1..

Define Destiny

Seokjin walked through the forest. Enjoying the quiet for a change. Sure, the city was only a kilometre away but the sound of traffic was so faint that he didn't even notice it over the chirping of birds and rustling of leaves high in the treetops.

 

Something else made a sound to his right and he glanced over. He took a little leap back, startled at the creature crouching there. It was a cat. Bigger than a house cat but smaller than a lynx. It's dark fur glistened in the rays of sun that peeked through the canopy of leaves.

 

It stood very still, as if it didn't quite seem afraid of him. He reached out a hand soothingly and spoke quietly. "Hey there." And the cat didn't make a move to run away. Seokjin loved animals so he would always try to befriend one if it seemed nice. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He creeped closer.

 

It was a bad move on his part. The cat jumped forward and sunk his teeth deep into Seokjin's hand causing him to flick the animal away roughly. It hissed once after scrambling back to it's feet and bounded off into the bushes.

 

"Yeah, you better run you little er!" Seokjin screamed after it. Stupid cat. He'd now have to go to the hospital to make sure he didn't have rabies or anything. It had been a beautiful day.

 

***

 

His wound had been cleaned and properly bandaged and yet that night it felt warm and tingly. It worried him so much, that he had a hard time sleeping and he swore to go back to the doctor the next day. But the sensation was gone in the morning and he got ready for work as well as he could without getting his bandages wet and ended up having a cool story to tell over and over again all day.

 

Then again at nighttime, the odd burning was back and he told himself he would go back to the doctor again. And again in the morning it was gone.

 

He unwrapped the gauze and peeled off the bandage and stared in shock at his palm. The bite marks were just two silvery -almost crescent shaped- marks on both the top and bottom of his hand. He hadn't known anything to heal this quickly. Maybe something was wrong with him. So he hesitated to go to the clinic again that day and just bandaged it up. Afraid to look like a lying weirdo, since he'd told everyone he'd just been bitten the day before.

 

***

 

The birds were already chirping when Jungkook opened his eyes. It wasn't quite morning yet, as evidenced by the darkness surrounding them, but the slight hint of dawning sun suggested that there was less than a half hour until sunrise.

 

He'd been awakened not by the prospect of light, but instead by Taehyung's claws digging into his skin. Kneading. He smiled softly. Taehyung must be having a dream.

 

He pet the light orange fur of Taehyung's cat body and whispered: "it's ok." And nibbled, only with his lips, the tip of Taehyung's left ear. He hadn't done it rough enough to claim him ever. He knew they were just coming out of kittenhood and would soon take other roles.


The forest floor was soft under his skin. The moss had made the softest of beds this spring. Everything was peaceful. And he fell back asleep to the sound of birds calling along the trees. Arms still running along Taehyung's spine.