Chapter 8

Save Him If You Dare (JunHyung's version)

   I walked through he dark alley. Where's YoSeob? I couldn't find him anywhere. Should i leave?

   'No, he's your bestfriend! You can't leave him alone!' his innerself said.

   'You should just leave, it's his fault for bring so stupid!' another side of him whispered.

   'Go and find him!'

   'No, leave and save yourself!' JunHyung kept fighting with his innerself. He kept walking through the alley. When, he reached the end of the alley, his eyes stopped at the school bulletin board. An interesting headline made his feet moved closer to the board.

 

TWO CUBE HIGH STUDENTS WERE KILLED DUE TO REVENGE

   Cube High, Seoul - Yong JunHyung, 16, was found as dead as a doornail in Cube High music room. Jeong Ki Seok, 17, also known as Simon D was also found on his last legs near to JunHyung's lifeless body. He was immediately taken to the nearest hospital. Two days later, his condition got worst and he died the next morning. Their families admited that they were enemies a long time ago but they already forgive and forget.

   Some investigations proved that KiSeok murdered JunHyung due to revenge. The two participate the Grand Music Competition last month and JunHyung won the third price. KiSeok lost and couldn't continue his journey towards popularity. Because of hate, KiSeok lost his sanity tried to kill JunHyung but he accidently injured himself and brought him to death.

   "I never knew my son would do something so awful. The Jeong family wanted to apolagize to the Yong family. We hope you won't break our friendship that was about to bloom" KiSeok's father, Jeong HiJung, 47, said with tears.

 

   My knees were weak and my eyes were forming tears. So, this is the truth? No wonder the other BEAST members never talked to me after that bloody incident. I were never really there. But i saw KiSeok's body. I was still alive when he was taken to the hospital. I was still there! How is this happening? I-I'm dead?

   No, it can't be.. Tell me this is not true.. It can't be! I'm dreaming right? Come on, wake up!! This is just a nightmare! Wake up, JunHyung! Wake up!!

   I slapped my face as hard as i could when i suddenly remembered something. I ran towards the toilet. No! I couldn't find HyunSeung anywhere. HyunSeung's dead body was supposed to be right here!

   After that, i rushed towards the staircase. No lifeless GiKwang nor died DongWoon. This is just a dream! This is not making any sense. What is all this?!

   No, this is all just YoSeob's imagination. There was never a Midnight Killer. The BEAST members never come along with us here. It was just me and YoSeob. No, it was just YoSeob. I'm dead! I'm a ghost! I was dead since that day but i never realise it! I didn't realise that i'm dead!

   Maybe, i just couldn't bear to leave YoSeob. I was not ready to leave him and maybe he couldn't accept the fact that i'm already gone. I must make him accept the truth. He must realise that i'm not there for him. Yes, i must find YoSeob! I must save him and get him out of his own imaginations. I must! I'm sorry, Seobie, but i think it is now time for me to leave.. Goodbye, bestfriend..