7..

Define Destiny

The ground was cold under Namjoon's fur. It seemed like only yesterday that the sun had already warmed the inside of their little shelter to the first chirping of birds. A month had gone by without Jungkook and Taehyung around to constantly scold or have pounce on them at first dawn.

 

Even though the year had seemed to take it's lazy time to mature those two, now that they were becoming more human every day, he felt himself missing their youth and playfulness. Even when they were all cats and running around hunting.

 

Today they had caught a few rabbits, which were abundant even in the city, and feasted before turning into their human forms. And they sat around in a circle just outside the lean-to as they talked about their days and what they were planning for the future.

 

"Jin is really nice." Jungkook said uneasily. Namjoon felt bad for him. He often debated telling him that all this mating bull was just that. He knew that Jungkook was still having a hard time with it. But something kept holding him back.

 

Tae was a completely different case. He had opened up and now talked, mostly in what Namjoon guessed were quotes from television, even more than Jungkook. His human personally bright, cute and even a bit naive.

 

"Jimin is more nice." He was saying excitedly. "Gigity."

 

"Jimin is really fun." Jungkook agreed with a big smile.

 

Namjoon had met Jimin quite a few more times than Jin. But he couldn't believe Jimin was any more fun than himself. Or would have raised them better as humans the he had shown them to hunt and hide and everything since they had each come to live with him and Yoongi.

 

"Have you mated with him yet?" Namjoon asked carefully. He was sure Jungkook would have told him if he did. Or maybe even ask him questions about how it was done. Namjoon had experienced in both cat and human form, so he thought he would be able to help Jungkook out. Even if the talk would be an uncomfortable one.

 

Jungkook's blush told him the answer immediately. "N-no. I'm too young for um..that. Right? I can wait 'til I'm 4...." He stammered.

 

"Well... I guess you can. Yes." Namjoon agreed. But didn't really agree.

 

"I mated." Taehyung piped up cheerfully. "Gigity." And everyone turned to him in disbelief.

 

Jungkook's expression got really dark after that and he spoke even less the rest of the visit. Namjoon suspected he was going to have a talk with Jimin when he got home.

 

***

 

"Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin... Jimin..." Jimin knew what was coming and he wasn't about to give into an annoying little cat who's new favourite show was 'Family Guy'. But the repetition of his name finally got to him and he had to.

 

"What?"

 

"Hi." Taehyung grinned and started running away. But he ran into Jimin's bedroom and Jimin quickly pinned him onto the bed. If he had done this a couple of weeks ago, he would have turned cat and scratched my whole face off he thought as he looked down into Taehyung's dark eyes. But he still had to be careful for other reasons.

 

Yesterday, Jungkook had stormed up to him demanding to know what he had done with Taehyung because Taehyung had told him -and the other two cats- that they had mated. It was hard to explain  alone, so he'd brought them over to Jin's so they could all have the ' talk'. Something that Jin was unsurprisingly bad at. Most of the time the guy had just stammered and blushed and shifted in his seat. Jimin had known Jin forever, and while usually Jin was pretty take-charge, talking about who he did and didn't would always fluster him. But Jimin had met Jin's prudish family so he knew where the guy had got it from.

 

So Jimin had almost single-handedly told the two cats how worked. And what qualified as 'real' . What choice would they have but to believe him anyway since it seemed that they didn't know anything about it. Even as cats. That one he wouldn't touch. They'd have to get Namjoon to educate them about all that.

 

And even though he explained that grinding till you in your pants was not even close to the actual thing, he felt like Jungkook was still irritated that he'd done anything at all with Taehyung. It made him wonder if Jungkook felt a little bit more than brotherly love for Tae. And if that was the case, what the hell were he and Jin doing in the middle of all of this .