Chapter 8

Be loved or Be hurt??

JoKwon

 

Time by time, day by day. It’s just passing like that. It’s been a month that we actually married, if you’re wondering, no there’s nothing special with us since the last encounter unless the fact now is we’re getting more awkward and GaIn noona keep her distance away from me even more. I’m regretting the action that I did at that time everyday. The only thing that make us still having at least one or two topic to be talked are that our parents and the schedule that we both have.

We made sure that there’s no one who found it suspicious about our fake marriage, we made sure that no one and especially our parents wonder how could a husband and wife don’t know what each other is up to, so for that sake we keep informing each other about our schedule. It’s hard and tiring for me, as we’re like two strangers when we’re at home.

Working and busying ourselves into work, especially GaIn noona, I know she’s been avoiding me. Pretending that there’s nothing happened and we’re in a cool terms but when we’re at home we’re just two strangers who’s living in totally different life. We sleep in different room, yes I bought some furnishes to fill the other rooms. But when our parents visited us, we’re using the same room. It’s worse than when we’re in WGM, at least at that time we’re close. When I was lost in my thoughts, there’s a beep sound through the microwave indicating that the heating food is done. I go to the kitchen to take the food and eat it  in kitchen counter, I remember when GaIn noona always complained about the how small kitchen and women have to look pretty when they’re cooking in the kitchen back when we’re in the early episodes of WGM.

In the middle of eating my food, I heard my phone is ringing and it’s JeA noona. I pick up the call

“Hello noona”

“Kwon, you guys already arrived at home?”

“What? Guys? I’m all alone now”

“You didn’t pick GaIn?” JeA noona sounds so worried and I already sensed something weird will happen

“No, she didn’t even text me yet. Why? What’s wrong? Am I supposed to pick her up?”

I heard JeA noona in the other line mumbled “I know you will be like that Son GaIn, aisshh that kid” , “Kwon, when we finished recording our project today, I offered GaIn to drop her but she insisted and saying that you’re gonna pick her up and she already texted you but I still suspicious with her that’s why I’m calling you and I’m right she didn’t call you” JeA noona explained it to me and I’m becoming worried, it’s already midnight and it’s raining heavily outside.

“noona, I’ll try to find her. Don’t worry okay?” I try to say everything as calm as I can though I know I can’t and then without waiting the other line’s response I hang up the phone and grab my car’s key and driving my car away.

I may be the stupidest person ever, I don’t where exactly she is right now and it might be a useless effort and I’ll only find nothing but I can’t just stay still and waiting her to come home at her will because home is not her will.

I don’t know it’s fate or what, I find her right away at the bus station, she’s drunk. Fortunately there’s no bad person there who would take an advantage of her situation right now, I’m thrilled just by thinking that. She looked so lost, drenched by the rain, no sparkled eyes that I used to see in her eyes, I approached her gently and said to her “noona, why are you here? Let’s go home”

“You?? Jo Kwon right? Yeah Jo Kwon, the fortune that I got, the super kindest man ever or a foolish? Helping me huh? Getting out of the deadlock? So kind of you Kwon or so stupid of you? Ckckck”

I ignored her blabbering and her to the car, of course with a little more effort since, she’s refused to go home. I’m broke seeing her that way, it’s like that partly it was my fault. When we arrived at home, she’s again creating a ruckus and said

“I should be thankful to you right? For helping me in a really worst situation, for being such a good husband and protecting my image, right. Hmm I don’t want to be such an ungrateful person. And I should repay to you kindness haha. Let me do it now” by that she’s smirking, I don’t know what she wanna do until I saw her stripping her clothes one by one in front of me and getting closer to me, I step back and she said “Why Kwon? Are you disgusted with me? You don’t want me? You don’t want my body? I thought this at least could repay everything that you have done to me, I thought you want this, don’t every man want this?”

“stop it noona, you’re drunk” I said to her to stop her action and stepping back again.

“it’s easier to do it when you’re drunk” she said again with a smirking face, still walk closer to me and in effort to striping her clothes, I’m getting tired, my eyes are heavy probably due to getting drenched as well by the rain and also it’s already past midnight and angry at the same time, how could a person that you know she was cheerful, chic, and have the pride that’s inside of her, now in front of him stripping her clothes and talk like that to him. I should do something to stopping her, I walk closer to her and hold her hands, stopping her hands for stripping her clothes further than that and said to her

“I don’t need this kind of repayment to repay my actions to you, if you want to showing your gratefulness towards me, stop acting all ty in front of me now and be the old GaIn that I used to know, take care of yourself well and by that time when the old of you is back. We will be divorced and I will let you go”

As soon as I said that she’s broken down, she felt on her knees sobbing so hard, I hugged her and she didn’t resist at all, after she calmed down and sleep on my shoulder, I carried her to our room and tugged her. I watched her over night, checking her temperature as well because she’s drenched wet from the rain in case she got a fever.

At least only this kind of time I can admire her and feel like she’s the old GaIn that I used to know. I caress her hair and kiss her forehead, I know I shouldn’t let myself out of control and taking advantages from her, but right now after seeing her so broken like that, I’m feeling ever more broken and need a consolation. I don’t know if that’s an excuse or whatsoever but what I know, I need a consolation for myself right now that’s why I’m letting the other side of myself, the selfish one to take a control over my sane self.

 

 

GaIn

As soon as I woke up, the pain start hitting my head from being too much drink and realize that someone’s holding my hand. I looked down to see the person and realized it’s Kwon, he sleep beside of the bed holding my hand, how pain it is later on when he wake up, by that time also I realized the things that happened last night, the guilty feeling start to creeping me out. How could I say and do something like this?

But my heart is a little bit warm by the thought, even in that condition Kwon was still being a gentleman he is, never took any advantages over me being drunk, he even stopped me for doing the ty things. I don’t know if he’s being too kind or stupid but whatever it was I’m thankful to him. I smiled and caressed his head saying muttering thank you inaudibly. I touched Kwon’s head and feel that he’s burning, he got fever. I think he got fever because of being drenched in the rain while picked me up in the bus station last night, I’m feeling panic and so guilty for making him like that. I shake his body to tell him to sleep on the bed, he stirred just a bit.

I shake him again and he opens his eyes briefly. I tell to him to sleep on the bed and he does it. When he’s on the bed, he opens his eyes again and asked me “are you okay noona?” I nod my head as a reply, even when he’s all burning he still has a time to check on my condition. I feel my eyes are getting hot but I refrain myself to let out the tears.

I already watched him for some couple hours but I’m getting worried now, the fever isn’t coming down. I called the doctor to check on his condition. The doctor come to our house and examined Kwon, he said that he’s already prescribed the medicines to make the fever down, he assures me to not overly worried as the fever will be down in some next hours, Kwon also got IV injection.

While watch over him, I think Kwon really looked like a kid but at the same time Kwon got more handsome by the time. The smile crept on my mouth with that thought. Then Kwon’s phone is buzzing by the new message arrived, I have no purpose to see his text but the sender’s name got me curious what’s the content of the message. The sender name is BangShil, the smile on my face earlier just lost and my feeling is just so heavy, who is BangShil actually?

I remember when we’re still on WGM, I was being interviewed about this BangShil woman and I said that it doesn’t matter for me and I’m not jealous at all. But now it’s all different, there is this weird feeling inside my heart, feeling like my heart sink, disappointed, and I don’t even know why.

What is this feeling, it’s so weird. I’m feeling so bothered with this BangShil woman and the new message pooped up again it looks like she doesn’t only send one message but she sends some couple messages, I got all curious but refrain myself to actually open the chat and see what she sends to Kwon. Oh gosh I’m being so bothered with her messages.

 

hi, sorry for the delay of the update^^. Thanks for everyone who's still reading this story. as usual, comments are gladly welcomed. happy reading