Part of You

Until I'm Yours Again

"It's been a long time, Minseok. I've missed you." Sehun smiled wryly.

“S-Sehun?”

“You could use with some new decor around here, it’s rather drab.” He remarked drumming his fingers along the back of the couch.

“How did you even get in here?!”

“Wasn’t too hard,” Sehun smirked, “Your landlady actually let me up here after some simple persuasion.” the way he said the last word made Minseok shudder involuntarily, disturbed by the way he put an eerie emphasis on it.

Minseok felt his senses clogging, he didn’t understand what was happening. All of his thoughts were jumbled in a fog as he tried to piece together why Sehun was coming to visit him like this out of nowhere. He hadn’t seen the vampire since the explosion at the club, and he didn’t think that anyone by the bar had survived, not unless… He had escaped beforehand… But that meant he had to have known about it...

Oh.

“What the Hell, Sehun?!” Minseok squealed as he reached for the doorknob behind him.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Sehun whispered as he approached Minseok slowly, his voice was stern, but there was a smile behind it.

Minseok ignored his warning and turned hastily, throwing the door open with a bang as it slammed against the wall. Before he could have even tried to dash for it, there was a figure before him. He was taller than Sehun and much gruffer with his hands as he put them out to stop the boy from moving. The sudden embrace was all too familiar to Minseok as he struggled in the grip. A laugh rumbled in the man’s chest that vibrated through him.

Two long fingers reached out for Minseok’s chin forcing the smaller to look up at him, “Don’t shy away from me, babe.” Kris smiled a smile that was distorted and terrifying.

Kris' grin only grew wider at the fear clearly etched in the shorter’s eyes. He rested his hands on Minseok’s shoulders and gently rubbed them down his arms making his skin crawl. Kris smirked and promptly pressed his lips against Minseok's, hard, forcing the kiss on the boy who easily unravelled in his arms. A chuckle came from the back of Kris' throat, he loved how submissive Minseok could be. Then again, he didn't have much of a choice. Not if he wanted to live.

***

"Minseok's not here this morning?" Junmyeon asked curiously as he stirred his spoon in his mug lazily, "Did he call in sick?"

Jongdae shrugged, "Maybe he's running late."

"Hmm," Junmyeon hummed, "That's unusual of him."

Jongdae huffed and spun around in his chair, "Unusual is a word for it. He wasn't even home last night when I got there for our movie night. He's probably with that mysterious boyfriend of his."

"That's impossible," Junmyeon muttered and rubbed at the bridge of his nose in confusion.

"Well that's what the note said. I thought they weren't seeing each other anymore, but-"

"Note?" Junmyeon cut him off, sounding even more confused than before.

"Yeah, there was a note stuck to his door when I got there," Jongdae clucked his tongue, "I think I have it in my briefcase actually," he grabbed his bag and opened it, "To be honest, it was really strange and I don't know what it means."

He quickly rummaged through his things and then finally produced a slip of parchment stationery, handing it to his boss. Junmyeon took one glance at the scrawling and swirls of the paper and recognized it from somewhere, a dark feeling overwhelming him. He scanned the words quickly and his face grew white as he dropped his coffee mug to the carpeted flooring and dashed to his office, the note still crushed in his fist.

It didn't take much to convince him to come with me this time. He must really be in love. We'll see you soon, maybe.

- Kris xo

***

Baekhyun will never forget the phone call he received at precisely 9:47 am from Junmyeon. There was a lot of blabbering from the other end of the receiver and he felt himself blinking in confusion trying to decipher what it was exactly the vampire was telling him. There was something about Kris and a man named Minseok. What Baekhyun will never forget is the way Junmyeon spoke as if he knew who this Minseok was.

"Junmyeon, calm down." Baekhyun breathed, "I don't know what or who you are talking about."

"Ah," Junmyeon stopped dead in his spiel, "Right, I forgot. Never mind." There was a brief moment of silence before he continued. “Are you at Chanyeol’s right now?”

“Yes…?”

“I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

And true to his word, Baekhyun heard a door slam open as he was heading to Chanyeol’s office to report Junmyeon’s statement. He turned his head back, witnessing a heavily breathing Junmyeon in a messy attire; sunglasses, slightly crooked, covering red eyes and a long coat that covered most of his skin to protect himself as best he could from the sunshine. He looked like he ran all the way to the building.

“Junmyeon?” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol’s voice from behind him. “What are you doing here?”

Junmyeon didn’t say a word as he took quick steps to Chanyeol and slapped down a piece of paper.

“Minseok didn’t show up to work today.” Junmyeon breathed. “Jongdae found this at his apartment.”

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol pick up the paper and scan it. An uneasy feeling filled him when he saw Chanyeol’s eyes widen. The taller vampire stood up from his seat and stared at Junmyeon.

“Chanyeol.” Junmyeon frowned. “We have to do something and especially since…” Baekhyun noticed how Junmyeon’s eyes slightly shifted over to him, which confused him even more.

“You’re right.” Chanyeol sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He looked tired and without a doubt felt exhausted. “We should wait for Kyungsoo to get here and make a plan.”

“A plan for what?”

The three vampires turned around to find the human letting himself into the room. He crossed his arms when he was near the center and raised a brow, a demanding gesture for someone to explain. Junmyeon glanced to Chanyeol before he repeated why he was there. Kyungsoo shook his head when he received the information.

“We have to find a way to get him back. There’s no reason for him to be there when this guy doesn’t even remember him.” The vampire hunter groaned as he waved a hand to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was about to retaliate but stopped himself when a searing pain shot like a bullet through his head and he felt himself stumbling forward in response to the agony. He grabbed at Chanyeol’s desk for support with his hands and then felt the pain once more, his left hand instantly reaching for his forehead as if this the action would somehow make it stop. The ache was massive and he hadn’t been expecting it, but he recognized the discomforting feeling. Kris was fighting his way into his mind and this time he wasn’t going to let up so easily.

Baekhyun, just relax and let me in,’ Kris chuckled, ‘You know, you’re taking a very long time to come find him again. Usually you’d have been here by now, same place as always. You’re not giving up, are you? You’re making this no fun, babe. I need you to work a little with me here.’

What are you talking about, Kris?!

Don’t play with me, Baekhyun, you must know he’s missing by now. Don't you want him back?'

Who are you talking about?!’ Baekhyun’s voice was growling in frustration.

Who?’ Kris thought for a moment and then laughed so sincerely it made Baekhyun flinch, the noise pounding in his head and causing him to fall to his knees, ‘Oh you’ve made it much more interesting this time, haven’t you, Baekhyun?’ he continuously chuckled until the voice faded from Baekhyun’s mind.

“Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled, his voice finally reaching the vampire cowering on the ground in complete disarray.

“What?” Baekhyun wheezed, wobbling to his feet with the aid of Yixing and Junmyeon, “Why are you so loud, Chanyeol?”

“Are you alright?”

Baekhyun merely coughed in response as he thought about Chanyeol’s question. He hurriedly replied with a ‘I’m fine,’ but he wasn’t sure if he was. The back of his head was still throbbing with Kris’ voice ringing so clearly through his mind. What was it that he had made more interesting? What could he have possibly meant by ‘this time’? What exactly was it that he was giving up on? Who was he giving up on? There were so many questions he wanted to ask and he knew that the only people who have the answers to them were staying silent for reasons unknown. He could only assume that the old Baekhyun had rid himself of these memories, but that was no help to him now.

He wasn't fine, he was anything but.

"Kris was in your head again," It wasn’t a question, "What did he say? Say it exactly as he did."

Baekhyun was taken aback by the seriousness and hidden anger in Chanyeol's tone, but proceeded to say word for word what Kris had told him. Chanyeol's face became crestfallen and he turned to Junmyeon, who looked just as pale and nervous. Yixing, in the mean time, had completely excused himself from the room, feeling mildly nauseous. Kyungsoo stayed silent, chewing on his lips in deep thought. This information confirmed that yes, Minseok had been captured and that the only person who knew where to find him had erased all memories of him.

"Who is Minseok?" Baekhyun asked timidly.

"A friend." Chanyeol muttered, "He's a friend."

"How do you propose we find him Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asked, running his fingers through his hair, stress finally reaching its peak.

"Junmyeon," Chanyeol sighed, "Could you pull the memory from him? Without bringing it back?"

Junmyeon thought for a moment, "I'm not sure. I've never tried that before."

"We just need a street name, a building number, anything," Chanyeol sounded so desperate and panicked, not knowing what the future would hold for him. Kyungsoo rested a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently, whispering promises in his ear.

"May I?" Junmyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded as the vampire carefully laid a hand against his head.

The streets blends with the darkness of the sky, the moon being the only source of light and making an eerie glow to my surroundings. Everything around me is blurry… And I realize I’m running. I take a left turn and can barely read the street signs. People are yelling, screaming. This is all too familiar.

I can smell smoke and I know there's a fire just ahead.

I’ve seen this before… Wasn’t this just a dream?

“Baekhyun!”

I know that voice… I need to see this person… I have to…

I’ve reached the building and the name of it is a blur, but I can just pick out the number on the side of the building.

Number 13.

Breeze Place.

“Baekhyun!”

I’ve almost reached him, I’m so close! I know who you are, you’re…

Xiumin!”

The memory faded away before Baekhyun could see the man cowering in his dreams as Junmyeon’s hand dropped from his forehead.

“Building 13, Breeze place.” Junmyeon said breathlessly, the memories having been intense for him to follow as well.

Kyungsoo snapped his fingers in time with his realization, “That’s the warehouse our insider works in. Chanyeol, may I borrow your phone?”

“Of course, Kyungie,” Chanyeol chuckled at the glare on Kyungsoo’s face.

The man wasted no time in dialing an unknown number and waiting for two rings before the insider on the other line finally answered. His voice was hoarse, the conversation was barely audible through the old landline in Chanyeol’s office.

“Sir?” the voice came and Baekhyun thought that he might’ve recognized it from somewhere.

“You have Kim Minseok there, don’t you?”

The voice sighed heavily, “Yes… Kris is determined to keep him here and kill him, unless…” he lowered his voice and sounds of a door opening could be heard in the background, “Unless Baekhyun gives himself up.”

Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably at the mention of his name, “What do I have to do with any of this? I don’t even know who Minseok is…”

“Sir, I have to go,” the mysterious voice came and the line went dead.

“Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol growled, “What in the Hell have you done here?”

***

"Sehun," Kris sneered, "Are you busy?"

Sehun clicked the receiver of the phone back into place, "Of course not, Sir." He turned his dull eyes to the tall, blonde haired vampire entering the room. Minseok was behind him, Sehun noticed, he was pale. There were gashes covering parts of his face and he was most definitely bleeding from his lip. His hands were bound by heavy, iron chains and his mouth gagged with a white cloth. He looked beyond exhausted. His body was weak and he was limping, it made Sehun want to vomit.

"I need you to do me a little favour," Kris' grin was wicked, "How good are you at recreating scenes?"

"Sir?"

"I have a splendid idea, and I think it'll be almost a sin to pass up." Kris forced Minseok to his knees before him, "Do you remember your first death, darling?" He chuckled at the expression in Minseok's eyes; fear, terror, disgust, hatred. It excited Kris.

"What do you have in mind, Sir?"

"Take a few vampires with you and set up, if you please, a pier in the warehouse. Wooden. It needs to be able to be set ablaze as well. Keep that in mind. Oh, and if you could sharpen," Kris looked down at Minseok who watched him in horror, "Was it five? No, it was six, wasn't it?" He turned his attention back to Sehun, "If you could also sharpen six wooden stakes for me, that would be most wonderful."

Sehun cringed internally at the look in Kris' eyes. The vampire was spiralling into madness and Sehun had all the displeasure of watching it unfold before him. He nodded simply before sending a very discreet look of pity towards his young friend. The fleeting look was lost on Minseok who was busy being thrown about by Kris. Sehun almost sighed and left the room quickly. He already knew what Kris had planned to do with Minseok today. And if Baekhyun had his memories with him, he'd be furious.

The door slammed shut, the metal heavy against the wall. It creaked into place before the lock clicked, the sounds echoing in the empty office. It was dark, uncomfortably so, and Minseok was shaking. He couldn't help it. He was horrified by Kris. But he was even more terrified that no one would be coming to save him. Because the only person who would, had no memory of him. His whispered sobs joined the echoing noises of the room.

"What's wrong, Minnie?" Kris cooed, "Aren't you excited? I've never touched you like this before," he chuckled darkly, his hand trailing down Minseok's neck.

Minseok writhed at the touch, cringing and shivering with disdain. He tried to express his contempt with a glare, but he couldn't stop the tears long enough nor the thoughts of Baekhyun to properly show how much he hated to be touched like this. His body was reserved for Baekhyun, even if he didn't know who he was. Minseok didn't want to be touched this way unless Baekhyun was the one touching him.

"Don't be like this," Kris smiled, taking Minseok up in his arms. He carried him across the room and threw him onto a steel framed couch. "You look so pretty." He said towering over the boy, "I could just eat you up. In fact, I think I will."

His pink tongue flicked over one of his fangs and his eyes shined bright red with desire. Panic set into Minseok's body, every part of him trying to deny the force of Kris on him. Silent screams tried to push past the gag, but he only choked and forced out his own tears.

"You're so cute when you struggle," Kris whispered as he crawled on top of his past lover's body, "Be a good boy, now. If you struggle too much I could accidentally kill you. Wouldn't want that, now would we? Could you imagine the look on Baekie's face?" A wicked grin twisted onto Kris' lips, "Oh dear, if only he could remember you. Don't worry, I'll take care of you where he's neglected to."

Kris brushed his lips onto Minseok's neck and grinned against the pale skin when he felt the boy shudder. His large hands gripped Minseok's small shoulders as he grazed his teeth over two small incisions that were healing rather nicely. The tip of his tongue poked out and experimentally at them, the wounds weren't fresh.

"If only Baekie had taken better care of you," he whispered into Minseok's ear, "If only he’d loved you..."

Minseok's eyes widened as if he'd been stabbed. He had been, directly into his heart with Kris' piercing words. If only he’d loved you. Minseok didn't have time to react or stop himself as he brought his knee up right into Kris' groin. The vampire howled in pain and dug his nails into Minseok's sides, surely leaving bruises and deep marks in the wake of the agony. He sat up, face red with anger and brought his hand down to meet the boy's soft cheek.

The sound of skin on skin reverberated about the room, the slap leaving a burning handprint on Minseok's face. A mark of frustration, torment, insanity and rage. That didn't matter. No more tears fell, perhaps he had cried them all. But to hear those words, that Baekhyun didn't love him? That was enough. He didn't need to hear anymore. Determination was the only thing in Minseok's eyes as he stared threateningly at Kris above him. Daring him to say that again. Daring him to do anything.

"Naughty boys get punished," Kris murmured angrily, slamming Minseok further down into the couch, "How shall I punish you?" He growled.

Kris reached down and dragged the gag from Minseok's mouth. He gasped for air and coughed on his own saliva as the obstruction was removed. He tried swallowing and at his lips as Kris' unending glare focused on him once more.

"Tell me, Minseok." He spat.

"Do your worst." Minseok challenged, his voice rough, but not breaking.

Kris gladly accepted.

***

It was late now. The sun had set nearly two hours ago. Chanyeol's emerged from his chambers, a blushing Kyungsoo behind him. He was smiling again and blinking happily at Junmyeon, Yixing, and Baekhyun who all stood in the foyer waiting on him. There was a glistening in his eyes, a twinkle that he had a vision either after or during his feeding. Kyungsoo fixed the collar of his black sweater around his neck.

"Kris is expecting us," Chanyeol smiled, "We ought not to keep him waiting."


Silver: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in awhile but hey look! It's been one month since this story started and it's been an awesome ride so far! Tasha has been super amazing to write with and it's been so fun this past month! I really do look forward to doing it again with her after this! And I would like to thank you guys for sticking with us! It really does mean a lot when you guys read, comment, subscribe, and upvote! We hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and stick with us til the end (which is so soon)!! We'll try to get the next one out as soon as we can! :-)

Tasha: GUYS. So, apparently, as pointed out by Silver, TODAY is our one month anniversary and I'm ?! SO AMAZED. All of the support you guys have given us is astonishing and I never would have thought that this fic would've come very far from the simple request I received nearly two months ago. I'm so thankful for every comment, subscription and up-vote. I see all of you and I appreciate every single little thing you guys have given us in return for this read. And to everyone who has been with us from the beginning, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. This has been such a long run for you guys and ugh okay I'm sorry, I'm getting sentimental. Help. Okay, but seriously, you guys rock. And it makes me sad to think that this fic will come to an end soon. That's right, there's only two chapters left for us to write, so prepare yourselves for some emotional twists and turns. Thank you again, so, SO MUCH. AHH ~ I love you all! xoxo