Housemates?

Running Gajok

 It's just the first night at the house and everything doesn't go well as what the teacher hope for. Luckily, they're not around to witness it.

          Suk Jin had to make dinner as everyone refused to cook, with Kwang Soo's help. Jong Kook and Jae Suk fight over what channel to watch on the TV, HaHa and Ji Hyo fight over which sofa to sit on while Gary remained calm at the corner.

           "Enough with the quarreling and gather around the dining room. Dinner's ready." Kwang Soo scream as he placed the last dish on the table. Suk Jin sat on one of the chair, exhausted.

           Jae Suk's the first one to arrive, followed by Jong Kook who's still bicker about the TV channel. The other three followed, with Ji Hyo and Haha again, fighting over where to sit. Gary just shook his head as he sat on a chair near a window.

          "Will they stop shouting for once?" Suk Jin whisper to himself, rubbing his head with his left hand and taking the chopstick with the other one.

          The dining hall eventually turned silent and cold as everyone starts chewing their food. However, the silence only lasted for a minute before Haha spit out his food and shouted,

          "Yah! What did you put in it? It tasted horrible!"

          "Shut up and just chew it! Not satisfied? Then cook the next meal for us!" Feeling irritated, Jae Suk yell at the short man, pointing his chopstick towards him.

          "Watch where you're pointing that thing!" Jong Kook yell, pushing Jae Suk's chopstick aside.

          "Yeah? Why don't Yoo help?" Haha back.

          "Will you boys just shut up?! Someone's trying to eat here!" Ji Hyo slapped the table hard.

          "Oh, I thought you're a boy like us. Oh yeah, I forgot that you're a girl lost in a male house." Jong Kook said sarcastically.

          "Yah!"

          The dining hall turned louder and louder by the second. Feeling uncomfortable, Gary took his plate and retreat to the kitchen, followed by Kwang Soo and Suk Jin.

           "Sorry hyung. I must have put the wrong spice in it." Kwang Soo said as he put his plate on the cooking counter.

          "No, Kwang Soo ssi. There's nothing wrong with the spices. I'm pretty sure it taste fine just now. Maybe my tongue felt numb that time." Suk Jin reply after sipping a drink.

          "There's nothing wrong with the food. It taste lovely. I'm sorry about HaHa's behavior. He's just, well, spoiled." Gary calm the duo down, continued having his meal.

---

          2200, everyone's in their special customized bedroom. Kwang Soo still find it hard to believe his room's design. Looking at the king sized bed he's currently sitting on and lots of giraffe printed stuff, he started scratching his head.

           In the other room, Gary felt a little uncomfortable with his room's design. It's not like he doesn't like it, he's just not used to it. Not to mention that there's a personal bathroom and closet in each room.

          He exit his room and explore the floor. The first place that attract his attention was the music room not far from where he's currently standing.

           Jong Kook in the other hand descended the stairs only to stop on the first floor when he heard someone strumming a guitar.

          "I thought there's only three music students and none of us play instruments." He whispered to himself, following the melody to a certain room.

          He stood in front of the door for a while, listening to a voice that was in perfect sync with the tune. He then gave a sharp stare to the name sign on the door.

          "Ji Suk Jin?" he wondered, twisting the doorknob and pushed it hard.

          Suk Jin was shocked with the sudden entry that he quickly hid something under the blanket. He than sat awkwardly on his bed, looking at the person on the other side of the door.

          "Jong Kook ah! Is there anything wrong?" even his smile went awkward.

          A long silence arrived between the two. Jong Kook tried to think of something to cover the awkwardness he created.

          "You're, a fifth year student, right?" he asked an obvious question.

           "Er... Yes. One year older than you and Jae Suk. Why?" Suk Jin, too, gave an obvious statement.

          "Then, can I call you hyung?" another idiot question was asked. Jong Kook felt like hitting himself.

           "Uhm... I don't see why not."

           "Sorry for disturbing you, hyung. Good night." he quickly ended the conversation and closed the door shut. He let out a sigh, glad that it was over.

---

          The alarm went off from every room in the house. Everyone struggle fighting their sleepy mode, forcing themselves to the bathroom and get themselves ready.

          Ji Hyo's the last one to wake up, quickly get herself dressed and grabbed her bag. After closing the door shut, she quickly descended the stairs.

          "Ji Hyo nuna? You just woke up? Hurry up!" Kwang Soo exclaimed at the main door. It's a good thing he didn't close the door yet.

            Ji Hyo grabbed her sneakers as Kwang Soo locked the door.

          "Where's the other?" she asked as she slipped her sneakers on her feet.

          "The music hyung left just now. So as the Suk hyung. We might need to speed up if we don't want to miss the next bus."

          Without another word, Ji Hyo quickly ran out of the house compound, leaving Kwang Soo to lock the gate.

          "N-Nuna! Wait up!" he yelled as he pulled his key from the lock.

           They managed to ride the bus a few seconds before the door closes. Ji Hyo thought about resting at the back seat, only to notice that the rest of the boys sitting on the seat she favour.

          "Seriously? I woke up late today, now this. *****" she muttered, seating two seats in front of them. Kwang Soo who sat in front of her was shocked to hear the word that came out of .

---

          Suk Jin's class is finally over. Most of the students are already out of hall, all but him.

          "How do you expect to have peace in a big house when none are willing to... Well... Urgh..." he started talking to himself.

           It's been a week since school started, but nothing changes. It just gets louder back at the bungalow that he felt a little scared on going home.

          "There has to be something that can be done to stop this..."

          "Suk Jin? Why aren't you home yet?" a voice startled him from behind. 

          Suk Jin turned his body, searching for it's source. "Ms Hyori." He said with respect. 

          "Is something bothering you?" She asked as she pulled a chair and sat in front of him.

          "Not really..."

          "Is this because of your housemates?"

          Suk Jin went silent for a while. She knew she's on the right track. "Not easy to deal with 6 juniors? That's pretty much common." she guessed

          "Not all of them are noisy, ma'am. Only, one third of them are quite quiet, I think... I mean... Oh, I give up! I don't think I can take it anymore, and it's just been a week!" he finally gives in, begging for help from his favourite teacher. 

          "This is just 6, I have to handle at least 100 on my own. In your case, I believe that the saying 'You'll only love them when you know them' will work."

           Suk Jin look confused about it. Ms Hyori only smiled, sharing her idea.

---

           "What do you mean we'll be playing 'The Truth Game'?" Jong Kook asked, curious with Suk Jin's sudden suggestion. Everyone that was gathered in the living hall was as confused as Jong Kook. 

            Suk Jin took out a spinning pointer and put it on the middle of the table. "The rule is simple, the pointer stops at you, we'll ask a question, try to be as truthful as possible, okay? No negative question and negative feedback allowed."

          “What if I say, no?" Ji Hyo said, annoyed. Suk Jin shook his head as he sat beside Jae Suk. “So, can I start?" Suk Jin started spinning the pointer clockwise.

           Interestingly, it stop right at Ji Hyo. Gary offered himself to ask the first question.

          “Ji Hyo, what's your ideal type for your boyfriend." he asked in a cheesy tone. The other guys just looked at him, disgusted.

          Ji Hyo felt like slapping him but answered him anyway, “I haven't thought about that. Plus, I'm still 14."

            “And I'm 15" he whispered softly. Ji Hyo spin the pointer, which eventually stopped at Kwang Soo.

           “Why are you so tall? How old are you actually?" Haha attacked all of a sudden.

            “H-How would I know why I'm tall. I'm in my second year."

           “Then why do you call me 'nuna' if we're in the same year? You've been calling me that since last year." Ji Hyo asked out of curiosity.

          “I... Skipped grade..."

        "Gary, you think people will believe if I say that?" Haha exclaimed, tapping his friend's lap.

          "I doubt that very much. I mean, your face clearly says 'I'm fifteen'. People might think you're younger and you're older." Jae Suk said, pointing his finger towards Haha, then Kwang Soo.

          "Are you saying I'm shorter than I should be?" Haha said in anger, rising himself up and lift his fist up. Gary quickly stopped him by pulling him down, patting his back.

           "Don't worry on being short. I mean, you'll grow taller once you reached maturity." Jae Suk muttered, looking somewhere else. 

            "Mature? So you're saying you're mature? Mind telling me what's with the grasshopper doll in your bedroom?" Haha's sudden attack causes his face to turn red. He quickly attacked with his own statement.

          "How about that Pororo doll on your bed, huh? A penguin is acceptable, but Pororo? Really?"

          "Yah! Sunbaenim! I..."

          "You guys have animal dolls? I have one too! It's a cute little giraffe." Kwang Soo suddenly interrupted, sounding like a little kid. Everyone just stared at him, feeling weird about his sudden confession. Suk Jin just giggled, saying that he too own a doll. An impala which he always hid under his pillow every morning.

          "Are you guys even namja? Having dolls and all..." Jong Kook starts questioning them.

          "Jong Kook like the nickname 'Kookie' despite being called 'Sparta'." Ji Hyo suddenly joins the fun. "The junior called Suk Jin oppa 'Wang Ko'! A lot of students mistaken Kwang Soo as an avatar."

          "Yah! Song Ji Hyo!"

          The hour pass, almost midnight and non are wiling to sleep just yet. They continued sharing stories and rumors and teases each other. The yelling and shouting and bickering is still there, but no longer harsh as before.


Author's note: I'm sorry if this chapter seems rushing. I don't even know how to... Mian. I'll try harder in the future chapter.