what had happened.

“Your perfect little weapon, am I?!” Baekhyun screamed, taking fast, angry steps right up to Kris.

“What are you doing, Baekhyun?” Kris asked, a mild fear evident in his voice, “Stop. Stop! I command you to stop!”

“You’re not in my head anymore, Kris.” Baekhyun growled, “And I’ll never let you in again.”

“Wh-What?” Kris was terrified by the inability to control Baekhyun, the inability to make him stop from doing what he knew he was about to do. He took a step back.

Baekhyun growled, his eyes narrowing. He knew that he was stronger than Kris at that moment, the adrenaline coursing through his veins. As soon as Kris showed his move to escape, Baekhyun leaped onto the taller with as much force as he could. The two crashed onto the ground, tumbling and struggling to tear at each other.

Kris attempted to use his legs to kick out and knee Baekhyun off of him. However, the younger vampire grabbed the other’s collar and yanked it up before slamming him back down again. Baekhyun pushed himself up enough to quickly land his fist against Kris’ cheek. He proceeded to land another blow with his other arm. Blows relentlessly pounding against Kris’ flesh.

Baekhyun wrapped long, slender fingers tightly around Kris’ neck. He squeezed just enough to cause the skin to break under his nails and for Kris to rasp out for air, face turning red as he struggled against the grip. He reached up to claw at Baekhyun’s arms, but the attempt was futile as his mind became too hazy from the cut of air supply. Baekhyun smirked at the look on the old vampire's face before sinking his sharp teeth into the neck.

“N-No,” Kris choked, “What are you doing, Baekhyun? You can’t do this… You'll... You’ll kill us both!”

“You’re right,” Baekhyun muttered, pulling his teeth out of Kris’ neck, tongue lapping at the blood on the corners of his own lips, “But I don’t care anymore. I have no reason to care anymore.” His teeth sunk quickly back into place and Kris screamed.

Baekhyun drank, the blood from the man that weakened in his grasp. He could taste the poison, the blood laced with the virus that had turned him in the first place. It was tainted and he could feel his heart rejecting it from his system. Coughing and choking on the substance, he forced it down so he could drain everything from Kris. So he could kill him once and for all.

“Baekhyun,” Minseok’s voice was frail and soft in the vampire’s ears.

He pulled his bloody mouth away from the vampire to look at his lover, lying in a pool of his own crimson gore. He’d done that to him. Glowing red eyes turned back to Kris, who was twitching and gasping for air as the blood squirted from his neck. Baekhyun gulped and lifted himself up, rushing, instead, to Minseok’s side. Finishing off Kris could wait. Right now he needed to be with the only person that ever gave him any reason to live.

Kyungsoo was quick to take the opportunity to shoot the vampire who looked up with pleading eyes. The small man showed no remorse as he brutally pelted the vampire with silver bullets, his shrieking filling the room until all that could be heard was the sound of shot after shot echoing against the empty, metal walls. Words along the lines of ‘No one turns my own gun against me,’ were muttered under Kyungsoo’s breath.

"Minseok, Minseok," Baekhyun chanted his name over and over again, crashing to the boy’s side, "Look at me, Baozi, please look at me,"

Minseok smiled at the sound of Baekhyun's voice and the familiar old nickname, "Hi."

"Hi, baby," Baekhyun whispered, spreading his fingers through Minseok's sweat coated hair, trying his best to reciprocate the smile as he sniffled back his tears.

Blood spread out underneath Minseok's body and stained the shirt he wore. Baekhyun gently pressed his fingers against the hole, pathetically trying to stop the blood from flowing. Minseok winced in pain and hissed at the burning sensation.

"Baekhyun," he gasped out, "Please stop."

"Yixing!" Baekhyun yelled out obscenely remembering that he’d seen him watching in horror from the corner of his eyes, "Yixing, please do something for him!"

Yixing shifted, "I don't think there's anything I can do..."

"Please!" Baekhyun begged, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Baekhyun-ah," Minseok hummed, "Look at me."

Baekhyun turned his eyes to Minseok and felt his heart shattering all over again, "I'm so sorry," He choked, "I'm so, so sorry… I hurt you so bad and I lied to you so many times… Oh Minseok, I can never forgive myself… I... I..."

"Shush, it's okay," Minseok cooed.

"But Minseok, I killed you... You're dying and it's all by my hands," he was sobbing now, “how could I do this to you?”

"It wasn't you, it was Kris."

"But-"

Minseok reached a blood drenched hand up and Baekhyun's cheek carefully, "No, listen to me. I know you love me, I know you do. It's okay, it's all okay," he coughed and took in a ragged breath, eyes slowly rolling back.

"Minseok! Please stay with me! I... I only just got you back!"

"I'm sorry..."

"No, please, please, please, Minseok! Don’t go, please don’t go… I want you! I need you now!"

"Baekhyun-ah," he murmured softly, "You'll have to wait... Wait until I'm yours again." Minseok coughed, breathing hard and gasping in pain as Baekhyun pressed wavering hands against the wound in his body again. His attempts to stop the blood were in vain. It was hopeless. Minseok reached with a feeble grasp to stop him, barely managing a squeeze of reassurance. Baekhyun choked on his own saliva as he tried to swallow the lump in his throat, the knot in his stomach and hurt in his heart growing stronger with every tear that fell from his lover’s eyes.

"No, Minseok, no... Not again. Please no… Stay here with me..." Baekhyun mumbled incoherently through his sobs.

Minseok sent a faltering smile towards Baekhyun, his mouth was dry. He couldn’t respond, couldn’t even manage a small noise from the back of his throat. He knew this feeling, remembered it well from his previous life. Baekhyun must have recognized the vacant look in his eyes, because his grip on Minseok’s body only tightened, pushing out his last breath. But Minseok wasn’t hurt, not anymore. He was content… Because the last thing he felt was Baekhyun’s touch, the last thing he saw was Baekhyun’s face and the last thing he heard were Baekhyun’s precious words.

“I love you!”

I love you too Baekhyun...


Tasha: THE END.

Siver: lol jk we're not that mean.