Uninvited Guests

Until the End

Strong winds welcomed him as he opened the window. He can feel the cold breeze from the sea that made him shuddered. Instantly, it started to rain. He watched every single drop of rain fall into his window.

“Master Kim, your breakfast is ready” said one of the maids.

“I’ll be right there.” The so called Master Kim said and smiled.

After the maid leaved, he sighed. Kim Sunggyu is a son of a very important political figure. He’s rich, handsome and of course, perfect. No other words can describe him. Girls and boys swoon on him but as he always says “I’m not interested.”  Maybe, just maybe, he’s looking for someone that will love him not because he’s rich or handsome but because he’s well… him.

Actually, he hated being the son of a politician. He didn’t have an exciting life; his whole life revolved around going to promotions and balls and looking as perfect as always. It was a tedious way of life, behind all the glamour he was forced to portray.

Suddenly, he heard loud, agonizing screams coming from downstairs. He was about to open the door when his maid, Kelly burst in.

“P-pirates!” She heaved, struggling to catch her breath.

“What?! What do you mean by pirates?” Sunggyu said, shocked.

“They… They are here. You better hide, Master Kim.” She then pulled Sunggyu out of his room and went downstairs, looking for something

“W-what are you l-looking for?” Sunggyu tried his best to not stutter but fear is slowly getting on him.

“A place for you to hide.” Kelly said, surprisingly calm. The woman who is scared earlier is now ready for anything that might happen to them. “I dedicated my life in taking care of you and you won’t die on my watch, understand?” Kelly added.

Sunggyu can only nod his head. He was really scared and he thinks that he might burst into tears if he said something. After composing his self, they started to run around the mansion. When Sunggyu saw what’s happening outside, his eyes went wide. One by one the houses burst into flames. He had never witnessed this sort of thing in fairly short life span. He stood there paralyzed.

He didn’t realize that they were running around for a good 30 minutes, looking for a place to hide. The mansion is really big but there are not much places that are good for hiding. They find themselves in the ballroom.

“Master! Master Kim! Go! Run! Don’t let them get you!” Kelly’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts. As if in cue, the door burst open. Kelly pushed Sunggyu behind the curtain which reaches onto the floor, hiding Sunggyu completely. She didn’t have enough time to hide herself when a loud bang echoed around the room followed by a loud scream of a woman.

Sunggyu was pretty sure whoever shot Kelly is a heartless pirate. I might as well die right now or maybe not. I have a lot of dreams. I want to get married and have a lot of children. Oh gods, save my oh-so-poor soul.  Sunggyu thought.

“You’re not a pretty good hider, if you may ask. You can come out now.” Sunggyu was paralyzed by now. How can a pirate’s voice be that beautiful? Sunggyu thought.

“You and I both know that I can shot you even when you’re hiding in that hideous piece of cloth. I’ll count to three. If you don’t come out by then, I shoot you no matter who you are or what you are.” The pirate threatened.

One…

Two…

Then, the oh-so-great Kim Sunggyu came out of the glorious curtain. He was surprised to see a young man, probably younger than him standing there holding a gun.

“So you decided to come out, handsome man. What’s your name?” The young pirate demanded.

“S-sunggyu.” He tried not to stutter but failed miserably.

“Full name.”

“Kim Sunggyu.” He choked out.

“That isn’t so hard, right?”

The man pointed the gun at his face. Sunggyu froze, he’s pretty sure that guy won’t miss despite the distance. Oh gods, I don’t want to die. Please save me. He prayed silently.

“What? No last words, Sunggyu?” Sunggyu cringed. He doesn’t like the way the man mentioned his name. Sunggyu just stayed silent and prayed to the gods to spare his life.

“Oh for god’s sake! You won’t even demand parley!” The pirate said, probably frustrated or maybe, trying to get on Sunggyu’s nerves.

“I… I don’t---” Sunggyu was cut off when suddenly Woohyun grabbed him by his collar.

“You do realize I don’t want to kill you? Hmm” The pirate said, clearly irritated. His face is only a  few inches away from his face. Sunggyu realized how perfect the man is. Am I already in heaven? Because I think I’m seeing an angel. I can stare at this face for months! Sunggyu thought. And here I’m being gay for the one who will probably kill me. I’m so screwed.

“You should really stop checking me out. That’s quite rude.”