Butterflies

Play That Tune (I'll Be Your Music)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qqghzKAMM

 

Yoongi is beginning to believe he might be allergic to Namjoon. Because every time the man is within two feet of him his stomach does flip flops, and his palms begin to sweat. It makes no sense this reaction, he's known the boy since he was four. They have seen each other , taken baths together and slept in the same bed, and Yoongi had gone through all those scenarios with no problem.

Right now sitting in the train on the way to a Tiger JK concert (Suga's older brother had given them tickets). The blonde's head resting on his shoulder after passing out cold Yoongi feels a flutter in his stomach. The kid can't stay awake in cars, trains, or buses to save his life. Namjoon's shallow content breathing has Yoongi fighting the urge to run his fingers through the man's hair.

He wants to touch him so badly and not in a "best friend" kind of way.

The voice over the loudspeaker announces that their stop is next, and Yoongi sighs in relief because Namjoon awake is somewhat easier to handle, emotionally speaking.

"Joonie," Yoongi finally touches the man. "It's time to wake up."

Namjoon stretches his hands out and pops an eye open.

"Already?" His voice is sleep drenched and groggy, and Yoongi's heart beats faster at the sound.

"Nae, wake up. Dude, what would happen to you if I weren't on this train with you?"

"I guess I'd end up somewhere other than my destination. Luckily for me you'll always be there, huh hyung." Namjoon says playfully as he sits up. 

Yoongi can feel the heat rush to his face, and he wonders if his heartbeat is audible too because currently it is all he hears.

"Hyung you okay?" Namjoon asks in concern, "Your face is really red. Do you have a fever?" The blonde moves forward to touch the older boy's forehead, but Yoongi blocks the contact.

"Yah, you've been laying on my shoulder for this entire ride, of course, I am hot. Body heat dude, didn't you pay attention in biology?" Yoongi tries to brush off his actions.

Namjoon pouts a bit, and yeah Yoongi would be lying if he said he didn't find it adorable.

"Sorry, hyung," the blonde apologizes. "I really do try to stay awake, but the ride is so soothing, and your shoulder is so comfy. It's so hard to not fall asleep," The boy explains.

"It's fine." Yoongi does not want to continue this conversation for fear that he will end up confessing how much he loved having he boy resting against him. "The next stop is ours," he says nonchalantly changing the topic. 

'I am so freaking excited," Namjoon's tone reflects his giddiness. "Hyung what's your favorite MFBTY song?"

The older boy thinks about the question, "I think Get It In, but mostly because that MV was so original. That whole Kill Bill vibe fits the song really well."

"Yeah, I like that music video too. You know what I like best about music? It's the fact that there is a song that is right for every mood. No matter what you feel there is a song that can help you express it, help you walk through it, you know?" It's not really a question. "That's why I always have this," the boy pulls out his mp3 player.

Yoongi smiles, that tiny device has seen him through a lot of happy and sad times, with Namjoon providing the right soundtrack for every situation. He wonders what song the boy would play if Yoongi told him of his current plight.

"What's your favorite song?" Yoongi asks the boy even though he already knew the answer.

Namjoon smiles, "True Romance, come on hyung you knew that. A song about music being your first love, how could it not be my favorite?" Namjoon smiles his dimpled smile and Yoongi grins.

Another trait of Namjoon's that made Yoongi's heart flutter was the boy's sincerity. When the man talks about music, it reminds Yoongi of the thing that binds them closer than bloo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter