The Boss

Freefall

The HQ lounge of the mafia clan Superbia was busier than usual. They were recruiting new members due to the fact that they had just suffered a great loss when Tiger planted a bomb inside their base in Daejeon. Add to the fact that, that peculiar base was filled with illegal arms and explosives causing the explosion to be much greater than expected. It was hard covering up that act and calming the media down, but Lee Junho had a lot of connections and the explosion was just dismissed as an accident.

Because of that, they lost most of their men. They sent out an announcement saying saying they were recruiting new members. Of course this was done secretly because they can't alert the authorities now that the war had just started with Tiger. A lot of people was willing to be a part of one of the most powerful clans in Korea and be a *made man, but there was a risk of being killed on your first day on the job.

Everyone was busy talking to each other saying how excited or nervous they were to be there. Some of them made friends, some of them already started hating each other.

But the building fell silent when the huge doors of HQ suddenly opened and revealed three very late girls. The announcement signified that they were to arrive at HQ at exactly 9 in the morning. If you arrived even just a minute late, you can no longer enter the premises. But these three girls seemed to have a broken clock. According to the wall clock hanging by a wall, it was already 10 AM. So why the nerve to arrive one hour late?

They casually strode across the lobby with one particular girl leading the other two. Her hair was light brown and wavy and fell right down to her waist. The look on her face was fierce accentuating her black jacket with golden strings. The girl on her right side was quite tall and lean. She was also wearing a black jacket, but there were a few emblems on them. The smug expression on her face intimidated the whole of the lobby and that was exactly what she wanted. The last girl was a little too sweet to actually decide to take on such a dangerous job. She had an inviting smile on and the white shirt and black scarf she wore just made her look more innocent.

The boys didn't approach them thinking that they were just some girls who didn't have what it takes to be a part of this whole clan. But some girls? Well...

"Are you lost kittens?" A girl from the crowd asked when the three walked pass them.

They stopped walking and turned around to face the girl. A nearby witness noticed that one of the men in black suit standing right beside the door that led to the main hallway had attempted to intervene, but his partner put a hand on his chest and told him to just stand by. If seen past through the dark sunglasses you'd see that his eyes were twitching nevously, but had kept a calm composure.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" The girl added when she heard no response from either of them.

The girl in the middle analyzed her from head-to-toe and noted that she was wearing such a skimpy ensemble. What with her really short shorts and tight fitting white tank top.

"I think you're the one that's lost. The motel is right across the street." She smirked and placed two of her hands on her waist. "Or are you gonna apply to be a e under Superbia? Is that it?"

The girl gritted her teeth and narrowed her eyes at the girl. "I'm here to fight for "the" boss. Not to play with little kittens like yourself." She hissed with clenched fists. One of her friends stepped in and placed a hand on her friend's shoulder to try and calm her down.

"You don't want to mess with us girlies. You're just fighting fire with fire. You'll only get burned." She warned making the tall girl snicker and the one in the middle to smirk.

"What do you think Hyoyeon?" The girl asked towards her smirking friend.

"I think use water to put the fire out Sooyoung." Hyoyeon replied, now interested in the things happening in front of her. "Or should we use a fan to enrage the fire even more? That would be much more fun. How about you So Eun? What do you think should we do?"

The third girl, whose name seemed to be So Eun, smiled. "I think, use the fan Hyoyeon." She replied.

The two girls looked like they wanted to kill the three in front of them. "Can you take a blow? Because I hope you can!" And with that a fist sliced the air and covered the distance between Hyoyeon and the girl. But instead of landing in Hyoyeon's well defined face, it had crashed right into So Eun's open palm.

Everyone in the room gasped. How did she get from her position to right in front of Hyoyeon? The two guards smirked and thought of the trouble the two applicants got into.

"You should never have done that." So Eun said her face hard and her voice icy. She closed in her fingers on the girl's fist and pulled her towards her to give her a firm jab on the gut. The girl coughed out a few blood from due to the sting and pain that the punch inflicted. She threw her away like she was some useless rag doll and the girl tried her best to stand up, but failed and fell back on the floor.

The skimpy-outfitted-girl stared at her injured friend trying her best to stand on the floor. She snapped her head to So Eun and swung her right hand to her, but she caught it with ease. "Too slow..." So Eun muttered and twisted the girl's wrist making her writhed with pain.

She pushed her away from them and Hyoyeon approached the poor girl who was rubbing her throbbing wrist. "So Eun just sprained your hand. Nothing a little ice won't cure. But you won't be able to use your hand for a while."  She said.

"Next time, pick the people you mess with carefully. You got that?" Sooyoung adviced.

And with that the three turned around to walk towards the double doors that led to the main hallway that would most probably lead them to the main office.

Everyone let out a small gasp escape their lips and the two girls that crossed the three had their eyes widen with shock.

The two men beside the door just bowed to Hyoyeon and the other two after opening the door to let them pass by. Sooyoung turned to tone of them and said, "Inform Junho that we have arrived."

"Affirmative." He replied and contacted the main office with the radio strapped around his neck.

The other guard turned to the awestruck crowd and smirked. "You don't know? Those were the female Big Three. Kim So Eun, the female brawns; Choi Sooyoung, the female brains; and Kim Hyoyeon, the female boss." He informed making the crowd even more shocked and the two girls nervous as hell. They just insulted their supposed boss? That was not good for them at all.

"You're lucky they were in a good mood this morning. Especially miss Sooyoung. You don't know what she can do to you when you piss her off." The other man added.

"Let's just say she can make you loose everything from your job... to your family."

The two of them laughed at the scared faces of the applicants. First day here, and they're already cowering with fear.


"And So Eun broke one of applicants wrist." Junho remarked when the three of them entered the main office. The room was simple. Just a really long table with 20 chairs to occupy 20 members including the two big bosses of the group. Aside from the painting of a pleasant meadow placed above Junho's head, there weren't anymore decorations up. Not even a window with a view of the whole city.

"It was a minor sprain. She could still be of use when it gets better." Hyoyeon replied and took her place the the other end of the table. Sooyoung and So Eun took the seats at either of her side.

Junho analyzed her partner thoroughly. "Must you wear that navy uniform?" He mocked.

Hyoyeon shot him a glare. "I was wearing a different outfit earlier today, but changed. AT least I'm not the one wearing a clip-on-tie." She retorted shutting Junho up.

"Going overboard again So Eun?" Kim Bum joked stirring Junho and Hyoyeon away from a possible arguement.

"I was not! She was gonna punch Hyoyeon!" She replied in a childish tone making you forget that she was as dangerous as Kim Sang Beom.

The six individuals laughed. But no sooner they started laughing, no sooner it died down and the attmosphere around them became serious.

"Let's get on to business." TOP suggested and slid a folder across the table right on towards Sooyoung.

She picked up the folder and studied its contents thoroughly. "You found the weapons base of Tiger." She stated in a tone of endearment. She closed the folder carfeully and gave it Hyoyeon to study.

"So what's our next move?" Hyoyeon asked casually as she too studied the information.

"We take back what's rightfully ours." Junho said in his "commanding" tone. 

All of them nodded in agreement. It was only fair that they take away some of the weapons Tiger was smuggling to Afghanistan. After all, they did plant a bomb on one of their bases. It was an act to make thing even.

Junho stood from his seat. "For now let us meet the new recruits in the basement."

Everyone followed and stood from their seat as well. They all left the room together and went to the basement where all the new recruits were led to accept them into Superbia. All the people in the lobby were now arranged into two file. The first line were girls and the second line were boys. Junho walked in front of the boys' line and Hyoyeon walked in front of the girls' line.

While the two analyzed the possible recruits. So Eun waved a hand to the girl she punched and the girl whom she broke the wrist.

They were hanging their head low knowing that the girls they crossed were actually the female Big Three of the clan they wanted to join.

Kim Bum saw the girls that So Eun waved at and laughed. "Are those them?" He asked pointing to the two girls standing shamefully at the end of the line.

"mm-hhmm" She replied.

"Who are you looking at?" TOP intervened and tried to search for the people who caught the two fighters' eyes.

"Just some girls who decided to mess with us earlier today." Sooyung answered and guided TOP's head towards the two girls.

"The one wearing shorts is attractive.Applying for ion?" He remarked in a very serious tone.

"That one? So Eun broke sprained her wrist. I think she wants to be *capo." Sooyoung answered with her arms crossed across her chest.

"A capo? You're kidding right?" TOP and Kim Bum laughed at the question and turned to Sooyoung only to see that she was actually dead serious. "Huh... but ion fits her well though." He added and turned his attention back to the two girls.

"Well they just met death face-to-face when they took in this job." Kim Bum stated.

"We were willing to risk it. And I'm sure they have their reasons." So Eun answered.

The three nodded their heads in agreement and proceeded to watch the two boss analyze the recruits.

When Hyoyeon reached the end of the line, she faced the two girls with a smug look on her face. "How's your wrist?" She asked but recieved no response. She placed a hand on her waist. "That's wierd. Earlier today you were a bit talkative. What's wrong now? Cat got your tongue?"

"We..." The girls started in unison. "We're really for the things we said earlier today ma'am. We wronged you and it would never happen again." The one who had a broken wrist continued.

"It better not. Or else, you'll recieve more than a blow in the stomache and a broken wrist." She warned in a venomous voice and whirled on her heels to join Junho in the front.

"By joining this group requires skill, courage and loyalty. Skill, to do the things that are assigned to you, courage to stare death right in the eyes and loyalty towards your boss. You are a part of this family now and once you're in, you can never get out. You will abide by the *Omerta and swear that you will keep every single secret of this group even if you must die." Junho's tone was firm and hard. "Any questions?"

A hand from the group of men rose up.

"Yes what is it?" Junho pointed to the guy in question.

"What did you mean by, keeping the secret even if we must die?" He asked in a straight voice.

Junho smirked. "Let me give you a demo." He said and his heels. "TOP, Kim Bum."

The two men took a step forward and replaced Junho's spot. TOP was the one to speak first.

"Here's the first secret I'll tell you." He started. "Superbia is actually composed of 10 branches spread across South Korea. 4 of which is the main *families. As you all know a base of Superbia in Daejeon was bombed by Tiger. An enemy of Superbia. It was run by the Dong-gu family and fortunately, some of you will replace the men they had lost. The 4 main families are, Suseong-gu family in Daegu; Seo-gu family in Incheon; Jung-gu family in Busan and of course our family the Eunpyeong family of Seoul." He explained in details.

"TOP here had just revealed to you the four main branches of Superbia. That' already a big secret itself." Kim Bum added and took out a silver dagger right out out of his pocket shirt. "And this is what Junho meant when he said, keeping the secret even if you must die." And witht that said, the dagger flew right out from Kim Bum's palms and into the chest of a guy standing in the line who, unfortunately, was just right in front of the male brawns.

The guy fell to the floor already dead. The other men and women tensed in their places.

"Does that answer your question?" Junho asked the man who asked the question.

He nodded his head frantically and turned to the dead body on the floor.

"Was he your friend?" Junho asked him. He shook his head no. "Is he anybody's friend?" He shouted through the whoole room. No answer. "I'll take that as a no. Goog. In here, you feel no mercy and no pity. It's a battle for money and power. So you either kill or be killed." He told them and his face broke out into a smile. "Oh and welcome aboard Superbia."

With that final say he started to leave. "Have someone collect the body on the floor." He instructed one of the men standing around. "Let's go TOP. We have an infiltration and roberry to plan."

TOP nodded his head and followed Junho out.

Kim Bum bent down and took his dagger from the guy's chest and wiped the blood with his coat.

"He was unfortunate." So Eun remarked and looked down at the body.

"He had it comming." He remarked in a rather cold tone and left leaving the female big three alone with the recruits.

Hyoyeon faced them. "Someone will come by later to give you a copy of the mark of loyalty. You will imprint them anywhere on your body by any means neccessary, whether you scar it or tattoo it." She instructed and motioned for Sooyoung to step forward. "It looks something like this." She grabbed the sleeves of Sooyoung's jacket and pulled it down to reveal the Superbia symbol tattoed on her left shoulder.

The recruits nodded their heads.

With that final instruction coveres, the female big three also left.


Facts and Trivia:

*made-man - this is a man who has been officially inducted into a Mafia family.

*capo - the capo is like a lieutenant who serves the boss or in other words, a fighter.

*Omerta - it is the mafia code of silence.

*families - Each individual gang within the Mafia is known as a family. Not everyone within a family is actually related to one and other, although it is common for relatives of mobsters to be inducted into the same family as their brothers or fathers.

A whole mafia is actually composed of other branches as well. But usually there are main branches that ran the other branches and the boss branch, where the big man is in. They are called family's even if they are not exactly related. And the branch of the family's are named after the place where their base is located hence the name of the districts as the name of the family's like Suseong-gu family in Daego. Suseong-gu is actually a district in the city of Daego in South Korea.

Author's note:

Yey! Chapter 1 is finally up! I hope you guys liked it so far... oh and by the way, I still don't have a pair for Sooyoung so if it's not any trouble, can you guys suggest who to pair her up with? I wanted to go for Key, but I also wanted to know your opinions.

Anyways, Subscribe and comment! xP