4..

Define Destiny

"Watch the TV." Namjoon had ordered but Jungkook didn't care about the stupid old box that showed a bunch of humans talking to eachother. He understood them just fine and he could speak. What more did they want from him anyway? He flicked his ears back to listen more to what the other guys were talking about.

 

"...how do you get to be a cat-ware wolf ..or ware-cat? Whatever the name is." Jimin was asking. At least someone is interested. The only thing Jin had done since Jungkook had changed, was stare in his direction. Jungkook could feel his eyes practically racking across his fur. Making him feel all prickly.

 

"Between 3 and 4 we get the ability to transform." Yoongi answered. "It's hard to explain why we know."

 

"Yeah. It's like an itchy feeling." Namjoon added.

 

Jungkook remembered the itchy feeling. The way his skin and fur would prickle. Telling him he was ready to turn. A bit like he was feeling with Jin's eyes on him. Is this what mated feels like? Like I have to change for him? It better not be.

 

"..not really what I'm asking, I mean.." Jimin kept talking but Jungkook got bored. He seemed to be less patient as a cat. He knew that himself. From experience. If this place is mine, I should at least claim some of it. He got up, stretched his legs and began touching all of the things he liked.


 

***

 

Seokjin could barely keep up with the conversation Jimin was trying to engage him in. He supposed that he should be paying attention to what Namjoon and Yoongi were saying, but he only had eyes for Jungkook. He was just so interested in what Jungkook was doing.

 

"That's not really what I'm asking. I mean, how do you know you're...that kind of cat in the first place? And why don't all cats turn into people." Jimin gasped quickly. "Or do they"

 

"That would be really strange." Namjoon replied. "Of course there are only a few of us. But we find eachother through scent or hints from other animals. It's easy."

 

"I want to know.. What's the deal with 3 to 4 years? Is Jungkook only 3 years old?" Hoseok interjected.

 

"Jungkook is more than 3. He should be anyway. Taehyung is already 4, but only turned after Jungkook did. That's one of the things we have to work on." Namjoon admitted with a sigh.

 

I'm mated to a 3 year old? What the ? "What is he doing now?" Jin asked. Trying to understand anything that was going on right now.

 

"He's just marking his territory. It's natural to do that in a place he likes." Namjoon shrugged like it was no big deal.

 

"Uh...he's not going to mark his territory any other way, right?" Suddenly Jin was panicked. He did not need cat piss all over his carpet.

 

Namjoon and Yoongi looked at eachother. A silent conversation going on between them in only a few glances. "Jungkook wouldn't. He could just go outside."

 

Jin didn't feel very assured for some reason. What are they hiding?

 

Jimin, thankfully, spoke up for him. "But... Taehyung?"

 

"Um..."


 

***