Complicted

Play That Tune (I'll Be Your Music)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Complicated by Avril Lavigne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6PfrFoa30U

 

Yoongi is twenty-one when their relationship changes, more appropriately, he is twenty-one when he changes the way he addresses their relationship. He had thought he was being subtle that is until the day Namjoon finally blew up.

“What the hell is wrong?” The blonde is yelling.

Yoongi is quiet.

He doesn’t know how to respond.

He is worried.

How much can he say? Will Namjoon be offended once he learns the truth? Will the years of friendship end.

Yoongi closes his eyes the thought of living life without Namjoon by his side is terrifying, he knows he wouldn’t be able to survive.

He looks at the man again, he can see the pain in Namjoon’s eyes. It hurts to know he put it there, but he doesn’t know any other way to act.

“Hyung, it been three weeks. What the hell did I do? You won’t answer texts or return calls.” Namjoon is frantic. “You treat me one way in public and act like I don’t exist when no one is looking. I am f**king sick of it. So tell me right now, what the hell is going on?” Namjoon’s words are harsh, but his voice is soft almost broken.

Yoongi is tired; it’s all gotten so complicated. He’s been pushing his feelings for his best friend down for the better part of two years now, and it hard. He can’t do it anymore. He hadn’t meant to distance himself from Namjoon; it was more an unconscious action supporting the decision he made.

 

The decision came almost six weeks ago when he walked across campus to see if Namjoon wanted to grab some lunch before their music theory class. Their shared love of music had led them to both to become music majors. He rounds the corner to the Arts Center, enters the building and walks down the hall to the practice room where he knows Namjoon will be.

Yoongi smiles just picturing the man in a corner headphones in scribbling lyrics in his notebook. However, what Yoongi sees when he walks through the door is nothing like what he had visualized in his mind.

First Namjoon was not sitting in the corner, nor was he alone, and he most definitely was not writing.

Yoongi stands shocked for a moment, rubbing his eyes hoping the image would disappear, but it didn’t. Namjoon was sitting in a chair with Hara straddling his legs, and the two were engaging in a very heated make-out session.

That was the day he made a choice, a choice to let go of his feelings. Because he can’t continue with the man always around, close enough to touch but completely out of reach. He hadn’t meant his actions to be noticeable. To be honest, he didn’t think the younger man would notice it.

But the hurt look on Namjoon’s face tells Yoongi he was wrong, very wrong.

He sighs, might as well just cut the chord. Why prolong the inevitable, he can’t keep avoiding the boy, but he can’t go back to the way things were. The tears threatened to fall when he realizes what the only solution is.

“I’m tired Joonie, just tired, it’s all gotten so complicated.” Yoongi had meant to say something else, but the truth always seems to slip out of his mouth when he is around Namjoon. He finds it hard to lie to him.

“What do you mean tired, f**k this is not lyrics to a song hyung. Stop talking in metaphor and tell me what you mean. I just want to know how to fix this.” The man’s eyes are pleading. “I can’t keep not being around you hyung, it’s killing me. Tell how to uncomplicate things,” Namjoon pleads.

“You confuse me so much Namjoon. My emotions, you confuse them. I don’t think we can uncomplicate us.” Yoongi sighs and runs his hand thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter