I'll Always be Waiting At The End Of This Road

Play That Tune (I'll Be Your Music)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Loveholics - Bless You

https://soundcloud.com/glacierkn/05-bless-you-loveholic-que-sera-sera-ost

 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Yoongi is sixteen when life changes. His mom had been his rock, the one stable anchor in the storm that was his father's anger and his brother's absence. He can't believe she is gone, he stands staring at the tomb willing this moment to be a dream. A nightmare that he will awaken from, to find the petite woman standing in the kitchen, wooden spoon in hand threatening his life if he sneaks any more kimchi stew. 

"You okay?" Namjoon's voice breaks him from his dream reminding him that this is all real, very real.

He turns to his friend, eyes fighting tears. He doesn't need to say a word.

"No, no you're not," Namjoon sighs as he pulls his best friend into his arms.

And for the first since the diagnosis Yoongi cries.

He didn't cry when he was told that his mother had and inoperable tumor.

He didn't cry when she lost weight and became a shell of her former self, through three rounds of intense chemotherapy.

He didn't cry when the treatment took her hair, nor did he cry the night she almost died in her sleep because she stopped breathing.

But now, now wrapped in the arms of the person that was as close to him as his own skin Yoongi cries.

His heart aches and his brain is tired and he wonders if he will survive life from this point. He wonders if the sun will shine from this moment on, or if he is doomed to live forever under a dark rain cloud.

He cries because he will be alone from now on with no one on his side.

He cries because he wishes he had been a better son, wishes he had spent more time with her. Wishes he had taken the time to know her as more than a mother.

Namjoon hushes him and whispers in his ears, the younger boy pats his back and reminds that he is not alone.

"Yoong-ah, we'll get through this I promise. I will be here, right next to you. So cry as much as you want, and get mad if you need to. I will protect."

And Yoongi cries harder, gripping at the back of Namjoon's shirt.

Namjoon wraps his arms tighter around his friend, his body absorbing each harsh sob. His shirt is drenched with Yoongi tears. He hurts because Yoongi hurts and with all his heart Namjoon wishes he could take this pain away.

He loved Yoongi's mom, if not for her Namjoon would never have been blessed with a friendship that meant more to him than his life. If not for her he would not have understood the beauty of love that stemmed from something greater than attraction, love that had no boundaries or conditions. 

He missed her too, her quick sense of humor. He missed the way her eyes would crinkle into a knowing smile when she was about to trick (or force) Yoongi into doing something that he needed to do but didn't want to do. 

But most of all he would miss the way she supported Yoongi's love of music. He'd miss her standing over the stove softly singing her favorite tunes.

That when it hits him, what Yoongi needed.

He let one arm fall to his pocket as he fishes through for his mp3 player. He grips the now whimpering boy tighter with the other hand. He attempts with some difficulty to scroll through the song list.

He finds the song he was looking for.

"Yoongi-ah, listen." he says softly as he plugs one ear bud into Yoongi's ear and the other in his own.

He hits play.

They listen in silence letting the words wash over them.

Both are remembering the woman who would hum the tune as she chopped the vegetables for dinner.

They reach the portion of the song that was her favorite the part where she would stop humming and start singing.

"Out of breath I'll rest now

And cry with pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter