Response #3

Letters to Mr. Pen Pal [EDITING]

Oh,

      So, I finally know your real name. I always thought that Jae was a little too suspicious, and as it turns out, I was right about it. In fact, I should feel happy that I was right about my hunch, but I just can’t…

       There’s something so bittersweet about discovering it this way. It’s probably just me, I suppose, because you claim you that don’t care about this. That makes it all the more embarrassing, and I’m telling you this since this might be the “last” letter that we send each other… but I imagined finding out your name differently. I thought that when you would tell me your name, it would be a sign that you trust me, and not as a goodbye. It’s ridiculous, really, and writing this down makes it seem like I got attached to you. It’s also hilarious because all we did was fight…

      On the other hand, who gave you the right to decide that? Sure, it sounds like a great plan, but I have no intentions of stopping midway. I’m going to continue writing to you because you insist that you have no interest in this, and I don’t believe that. You may think that you’re fine with being by yourself, but there will eventually come a time that you will feel lonely. It’ll be inevitable because you’re surrounded by other people who are surrounded by other people. That feeling is horrible, and I know because I’ve felt like that before… so before that happens to you, I’m going to befriend you whether you like it or not.

      And again, your letter was too bittersweet for my taste. Fortunately for me, I learned another thing about you through this “goodbye”. I know for certain now that you have at least, one friend, and that makes me happy to know.

      I didn’t know that one. I promise to study more Spanish so that next time you write back, you’ll be surprised by my skills. I learn pretty fast.

 

From

Mark Tuan

 

(,)

 

Dear Jinyoung,

If you trust me, then don’t worry too much about this. I promise nothing’s wrong with them, and if there’s anything going on between them, then I’m 100% sure that Youngjae will tell you about it. (:

(Though I can’t believe you ate Youngjae’s brownie. You always ask for permission before eating it, dummy! xD trust me, I know this because my brothers do it ALL the time! Sometimes when I’m craving for a midnight snack, I go to the kitchen and check if my stash (where I keep all of my snacks) is the way I left it… and it’s NEVER the same! My brothers even had the AUDACITY to pass the blame to my parents, when they know that I know, that they were the culprits! It’s ridiculous, really.)

By the way, here’s Mark’s address XXX, XXX, XXX… don’t be too rough on Mark because he can be rough when he feels like it.

I know you said not to thank you, but I really don’t know what else to say to express my gratitude. I mean, I’ve never received advice like yours from anyone else. Even yu_gyeom hasn’t said anything like that to me, and frankly, it’s a little embarrassing to be told that… it sort of makes me seem helpless.

You’re still right though.

I should be more confident in myself, and I should stop bringing myself down like that. I shouldn’t even need someone to tell me this because it’s something I’ve always known that I should change about myself. Besides, being the damsel in distress is soooooo 80’s or something, am I right?

I’m sorry… ): I didn’t mean to sound sarcastic. I mean, I know you want to drop the subject and all, but I really think it’s something that you should think about. Ask yourself these questions:

  1. Does your heart race around him?
  2. Do you feel something tingly inside of you when you have some kind of skin contact (for example, a hug, accidental brush of hands…)?
  3. Have you ever dreamt of him? ually, I mean.
  4. What if he starts dating someone else? Would you be okay with it?
  5. Can you imagine living without him?
  6. What if you start dating him? How does that make you feel?

 

These are a few guide questions to give you an idea about what you should be asking yourself, more or less. You helped me with my insecurities and lack of self-esteem, so now it’s my turn to help you realize this. (;

Oh, and at the moment, I’m writing this letter as I listen to some music (Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars. Great song, by the way! You should really listen to it. :D ). What about you? What are you doing? What did you do during the weekend? C:

 

 

Sorry, I was had to re-read that part. It, um, sounds great, though I won’t lie… It sort-of caught me off guard, since I hadn’t even thought of that before. But yeah, we should definitely meet up when the opportunity arrives! (:

Well, since it was an online chat, and it wasn’t face to face, I wasn’t as embarrassed about it as I would’ve been in person. It’s a little bit weird, but doesn’t it happen to you sometimes? Like, when you’re on the internet, it’s different. You have more confidence, you’re friendlier, you’re open and honest, and it’s like you have a whole other persona. Looking back now, I guess I was like that. I was playing someone else instead of the me, who’s insecure and anxious 24/7… so when yu_gyeom answered back, I was caught off guard because I thought he wouldn’t answer, and if he did, then it would’ve been different. I thought he would’ve been rougher about it, like he would ignore my message and leave it on read, so I was really happy when he answered me. He was a lot more polite and kinder than I thought he would be, and I just fell even more… ahaha. Is this getting a bit emotional, or is it just me? ^^”

That must’ve been hurtful at first… ): I mean, I’m re-reading that part, and while I do think it’s funny, I can’t help but think that must’ve been really rude. I wouldn’t have liked it at all if yu_gyeom answered me like that… You have my respect for enduring that treatment, but isn’t that too much, even for Youngjae? ;;;;;; I get that he doesn’t like socializing and all that jazz, but that’s just mean! >(

You’re not being annoying. If anything, right now, you are, but it’s only because you can’t seem to understand that you aren’t. You’re caring and nice, and that’s REALLY cool. If Youngjae can’t recognize that, or appreciate it for that fact, then he must be blind and taking it for granted. Not everyone is lucky like he is. -3-

And that is a looooooonnnnggggg list! ahahaha xD actually, it doesn’t surprise me that Youngjae can’t cook. For some reason, I thought that he would be like that because I assumed that he was lazy. It turns out that I was right! :D

Also, maybe the reason why Youngjae avoids talking about his future is because he’s unsure of it? Like, I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up. I don’t even know what university I want to go. That is why I don’t like it when people ask about that, precisely because of that, because I’m still unsure of what I want to do. I’m afraid I’ll disappoint them when I tell them I still don’t know… but who knows? Maybe Youngjae feels embarrassed about it? I never told anyone about this before (so it’s a SECRET! Don’t let Youngjae read it xD) but when I was young, I wanted to be a teacher. It’s so mainstream and unoriginal, I know, but I liked the idea of explaining concepts to other people. I wanted to help other people in any way I could… but I don’t know. Lol. The problem was that I didn’t know how to explain things well, so I gave up without even saying anything about it because I knew I was gonna get teased about it by my family and friends.

My advice? Don’t over think that too much and let him talk to you when he feels ready about it. (:

As for that last point, it DOES sound very suspicious. I can think of a couple things he could be doing inside of his room, but I don’t think it’s any of that. I say stash a camera inside and spy on him! >D I think it’s only fair since friends don’t hide things from other friends, ESPECIALLY best friends.

Right. Tokyo Ghoul marathon. Awesome. (:

That book does sound interesting! I’m gonna look it up and order it soon so I can read it~ that way, we can fangirl (or fanboy about it, but details! XD) when I finish reading it!

WELL! It’s about two fraternal twins, Noah and Jude, and how they got divided by their family. The book is narrated in two perspectives: Noah, who narrates their early years, explaining what happened, and Jude, who narrates about later, how it all came to be during the present, and how everything patches up. (This is really summed up! ahaha) And I won’t spoil anything in case you read the book later. (; And yes, Yano is one of the main characters.

 

 

No, we’re not. We’re just thinking realistically! xD

 

From yours truly,

Bambam (;

 


A/N: Hey guys! Updates are gonna be weekly, I guess... Did you notice Bambam's attitude? c; 

I'll also try to patch up quickly MarkJae's fight bc of the plot... tho there rly isn't one but to get them on talking terms, I mean.

Feel free to upvote, comment & subscribe! 

That's it for today... not rly in the mood now. Hope you guys like it! Enjoy?