Sugar

Play That Tune (I'll Be Your Music)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sugar by Maroon 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vw84EkHOlY

 

Yoongi feels like a fifteen-year-old girl whenever Namjoon is around. Without any effort, the blonde can all the swag out of the older boy, leaving Yoongi blushing and gasping for words. Namjoon’s magical power is both frustrating and exciting in the sense that it sets Yoongi’s heart on fire and scares the hell out of him at the same time.

 

Lack of brain function is not the only side effect that Yoongi has been experiencing due to Namjoon's existence. He is also finding it harder and harder to keep his hands off the younger man's body. Namjoon's skin is impossibly soft and begs to be , and the need to touch is not so much of an issue when they are alone. The blonde likes Yoongi’s hands on his body, and Yoongi is always happy to fulfill any wish the younger man has in the form of him caressing Namjoon’s skin.

 

Right now, however, side effect number two is becoming a problem. A big, big problem. They are sitting in music theory class, and Namjoon is sitting in front of Yoongi. The seating arrangement is nothing new; it’s been this way for the entire semester. They had chosen this seating pattern for a very specific purpose, in which Namjoon (prior to the change in their relationship), would act as Yoongi’s wall of protection. The tall blonde boy would sit in a way that would block a sleeping Yoongi from the watchful eye of Do Kyungsoo, known to his students as Professor Soo. It has never been an issue before, but right now, Yoongi wishes he was sitting somewhere else, anywhere other than behind Namjoon.

 

Today Yoongi can’t sleep for two reasons. For starters, his heart is beating at an unnatural rate, and Yoongi would be worried that he's having a slight heart attack if he wasn't so distracted by the blonde's presence. Secondly, and most likely the cause of reason one, the back of Namjoon’s neck, specifically the area by the end of the blonde’s hairline is all he can see. Yoongi is not sure why, but for reasons he can't place, that region of Namjoon's head has suddenly become the most intriguing thing his eyes have ever seen. The redhead can't seem to see anything but the blonde's neck.

For most of the lecture, the older boy has been fighting the urge to reach out and run his hand over Namjoon's soft, inviting skin while sinking his fingers into the man's silky hair. This is a problem because Yoongi has no clue what Professor Soo has been talking about for the last hour because the redhead's mind is consumed and filled with thoughts of Namjoon’s sweet, tantalizing flesh.

 

“Min Yoongi, can you pick up where Shinjoon left off?” The teacher’s voice drags Yoongi back to reality.

 

“Uhmm, I--” Yoongi is stumped, he has no idea what they are reading much less where Shinjoon has stopped.

 

“I’ll do it, sir,” Namjoon speaks up saving Yoongi from public humiliation, “I find scales so fascinating,” Namjoon continues, and the professor is pleased with the boy for volunteering.

 

“Mr. Kim, I must say I am very impressed, scales are one of my favorites. Mr. Min, you should thank your friend, he just saved you. Alright Namjoon-sshi, continue,” Professor Soo nods at the blonde.

 

Namjoon starts reading, and Yoongi finds himself adding a third reason to his list, the sound of Namjoon’s deep baritone voice.

 

At the end of class, Yoongi tries to leave before any interaction with Namjoon can occur, the redhead needs to get his emotions in check before spending any time in the younger man’s presence.

 

“Yoongi, wait up,” Namjoon’s voice has Yoongi staying in place.

 

“What’s up?” Yoongi asks the blonde, trying to keep his voice and his emotions under control.

 

“Nothing, just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out," Namjoon looks around, before leaning in and saying, “Alone—I mean, some place we can be alone.”

 

Namjoon’s breath is hitting Yoongi neck, and seriously, the need to touch the younger man is quickly becoming a losing battle.

 

“Namjoon,” Yoongi’s voice hitches.

 

Yoongi's words are slipping away; he feels excitement and warmth stirring in his core, and it is too much to handle. Yes, he wants to be alone with Namjoon, but their relationship is new, and Yoongi is afraid of them going too far. His self-control has taken a vacation, and any alone time with Namjoon will lead to much more than Yoongi thinks they’re ready for. 

 

Apart from admitting their feelings to each other, they have not talked. They haven't laid down any parameters for their relationship, and Yoongi thinks they should at least know what they are before they do anything they can't take back.

 

“I-I, don’t think we should be alone,” Yoongi blurts out.

 

“Why?” Namjo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter