5..

Define Destiny

Taehyung had not gone to the bathroom all over the place, as the humans had thought. Namjoon had explained that he'd probably be too nervous to go to the toilet or even eat the whole time they were visiting. Which didn't end up being more than a few hours anyway.

 

But Taehyung sure made a fuss when he had to leave. Leave Jungkook. Namjoon blamed himself, really. He'd let them believe that they would be together like he and Yoongi were. Since it was just the 4 of them in their pack. And they might still be after this is all over.

 

What he had told Jin was a lie. Or at least not really the truth. There was no reason for the two of them to be mated from just a harmless bite Jungkook gave him. Cats bit humans sometimes. Nothing bad ever actually happened. And Namjoon hadn't even heard of one instance where a cat stayed human to be with one.

 

The whole thing was just to get Jin to take Jungkook and Taehyung in and raise them as humans. But then Jin had insisted that he couldn't have 2 cats. And Tae had a fit when they tried to take him out of the house.

 

Luckily, Jin's friend Jimin had stepped forward. "I live just down the hall." He'd said. "Taehyung can stay with me if he wants to be near Jungkook that much."

 

Namjoon couldn't have asked for anything better. He'd left the three humans and two cats in Jin's apartment and walked off back home with Yoongi. Feeling very pleased with himself.

 

But now as he was going to sleep, so many thoughts kept going through his mind. Will they be safe? Did I do the right thing? It's hard being the leader. Maybe he should have just kept them here and tried to teach them the human stuff himself. He reached out to Yoongi and pulled him close.

 

"They're going to be okay." Yoongi mouthed sleepily into his neck and kissed along his jawline. And as usual, Yoongi made him feel better.


 

***

 

"Are we crazy? Are we really ing out of our minds?" Jimin shook his head in disbelief.

 

"Well, we all must be. We all watched uh... Jungkook turn into a cat. Which was freaky as hell." Hoseok commented.

 

Jimin shook his head again. "No. I mean, why are we taking care of 2 cats that are too big to be called house cats? Why did we agree to this in the first place? They could still be thieves, you know. Jin. Say something." He added annoyed that his friend had kept mostly silent the entire night when all of this was because of him.

 

"You volunteered to take Taehyung." Jin pointed out. "I have to take Jungkook for...certain reasons." He was frowning but there was also a look in his eyes that Jimin had seen all night. A look that shouldn't be there.

 

"Jin. He's not even 4  years old yet." Jimin pointed out. 4 equaled 20. Or so they were told. And then the cats would start aging like regular humans. He had a hard time believing any of this, but he had seen Jungkook's horrifying transformation like everyone else.

 

He looked at the cat in question who had finished rubbing up against everything a while ago and was now lying on the floor close to the patio door. Sleeping soundly.

 

"C'mon. I'm not the ert here." Jin snapped. "What do you want with a cat anyway?"

 

"I was trying to be nice." Jimin raised his voice.

 

"Guys. Calm down. Lets just calm the down." Hoseok raised his hands. "Just figure this out in the morning. After a good sleep. It's too much to process right now."

 

Jimin stood. "I better go get my cat." He grumbled. Taehyung was back in the bathtub. Still in cat form, he guessed. But when he opened the door, he was surprised to see a guy in a ratty t-shirt sitting on his knees in the bathtub. A really strange expression on his face. Like he was worried.

 

"Are you okay?" Jin asked before he remembered that Taehyung couldn't speak. "Hm...?" He reached forward but Taehyung growled.

 

"He needs to go outside." Jungkook came up behind him. "I do too."

 

"Outside? For.. Oh. To go. Well, hey. Just go here. You...do know how to use the toilet, right?" Jimin hoped Jungkook would say yes but from the blank stare he was getting, he assumed not. What the am I doing? Namjoon wasn't kidding when he said that they needed to learn everything.

 

He didn't even really need to piss but he guessed he had enough in him to at least demonstrate. He lifted the seat and lid, ped his pants and pulled his out. It took a while with them staring at him to get going, but finally he let out a good stream. Aiming right into the bowl. "Don't forget to aim. Jin is kind of a neat freak and will probably kick your if you make a mess." Jimin finished and tucked himself back in. "Oh. And it's polite to wash your hands." He demonstrated how to turn the faucet on and rinsed his hands off quickly. Wiping the water onto his jeans. "You guys can go ahead."

 

Taehyung jumped out of the tub and Jungkook pulled his pants down. "Woah guys. One at a time. And normally we don't even go in here with another person." He laughed and shook his head. This time in fond amusement. Having a cat might actually be fun.


 

***