I'll Be That Somebody

Until the End

Sunggyu was able to cope up well with the pirates in just a short period of time. After a few days of staying with the pirates, they decided to throw a feast since they collected a lot of treasures from a certain island.

When he first arrived in the ship, he was stunned by the beauty of the ship and how detailed it is. He remembered the tour around the ship was full of Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s bickering but for Sunggyu, it was quite fun seeing the two trying to kill each other.

For the past few days of staying with them, Sunggyu kept on thinking of what he said to Woohyun during the raid. What is Woohyun thinking that time? Is he planning to kill him or vanish him from the face of the earth?

“Sunggyu” A voice snapped him out from his thoughts. He looked around looking for the source of the voice. His gaze fell on Woohyun who is looking at him.

“Yes?” He said unsure of why the captain called him.

“You’ll be washing the dishes after the feast.”

my whole existence! I hate washing the dishes. Sunggyu thought. “Sure.” He replied shortly, not wanting to anger the captain because gods he’s smiling right now. Sunggyu felt a tingle in his spine. Woohyun’s smile is so addictive. He never wants to miss such a beautiful scene.

At around midnight, everyone is going back to their respective rooms and Sunggyu started to wash the dishes. Even though washing the dishes meant hurting his gorgeous hands he didn’t mind it at all, he even cleaned up the table and he is probably going insane doing this because Mr. Kim Sunggyu never do chores.

“I’m so ed up.”

After washing about 100 plates and 20 glasses, Sunggyu is finally done washing and drying the dishes. Those pirates have a big appetite but why are they so skinny especially Woohyun and that Sungjong guy. Sunggyu laughed at his thoughts.

As he passed along the halls, he heard a scream coming from the captain’s room. He got worried. Thinking that the captain is in danger, he quickly knocks on the door. “Woohyun are you okay?” Sunggyu said with a hint of worry in his voice.

“G-GO AWAY!” Woohyun shouted inside the room. He was clearly crying.

Sunggyu was so worried he didn’t hear Woohyun so he just went inside the room without the captain’s permission. The state of Woohyun’s room is unexplainable. There were shattered glasses, books were scattered and the curtains and sheets were torn. The room is a mess and Woohyun is a greater mess. His eyes were bloodshot and there are traces of blood in his wrist. Is he cutting? Sunggyu asked himself.

“I S-SAID GO A-AWAY! WHY CAN’T YOU U-UNDERSTAND T-THAT!” Woohyun shouted at him and keep on punching him weakly.

After the third punch, Sunggyu stopped Woohyun from punching him for the fourth time and held his wrist. “Nam Woohyun stop this ” Sunggyu said in a monotone, clearly irritated from Woohyun’s attitude.

“I told you to go away.”

“I won’t go until you stop crying.”

“I’ll stop crying so go now.”

“Why are you crying?” Sunggyu asked, eyeing Woohyun curiously.

“None of your business.”

After the feast, Woohyun went straight to his room. He instantly fell asleep after lying down in his bed for a few minutes. He thought he’ll pass a day without a nightmare but he was wrong because after a few minutes of a dreamless sleep, he dreamed about his brother’s death. The captain was 7 years old when he saw his brother dying from blood loss in front of him. They said that he did it on purpose; stabbing himself to end his life, but Woohyun knows that his brother would never do that. They killed him; those former crew members killed his brother.

“Woohyun you’re crying again.”

“Please go away.” Woohyun begged Sunggyu.

“No. I’ll stay here until you feel better.” Sunggyu said with determination. “Sharing your problems will make it much better.”

“It never makes it better, it makes it worst.” He looked directly at Sunggyu’s eyes. “Nightmares will always hunt me until I give up on life. Sometimes I wonder if death is much better than living in this miserable place.” Woohyun said with a sigh and looked away.

“You have to fight the nightmares, Nam Woohyun. Keep on fighting and they’ll eventually give up. Don’t be the first one to give up. No matter what happens, I’m here for you.” Sunggyu heared Woohyun laughed and looked at him confused.

“I find this situation funny, we just met a few days ago and I almost killed you in the ballroom but you’re here talking to me and trying to make me feel better like you know me for years.” Woohyun admitted, wiping away his tears.

“You aren’t so scary after all.” Sunggyu said laughing. Woohyun glared at him.

“I’ll seriously kill you right now.”

“I know you won’t.” Sunggyu said.

“Maybe…” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun. “I’ll tell you my nightmare."

Woohyun told Sunggyu what was the nightmare all about. He told him that he dreamed about his brother’s death. He didn’t told the new crew member all, leaving him a bit confused but Sunggyu didn’t want to make the captain mad so he just stayed silent. Woohyun started tearing up again. Sunggyu patted Woohyun’s back and gave him water.

“You know what? You just need somebody who will always be there to help you, lessen your pain and make you happy...” Sunggyu said and looked at Woohyun who is looking at him as if he was asking him to continue. To Woohyun’s dismay, Sunggyu didn’t continue what he was going to say.

“I don’t need somebody. They’ll just leave someday.” Woohyun hissed.

“Not all people are the same, Woohyun. We are all different.”

“I still don’t need--” Woohyun was cut off when Sunggyu suddenly hugged him from the back.

“Can I be your somebody? Oh, scratch that. I’ll be that somebody.” Sunggyu whispered.

 


Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating for a long time, I hope you're still reading this. Please comment more often and thank you for reading this and patiently waiting for an update.