12..

Define Destiny

 

Jungkook shuffled along the bridge without urgency. Cars whizzed by on his left side loudly and consistently but he barely paid attention. His focus was all on a small rock he'd been kicking from when he'd spied it further up the street. But even if he hadn't been kicking the little rock, he wouldn't be all that focused on the outside world. His thoughts were drifting around all the events he'd been through in the last year. 

From the first time he'd met - bit - Jin, to the first time they'd mated. Everything seemed so far away. So trapped in the past already. 


He hardly ever turned cat anymore. He hadn't met up with Namjoon and Yoongi in over two weeks. Finally having happened today and where he was coming back from. It hadn't felt the same. The closeness of family had been there sure, but he knew that he didn't belong to that world the way that he once had. The only world he'd known up until last year. He and Taehyung had admittedly, led a very sheltered life. 


The pebble he was kicking sailed past the railing and beyond. Probably into the water. And he looked up across the river at the murky dark water. He couldn't see any ice floating along the churning top with his inferior human eyes. Though Jin says they're still way sharper that regular human eyes. He hadn't noticed chunks of ice earlier though either. Spring is here. and then it would be summer and exactly a year since he'd met his mate. 


No matter the rocky beginning or the admission from Namjoon that the really weren't mated just because of a simple bitten hand, they had become something deeper.

They dreamed the same dreams. Their bodies physically responded to whether they were close by each other or not. Making love the first time had felt absolutely perfect. 


Jungkook was amazed at how the thought of it still made him blush. And could still turn him on. He picked up the pace of his steps. Eager to get back to Jin's arms and body. So eager to get back home. 



***



The not-so-quiet purring of his bed companion had roused Jimin out of sleep. His morning-wood at full mast but he was not in the least bit interested in waking Tae up so he could turn human and take care of it. Instead, he lay there taking in the cat's features. 


It wasn't every morning that he woke up to the furry little space-heater rumbling loudly beside him, but at least half. And no matter how many times it would happen, Jimin was always the slightest bit shocked. He knows Taehyung is a cat but for some reason it still doesn't register completely. The placid stillness on Tae's cat-face, sometimes coupled with a smile yes, cats do smile reminding him that he lives with a sweet, naive yet wild animal. It is a good reminder. He wouldn't want to get too used to this in case suddenly one day Taehyung decided to return to the forest. He knew from the start that this was the kind of pet he wouldn't be able to keep but he was make sure to keep moments like these forever in his memories. 

As he softly ran his fingertips over Taehyung's smooth fur, he debated for a split second on how to get his cat to bite him. Then Tae would stay with him forever whether either of them wanted it or not. forever is a very long time but it might be fun.