Hold

Kai x YOU (Masked Singers, IDOL Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  "I told myself that I would live hard and long enough just to see you smile, to see you laugh, and to make sure I do my best in protecting you. Because you're my best friend and I know you would do the same." LOCATION: EXO'S DORM   "Hello?" Jongin's voice deepened as a hundred things ran through his mind. He wondered if she felt the same way talking to him, he was feeling both flustered and nervous. He had no idea why, but his throat felt dry and his words were not coming easily to him. 
"Hello?" She finally said. "I'm sorry, but I'm the owner of the phone you're holding." Her tone was a bit accusing, and her voice was calm and composed- as if she did not care about who got her phone, she just wanted it back. 
"Ah, yes." Jongin's head blanked out for awhile and he moved around on his bed uncomfortably. "You left it by the piano when you were practicing, imagine what I thought when you suddenly disappeared." 
Her silence was suffocating and Jongin waited for her response but all he heard was her breathing. He mentally punched himself, he should not have said that- she probably hated him now. Not that it mattered though, right? 
"Yes, I left it by the piano. Would it be okay if you give it to my manager? I need it by Thursday." There she was again, she was a regulatory creature. He knew by the way her voice was clipped and she always spoke as if she was doing business. It seemed that every time he spoke to her, his pride shattered every time. 
"Before that, why did you not answer my text message?" Jongin began, opening his eyes. If she didn't know who she was talking to, she did now. To the hell with respect, if she wanted to play like this, he wouldn't allow it. It's not like he would see her face anytime soon anyway. 
"I didn't feel the need to." Her reply was cold and Jongin felt chills run up his spine. Who was she to speak that rudely? 
"Look, little girl-"
"I know you're from EXO. Maybe you think that everyone has to bow down onto you; which I, of course, disagree. I'm sorry for being rude, Kai-ssi, but I'm not an entertainer to spike up romance with another entertainer." 
"You think I texted you to spike up romance?" He asked in disbelief at this girl's bluntness. Yes, he was attracted to her, but it did not mean he wanted anything to do with her. "Look, ______-ssi-" 
"If you didn't then it must be because you're curious." He heard her pause before she continued. "But I really don't have the intention of revealing who I am yet. Now can you answer my question? Are you free on Thursday? I'll get my manager to pick up my phone." 
Jongin rubbed his head. This girl made him feel frustrated on so many different levels, he his lips and took a deep breath. He wasn't backing down. He could tell she was somewhat stubborn, but he also knew that he could be as hard headed as well. 
"I'll give it to you." He began.
"Good, I'll get my manag-"
"Not your manager, you." 

She stopped talking and he knew that she was confused. He loved her silence, it felt like he won. 
"What... Do you mean?" 
There was a hint of nervousness in her voice and he enjoyed it. The way her voice was now in ripples rather than a still lake and how her breathing now seemed irregular. They were slow as if she was scared of what he was about to say next.
"I'm giving it to you. Not your manager." 
"Look-"
"Yes, I'm curious, _______-ssi. But I don't need to see your face, maybe spend a little time with you, that's enough." 
"You're creepy." Her straightforward comment made him smile softly. He was becoming creepy, he had to admit. "You're really creepy. Do your fans know?" 
"Not my fans, but now you do. You're hiding behind a rock and here I am wanting to drag you out of it. Get out of there, why don't you?"
"Get out of my private life, why don't you?" She shot back and he could not help but chuckle. Teasing her was fun, it was even more entertaining than when he was with his group members. 
"I'll see you tomorrow night." Jongin spoke up, his eyes on his calendar. It was marked as his free day and even if he would normally go home, he would sacrifice that single day just to meet her. 
"There will be people." This time her voice shook and he bit his lip. So she hated crowds, so she hated people in general. He let out a thinking sigh.
"Today then. So today, 2 am. Is that okay with you?" He did not know what he was doing, but he did know he was free. They were free to do whatever they want when they had not schedule. 
"Don't you have a schedule?"
"If I did, do you think I would have asked you out?" 
"It's not a date." 
"Stubborn girl." He smiled, looking down to see that his hand was gripping the sheets tightly. "It's a date if I say so." 
"You said I didn't need to show my face-"
"Wear a mask." He answered smoothly. "It's dark in the theatre anyway, I wouldn't be able to tell." 
"Even if it's in the theatre, it's risky."
"Give me your other phone number. I know you have two." Actually Jongin did not know, and he was surprised at the demand that came out of his mouth. It seemed natural to him and he could sense her discomfort. Instead of feeling guilty, he ravished the way she was at that moment and it made him attracted to her even more. 
She gave him her business number and after saving it on his phone, he stopped the call by saying:
"I'll text you the place. I'll see you tonight. Have a great day, ________-ssi." 

With that, Jongin hung up with a triumphant look on his face.   
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LOCATION: YOUR BEDROOM   YOUR POV   "Hey, everything okay?" Zen asked, walking into my room just in time as Kai hung up. "You said your bank account numbers are inside, he has your phone, right?" 
I nodded intinctively, avoiding his gaze. If I had to go tonight, it would be hard answering Zen's questions. I was a great liar, I could lie through my teeth but Zen always knew when I was fibbing. I looked up to see him staring at me, concerned about my missing phone. 
"Yeah, the maid took it." 
"Great, want to go get it now? It's still afternoon, you said you need it by Thursday. That's two days from now, we have a schedule tomorrow."
"Yes- well... She said she's sick so she's home resting. She said she'll be cleaning in the morning." I lied, standing up to walk around my room so he could not detect anything. 
"What time? I'll call the driver-"
"Uh... Early morning. Like 1 am. Or 2 am. I'm not sure, I'll call her again." 
"She's cleaning the building at 2 am?" I turned just in time to see Zen raise an eyebrow with suspiciousness. I felt a lump on my throat and shrugged, standing up and walking past him. “I’ll be out in the evening and the whole night.” I told him just for him to know. I opened my closet, taking out a few clothes to iron when I felt my body get pulled backwards. I came face to face to Zen who was searching my face with worry. He gave a sigh and stepped back, shaking his head. “There you go again, you didn’t get involved in anything stupid, did you?” He crossed his arms and stared at me. I my lips. He knew how I was, this was Zen we were talking about. I flickered my eyes onto the ground, dropping my shoulders. “I got into something small.” I admitted. There was no point lying, I just didn’t need to tell him anything. Zen was staring me and I smiled at him, moving towards him to give him a big hug. “Thank you for being worried. Thank you for being here with me.”   “You know that’s what our friendship is about.” He said back, patting the back of my head. “I won’t ask what happened, but I tr
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter