Meet the Crew

Until the End

"All hail the gret waves

We are on our way

To the land of riches

And steal their gold”

 

The captain sang to himself, as they come near the Diamond Port. It would be the third time his crew docked in this port. He was raised to steal, pillage and murder. He didn’t mind any of this. It’s like he was born to be one. At a very young age, he became the captain of a well-known group of pirates, Infinite.

 

“Leave no survivors behind

Kill them all

Make them beg

Shame on them”

 

He didn’t really know the rules of being a pirate but despite that, he was able to conquer some land and became well-known. Nam Woohyun is a polite yet cunning man, he can’t be easily outsmarted.

Well, he got nothing to lose. No family. No true friends. He only have this crew he trusted his life with. When he was still a child, he lost his father. He can’t really remember the details but they told him he was hung. Woohyun didn’t even ask for the reason; he knew that his father is very dangerous and killed so many people in his lifetime. The man who was once feared became a helpless drunk man and was hung for his crimes, Woohyun laughed at his father.

About his mother, they told him that she died when she was giving birth to Woohyun. And maybe, that’s the reason why his father hated him. Some members of the crew told him that he resembles his mother. The same black hair, the dark brown eyes that sparkle like the stars at night and their smiles that sent shivers up the bravest man’s spine.

Lee Jungyeop, the man who took care of him like he was his own son told him that he doesn’t need to be depressed of not being able to see his mother. Jungyeop said his name was Lea. She was born in France and went to Korea, hoping for a normal life but fell in love with a pirate instead. Woohyun wants to experience that, being in love and being loved. Being with someone who really cares for him. He was about daydream again when his thoughts were interrupted by a loud BANG!

“LEE SUNGEYOL YOU’RE SO STUPID! LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE I’M ALL WET!” Myungsoo shouted. He was clearly pissed off.

“I DIDN’T MEAN IT! WHY DO YOU NEED TO FREAKING SHOUT AT ME KIM ING MYUNGSOO?” Sungyeol shouted back and walk out.

“GO FLUSH YA FACE IN THE TOILET YA LOSER!” Myungsoo throws the bucket at Sungyeol and sadly, he missed Sungyeol head hitting the window instead.

“Go clean it up, Kim Myungsoo.” Woohyun said and glared at Myungsoo.

“Y-yes c-captain!” Myungsoo saluted and proceed on cleaning up the mess he made. “Stupid Lee Sungyeol. This is all your fault. Urggh!” Myungsoo muttered under his breath.

Gosh these people are impossible! Well at least they give me daily entertainment. Woohyuun thought.

A day will never be complete without Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo fighting about something. This became a daily routine for them. Heck, it would be a miracle if they didn’t fight. Sungyeol might be older than Myungsoo but Myungsoo is more mature than him and only god knows why. Sungyeol is an orphan just like Woohyun, no family but at least Woohyun had a chance to see his father while Sungyeol is abandoned as a child. Woohyun’s father spared him and made him serve the crew for the rest of his life.

As for Myungsoo, Woohyun doesn’t know much about this guy. He’s really cold hearted. He remembered the time Myungsoo ruthlessly killed all those people. Myungsoo doesn’t seem to care about anything except when the crew is in danger. Apart from that, he doesn’t talk much.

“Ayoo! Captain Ooohyun! We are about to reaaaach thy poooort.” One of the crew members said.

“I’ll be right there.” Woohyun told him. He went downstairs and looked at the view of the port.

“Aye, boy, you aren’t lookin’ too well” Dongwoo called. He must’ve noticed the gloomy look on Woohyun’s face.

“I’m alright. I guess I’m just a little tired.” Woohyun said and smiled at Dongwoo. Dongwoo just nodded at him and went back to his position.

He should definitely stop using that kind of language. It’s really awful! Woohyun thought. I mean why do they talk like that! I need to stop forgetting to tell them that.

 “LAND HO!” Sungjong shouted as they begin to lower the anchors down and the rest ran to the sides, looking towards the port known for its riches. Lee Sungjong was found by Woohyun’s crew in a deserted island. Woohyun took pity on him and added him to the crew. He is the same age as Woohyun and dedicated his life in protecting him.

A smile formed on the captain’s lips, as the land came to view. As they walked down the ship, he remembered what his father always told him.

“Nam Woohyun, you better not leave any survivors behind.”