A Reason to Stay

Until the End

“What do you have here?” Suddenly Woohyun pushed Sunggyu away from him when he heard a voice.

“He demands parlay.” Woohyun said with a smirk. When he turned around, he saw Hoya covered in blood. “And what the hell happened to you?!” He demanded.

Hoya just stayed silent as if he didn’t heard the captain asked a question. How dare you avoid my question? Woohyun thought. Hoya must have felt Woohyun’s dark aura and quickly answered his question. “The guy I killed fought with me, that’s why I’m covered in blood.” He said.

Woohyun choose to ignore Hoya’s answer because he was kind of pissed off and he’s tired. He set his eyes back on the handsome guy. Gosh he’s really handsome but not my type. Woohyun thought. ! Nam Woohyun stop staring.

Suddenly, he heard a cough from the guy from his thoughts. He looked at Sunggyu and raised an eyebrow. “What?” He asked. “A-about the parlay…” Sunggyu said, carefully choosing the words from his oh-so-not-good-vocabulary to not irritate the pirate. “What about it?” The captain looked directly in Sunggyu’s eyes. “Ah! What are your conditions?” Woohyun said before Sunggyu can answer and mentally facepalming his self for his stupidity.

“I-I want to s-see the c-captain.” Sunggyu replied. He flinched when he heard the guy who is covered in blood laugh.

Hoya look directly into Sunggyu’s eyes like he was ripping his soul out and Sunggyu can’t deny that he is really scared right now. “You know what’s funny? The guy who is talking to you before I came in is the captain. I’ll be quite surprise that there is no hole in your head if you didn’t demand parlay.” Hoya said coldly.

“Nam Woohyun, Captain of Infinite.” The captain said with a smirk. “And it’s really nice to meet you, Kim Sunggyu.”

Sunggyu was surprise to hear the name of the crew, Infinite. There were stories he heard about Infinite. Old people around Diamond said that this crew was ruled by a wicked captain who is really heartless and would do anything to get what he wants. They said that the captain died years ago and the ship sunk. After that, he never heard of the crew again.

“WHAT?!” Sunggyu said wide eyed.

Woohyun suddenly pointed the gun in Sunggyu’s face. Sunggyu tensed up, he hated being on a gun point. “Let me introduce to you Rule No.1, Kim Sunggyu. Don’t ever shout at me or the bullet will go straight to your head.” Woohyun said and fired the gun inches away from Sunggyu’s face.

“If you have a question just go to Dongwoo, he’ll probably entertain it. Got it?”

“Y-yes.” Sunggyu said stuttering. Being on a gun point and then, hearing a gun shot are probably the worst things that happened to Sunggyu. But he tried his best to answer because maybe, just maybe Rule No.2 is always respond to the captain’s question. And if he didn’t answer, he might be on a gun point again.

“We should get back on the ship, Woohyun.” Hoya, who was clearly forgotten a moment ago, said. “Dongwoo is being a whinny so I have to cook dinner and I haven't started yet” Hoya reasoned.

Woohyun looked at Hoya with an are-you-kidding-me-look. “Seriously?” Hoya nodded in respond. “Go call Myungsoo and Sungyeol to show this guy around the ship.” The captain commanded. Hoya saluted and leaved the ballroom.

“You’ll stay with us for two years and then, you can leave.” Woohyun said.

Sunggyu thought he would stay with the crew until he dies but he was quite surprise that he will only stay for two years. To be honest, he wanted to stay longer with them even though those pirates are heartless and cold and the captain is quite sassy and a . He can’t really understand his self; the only thing he knows is that two years is just a short time.

“Don’t worry two years will pass by quickly.” The captain said like he was cheering Sunggyu up but Sunggyu just got more upset.

“Two years is so short.” Sunggyu was surprise that he didn’t stutter. “I want to stay longer. Call me an idiot or anything but I want to stay with you and your crew longer than that.” Sunggyu continued.

Woohyun was taken back by Sunggyu’s statement. He didn’t know Sunggyu would want to stay longer, he thought the guy would have a mental breakdown and end his life or whatsoever. No one in this world would want to join a crew full of heartless pirates, well… except Kim Sunggyu.

“Why?” Woohyun asked curiously.

“I… uhmm… Actually I---”

“You know what? Forget that I asked that stupid question.”

“But---”

Sunggyu was cut off by a loud crash.

“KIM MYUNGSOO I’LL KILL YOU, YOU ING BASTARD.” Sungyeol shrieked.

Here they go again. Woohyun thought.

“CHODING DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO COOK!” Myungsoo laughed maniacally.

Woohyun just want to kick those two. Both of them are so stupid. Man, I shouldn’t have called them in the first place. The captain thought.

“ PLEASE EVEN THOUGH I CAN’T COOK I’M MORE FAB THAN YOU.”

“WHO EVER SAID THAT IS A FREAKING IDIOT.”

“AND LOOK WHO’S TALKING KIM F---”

“SHUT UP! I called you because I need you two to tour Kim Sunggyu around the ship, not to hear you bickering.” Woohyun interrupted.

“I’m sorry.” The duo said in unison. They went to Sunggyu and introduce themselves and drag him along with them.

“Wait!” Sunggyu said stopping the two from dragging him when they were a meter away from the ballroom. “I’ll be right back.”

Sunggyu run back to the room and approached Woohyun. He held Woohyun shoulders and look directly in his eyes.

“I-I just want to tell you the reason why I wanted to stay longer than two years.” Sunggyu waited for Woohyun’s reaction but he didn’t get anything that would cause Sunggyu’s body being disposed after this so he continued. “To be honest, I really don’t know why I wanted to stay for so long but I think, the reason is that I wanted to be with you. I know this doesn’t make sense but my heart keeps telling me that I needed to be with you, until the end. It’s okay if you don’t understand my intentions because I don’t understand myself either. I’m telling you this, just in case…” Woohyun looked at him urging him to continue.

“Just in case you want to throw me out in the sea after a few days or kill me while I’m sleeping.”

He then, let go of Woohyun and run back to Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Sunggyu didn’t see a small smile creeping up on Woohyun’s lips.

 


 

Author’s Note:

Sorry for not updating for so long. Chapter 2 was edited and became longer. Please do comment, don’t be a silent reader.