i. chemistry

MESSED UP

 

“you’re buying the company.” I whispered in horror.

His smile slips in response to the panic in my voice. “Not exactly,” he says.

“you’ve bought it. YGK. Already.”

He blinks at me warily. “ Possibly.”

“you have or you haven’t?

“have.”

What the hell! “ why?” I gasp.

“ because I can Youngbae.”

“Jiyong!...” words fail me, appalled. This is too much.

“ are you mad at me?”

“ yes! Of course I am mad at you!” I seethe.

I scramble out of the car quickly, not wanting to talk to him anymore.

I hear Jiyong mutter to Yoon, “ I think you’d better wait here.”

I sense him standing close behind as I struggle to get the right key to my apartment.

“ Youngbae.” He says calmly as if I’m some cornered wild animal.

Though my body is buffer than his, he is a little taller than I am. And as much as I wanted to lay on my bed, I don’t have the energy to argue with him anymore.

I sigh and turn to face him. I am so mad at him. My anger is palpable.

“ first, I wanted to get into publishing. Of the four companies in Korea, YGK is the most profitable, but it’s on the cusp and it’s going to stagnate- it needs to branch out. Second, I didn’t know you were working there. TOP informed me after we sealed the deal.”

Liar

“So you’re my boss now.” i casually said while looking intently to his eyes.

I stare frigidly at him. His eyes are so intense, threatening even, but y as hell. I could get lost in their steely depths.

“Technically, I’m your boss’s boss.”

“and technically, you shouldn’t harbor any kind of feelings to your employees.”

“ and what exactly do we have, Youngbae?” he murmurs as his expression changes to one of amusement.

“Don’t play with me. I know what you want and I’m telling you that I won’t give you the privilege of doing so. I won’t play your game.” I hiss.

Jiyong steps back in stunned surprise.

Oh . Have I gone too far?

“ don’t act as if it’s the most disgusting thing that ever happened to you Bae. Is it my fault that you had taken my interest since day one?” Jiyong scowls.

“Yes. And haven’t I told you to stay away from me since day one? That I’m not interested to whatever it is that you’re up to.” I struggle to maintain my moral look of outrage. “but you’re an .”

“an ?” Jiyong says. This time his lips twitch with repressed smile.

“yes an !” I shouted.

And he smiles, a dazzling, full-toothed boy smile, and I can’t help it when my heart skip a beat. How could I not be affected by the joy I see in his smile? And I am grinning too.

“ just because I have a stupid damn grin on my face doesn’t mean I am not mad as hell at you.” I mutter breathlessly, trying to suppress my chuckles.

He leans closer to me, our lips a few centimeters away from touching, his arms on my side and I thought that he would kiss me but he doesn’t. He nuzzles my hair and inhales deeply “ Dong Youngbae, you really didn’t fail to amaze me” he said in a husky voice and everything in me clenches to that one hot comment.

A few minutes passed before he stepped back but not letting go of the gaze and arms still on my side. “ will you let me in?”

 

I sigh in frustration “don’t make me laugh Jiyong, we both know that you will stay no matter how much I’ll tell you to go” I try for a grudging look but I’m smiling as I open the door.

Jiyong turns away and waves to Yoon, and the Audi pulls away.

 

It’s odd having Kwon Jiyong in the apartment. The place looks so small for him.

I am still mad at him- his stalking knows no bounds.

What should do to stop the man from inferring my life?

I gaze at his beautiful face as he sits comfortably on the couch. Seeing him here in my place when I thought we have settled to THE AGREEMENT a long time ago is heartwarming.

More than heartwarming actually, though we always banter, he still has this special place in my heart no matter how much I try to ignore it. We’ve been friends for so long anyway.

He glances around, assessing his surroundings “OC, as always.” He commented and his bold light brown eyes come to rest on mine, staring at me. 

“Er… would you like a drink?” I mutter flushing with nerves.

“no, thank you, Bae.” His eyes darken.

Oh crap. Why am I so nervous?

“What would you like to do, Bae?” he asks softly as he walks towards me, all feral and hot. “I know what I want to do,” he added in a low voice.

I back up until I bump against the concrete kitchen island.

“I’m still mad at you.”

“I know.” He smiles a lopsided apologetic smile and I melt… well, maybe not so mad.

“Would you like something to eat?” I ask.

He nods slowly. “Yes. You,” he murmurs. Everything south my waistline clenches.

I’m seduced by his voice alone, but that look, that I-want-you-now look – oh.

He’s standing in front of me, not quite touching, staring down into my eyes and bathing me in the heat that’s radiating off his body.

I’m stiflingly hot, flustered, and my legs are like jelly due to his bold comment. But I’m not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he has that effect on me.

“ well, I’m sorry but you can’t have me.” Making my way out of the zone he created heading toward my room.

I heard him chuckled. “ I know you can feel it Bae. It’s there, no matter how much you try to deny it. But I’m not going to force you.” He took a few steps and the next thing I know, I am pinned to my bedroom door. “I’m willing to wait coz you’re worth it, just that I don’t have a lifetime. The sooner you give in, the better- for both us.” He added ily with that wanton in his eyes leaning closer, and again I thought his going to kiss me, but he doesn’t. “ I’m staying over.” He added before letting me go and heads to the room next door.   

This bastard

 

II. Encounter

I lay on my bed waiting for sleep to consume me. But as I stare blankly on the room’s ceiling, I can’t help myself travelling down memory lane were Jiyong and I met for the first time.

 

Aisst! Im late. This guys will definitely kill me this time.

 

Our friendship started way back college days during brotherhood sessions. The five of us has different personalities, that’s why others found it amusing when the five of us hit it like we knew each other way before.

It’s been quiet sometime now when our group of friends decided to meet up every once in a while, hence like celebrating some “friendship anniversary” as they say. Some friends come and go but the five of us stayed together. Though we rarely see each other because we’re working on different fields, we always see to it that during our “friendship anniversary” everyone is present, that during that day we have each other all by ourselves.

And it’s been five years to be exact that the tradition has been established, and within that time of celebration I always came late so I tried really hard searching for the group of “bastards” as we call ourselves among the crowded place of the bar own my Hyunseung. Though we always have a particular spot in the place, I still struggled passing through the grinding bodies on the dance floor.

“ Finally.” TOP said, tossing the glass on the air.

“The late Dong Youngbae is here!” exclaimed by the youngest member of our group- Seungri, who is obviously tipsy.

“shut up Ri. Caught on traffic, that’s why.” I explained.

A tap on my shoulder makes me turn my head toward the guy, “Alibis.” Daesung said while smiling. “ but, we’re glad you made it a little earlier this time Youngbae” Hyunseung said in a teasing voice.

“im sorry ,okay?” defeated, I slump on the vacant chair, that’s when I realized a guy sitting across with his sweet smile plastered on his lips.

New friend

“don’t tell me your doing some errands for your workmates- again.” TOP says.

“they’re not just my workmate TOP they’re my superior”. I answered.

“superior my !”

“and what a cute you’ve got Choi Seunghyun!”

“cheers to that!”

 

Soon laughters are heard inside the pub. And so the night starts for the “bastards”

Though I’ve been sharing some stories with the group I can feel stares, so intense as if boring holes into my system and when I turn to that direction, the new guy is approaching me still staring at me.

“hi” he said in a low tone voice.

“what’s up”, I said flashing my most sincere smile while offering my hand.

“guess they forgot to introduce me.” The guy stated in an amuse tone. “Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong.” He added.

“Youngbae. Dong Youngbae.”

“heard a lot of things about you.” He said making me frown from curiosity.” From TOP. His my colleague.”

“ahhh. Boring things, I guess. I’m not really as carefree as them anyway.” The half tipsy me commented. Although I drink for a couple of times, I am not that of a heavy drinker like my friends.

“no. Infact, it’s the other way around. I found you interesting, specially now.” his moldering gaze locks with my eyes, and as if touching my very soul, he moves those light brown orbs over my face slowly checking me out and lingers longer on my slightly parted lips. “I kinda like you.”

I can feel my heart beats race from his comment and my face feels hot. I chuckled and look at him as I leaned a little closer “ too straight forward but I like you as well. We can be friends.” I said slightly jolly to hide the feels I got due to his bold comment. And moves quickly away from him.

“Not that kind of like though. But okay, I always have my ways.” I thought I heard Jiyong said but I’m not quite sure since the guys are talking in their not so controlled voice, shrugging off the thought, I tossed for a drink.

Since then Jiyong always come with us whenever the guys gathered. His like a new member of the group. I learned from TOP that he is one of the young successful business tycoon in Asia and that he’s really “interested” in me with a smirk on his face which I just take as a joke.

 

It’s TOP’s fault anyway. Everything is his fault because he’s the one supplying Jiyong the information about me.

 

Youngbae was awakened from his reverie when a he felt a hand on his chest hugging him tight.

“yah~ what are you doing?” He sleepily asked, slowly sitting up.

“I cant sleep” Jiyong answered.

“you can’t sleep or you don’t want to sleep alone?” he asked guy now lying comfortably on his bed.

“I wanted to be with you.” Jiyong said looking straight to Youngbae’s eyes.

“figures.” He commented.

“please Bae, just this once.” Jiyong pleaded slightly tugging Youngbae’s arm for him to lie next to him.

Youngbae let out a chuckle, watching Jiyong in the darkness of the room.

“ come on Ji, how many JUST THIS ONCE have you told me already?” Youngbae asked jokingly.

Jiyong chuckled as well because of Youngbae’s remark. “ I know. Just that, I can’t help it. It’s as if your calling me. And I don’t have any choice but to answer. And beside were both used to it now.”

“heck!, and you said I’m the one who’s calling?” he asked feeling awed from the man’s comment.

“yeah” Jiyong answered in a gigling voice.

Youngbae settled himself under the blanket and Jiyongs arm wrapped itself on Youngbae’s chest instantly.

“just you Ji. You know, sometimes I wonder how were you able to sleep at your apartment when you said you can’t sleep without me.”

“I have you with me.” Jiyong replied casually

Too mushy

“ no really Bae. I had you with me at my room.” Jiyong said when he hadn’t heard anything from the man lying next to him.

“ what do you mean?” Youngbae asked with curiosity in his voice.

“I got a life size dummy of you inside my room.” He answered slowly closing his eyes.

“what?! Are you crazy?! Who on earth would do such thing?!” Youngbae exclaimed in an octave voice.

“aisst! You’re too loud Bae.” Jiyong said in a stern voice. “I wonder if you’re that loud when we, you know” he added, voice now filled with lust while his hand slowly ran over Youngbae’s muscular upper body- teasingly.

“ yah! Yah!, stop with your erted thoughts.” Youngbae exclaimed playfully hitting Jiyong’s hand.

“alright, alright. But seriously Bae, it’s because I like you. I been telling you that for a couple of times now”

“you don’t like me Ji. Im just a challenge, since I’ve been turning you down for how many times already.” Youngbae explained yawning, sleep now taking over his system.

“yeah I guess. You’re evything but them anyways.” Jiyong stated while moving a little closer to Youngbae making his chest as his pillow. Not long enough he heard Youngbae snoring lightly beside him.

“it’s just lately, I feel weird. I’m not sure anymore Bae. It’s so confusing.” He added feeling his heart beating fast while he looked at the man noticing his prominent features.

It is always like this, this scene- him looking at Youngbae taking advantage of the fact that his asleep. His heart always beating fast whenever Youngbae is around and he is not happy about it more so the butterflies in his stomach when Youngbae is this close.

 

What have you done to me Dong Youngbae? What exactly have done?

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

so how was it so far? i would really appreciate reading your comments.. please do, dont hesitate.

thanks!