Solitary Goodbye

It's Cold

Playlist for the chapter: さよならひとり (Solitary Goodbye) - Lee Taemin

*Hyemi’s pov*

 

Every part of my body felt numb, cold and somehow painful. I felt the soft breeze on me, swaying my hair on my face, as I opened my eyes on the dark scenery. The sky was misty, gloomy and strangely red. The few snowflakes were slowly falling by my sides, as I walked in the unknown open space, the whole atmosphere cold and scary, making me wonder what had happened. Step by step, I was getting closer to what seemed like a burning fire, its smoke flooding the sky. I stopped to look at it, feeling uneasy and suddenly afraid.  A few pictures came back to my mind; burned houses, people on the ground surrounded by blood and soldiers screaming at us. My ears were buzzing strongly, as I was remembering more and more the hurtful memories. I covered them with my hands and kneeled on the ground, feeling the pain spraying from my head to my entire body.

 

“There’s nothing to fear anymore.” A familiar voice echoed in my head, reliving my body from the pain.

I looked at the fire, burning vividly in front of the dark silhouette of a woman. I slowly stood up and walked carefully toward her, her features getting more and more recognisable. Her long hair falling over her shoulder, her thin body and that one purple eyes. I stopped suddenly, staring at her, as the wind brushed our hair. She was different from me, yet she was also exactly like me.

-”Who are you?” I asked, unable to understand the situation.

“Isn’t the answer obvious?” She started. “I am you.”

I glanced at her, feeling myself getting uncomfortable around here.

-”What happened?” I asked on my gard.

“You don’t have to know.” She started, slowly getting closer to me. “They won’t hurt us anymore…” she said softly, her gaze getting darker.

-”Why?” I replied, taking a step toward her.

No matter how much I looked at her, I still couldn’t believe she was me. She looked so different, as if she had a complete different personality. She was more fierce, full of secrets and full of anger. She kept shut, simply looking at me from afar.

-”Who have hurt you?.” I then tried to ask.

I saw her frown and appear in front of me in a blink of an eye. I took a step back, feeling the urge to keep a few steps between us. This whole place didn’t feel safe, neither did she.

-”The creatures.” She said, practically inaudible. “They used you, they hurt you and they manipulated you.”

I stared at her eyes, they were full of sadness and pain yet,  her purplish eye was dangerously staring at me. Just like before, shattered pieces of memories rushed in front of my eyes, as I tried to understand the meaning of them. In the blurred images, I could see the sharp teeth of a man, the blood dripping from his hand as he wiped his mouth with it, his eyes fixing me. I shivered, breathing deeply as his hand tried to reach me. I ran in the opposite direction, glancing back at the black haired man’s silhouette. Under a wolf’s growl, his body faded away. I stopped, furtively looking around me. I was going crazy. In front of me, the creatures were fighting, the blood splashing, as the beast’s teeth were going deeper in the human’s flesh. I gasp at the scene, making the white furred wolf look at me with its piercing yellow eyes. He walked toward me, showing its teeth covered of blood. My whole body was shivering because of the fear, as I let my body fall on the ground. I glanced at the beast whose face started fading away, transforming its fur as feathers. I looked at the scene, captivated. The feathers flew in the air before the creature’s wings spread in front of me. The man was standing in front of me, his blue eyes gently looking at me, as he was offering me his hand to help me get up. I took it without hesitation, making the warm smile of the brown haired boy change into an evil one. I briefly saw his immaculate wings getting stained with blood, making the feathers turn of a dark color. He tightened his grip on my arm, forcing me to get closer to him, his face a few centimeters away from mine.

-”You’re all mine now, I won’t let you get away from me this time.” His harsh voice echoed in my head. I blinked, every of my muscles stiff in my body, as I tried to catch my breath.

 

“You should never get close to them. Never” She said.

I blinked once more, looking around me. I was still at the same spot I was before, looking at her eyes.

-”Why are you telling me that?” I asked, feeling uneasy.

“The harm has already been done. I’m only giving you a second chance.” She replied.

-”A second chance?” I repeated.

She got closer to me, taking my hand.

“The blood that rush through your veins is really special but also really dangerous. I’m giving you a second chance to get a better life. A life away from all those people who want to abuse you.”

-”Why don’t you tell me what happened?” I asked again, wanting to understand.

“Don’t try to remember, it’s for your own good. Get stronger, understand yourself and live a quiet life. Stay away from the creatures, they will come after you. They are as dangerous as humans.” She added, before leaving quietly.

-”What? Wait!” I said, running after her.

Her body faded away in the scenery, leaving me alone once again. What had happened? Why did I feel like I needed to remember. Why do I feel like being manipulated now?

 

*Mingyu’s POV*

 

It’s been two days since we came back. The city was slowly forgetting about the attack that had happened here a few days ago, but in our house it was definitely not the case. Hyemi was laid in my bed, her eyes closed. Only her body, that would move once in awhile, and her slow breath were reassuring me. Her skin seemed livid and her face too peaceful, which always made me worried if she was still alive. Woozi was in Seungcheol’s room. He looked a lot more better now. Seungcheol had gave him blood to boost him up, which worked perfectly. He wasn’t quite willing to try it out, but quickly adapted to his new diet. I wished we could do the same to Hyemi, but Seungcheol and myself felt like it wasn’t a good idea since we didn’t know how much of a vampire she was.

 

As soon as we came back, we took the weird device out of Hyemi’s neck, expecting for her to came back at the same moment however, she was still asleep ever since. The wolves did the same with the ones they helped out and most of them were still in a deep sleep. A few of them woke up at different times, unable to recall what had happened and how they ended up in this state. It was still giving me some hope that she would come back to us soon.

-”Still nothing?” Seungcheol’s voice took me out of my thoughts.

I glanced at the boy who was leaning on the wall next to the door. Woozi was next to him, looking at her.

I shook my head.

-”You should take a break. There’s no need to worn you out after what happened. You should also take care of yourself.” He said.

I knew he was right. After the fight with Hyemi, I was physically and emotionally hurt. No matter how much I tried to change my thoughts, the only thing that mattered to me was for her to wake up and I wasn’t going to miss the moment where she would open her eyes.

-”What are you up to?” I asked them to change the topic.

Seungcheol sighed.

-”We are going to my house.” Woozi said.

A smile showed up on my lips to mock Seungcheol. He really didn’t like having to go back and forth to the angels house but after what had happened, Jeonghan wanted to have more news on how Woozi was doing. Honestly, it felt like these two were fighting for the guard of Woozi, just like divorced parents. Jeonghan would also come once in awhile to our house so that Seungcheol doesn’t always have to go into the angel environment. Jeonghan was a nice guy and he was going well with Seungcheol. They both had similar personalities and had to take care of the younger ones. If it wasn’t of Joshua, I’d probably have a good opinion of angels.

-”I’ll see you later then.” I said in a soft voice before seeing them leaving.

 

I looked back at Hyemi, only to see her in the exact same position. I sighed and got up, moving toward the window. This is how I occupied my days. I spent them looking at Hyemi, looking at the people walking in the street down there and talking to the boys.

-”Aren’t you tired?” Wonwoo said coming into my room.

-”Not really…” I replied lifelessly, looking at the bright blue sky outside.

-”Want something to drink?” He asked.

-”Maybe…” I replied letting myself fall on a chair.

Wonwoo left the room, letting Vernon enter at the same moment. Everyone was feeling the same, probably because of me. I knew that Wonwoo was worried for me and we all knew that Vernon was still angry at himself for what happened on that day. He walked silently to the end of the bed on which he sat, looking at Hyemi.

-”How long will we have to wait?” Vernon let out unconsciously.

I looked down at the floor. I wasn’t sure for which of us it was the hardest. Vernon was still young and had the tendency to blame himself for whatever happen around him. I knew it was hard on him. It always was.

-”Mingyu.” He then said softly, moving toward Hyemi.

I looked up at him before glancing at Hyemi. My eyes widened as I ran next to her.

-”Hyemi.” I started softly. “Can you hear me?” I said taking her hand.

Her eyes slowly opened. She looked a little lost as she glanced around us before looking at me.

-”Where are we?” She asked in a breath, her voice still asleep.

-”In my room.” I replied right away. “Don’t worry, everything is over now.” I said, as I brushed her hair behind her ear.

She moved back, staring at my hand getting nearer to her face. I stopped midway, frowning at her reaction.

-”Who...Are you?” She added, as I let my hand fall down.

-”Hyemi…” Vernon started. “Don’t you remember us?”

She looked at both of us, visibly lost.

I looked at Vernon, unsure of what to do or say.

-”What happened?” She said, slowly getting up, her hand on her head.

I tried to help her, but she visibly didn’t want any help. It was as if the nightmare from two days ago was starting again.

-”Hyemi,..” I started, but didn’t know what to say first. “You really don’t remember anything? I’m Mingyu.” I said trying to help her out. She blankly looked at me. “Your boyfriend.” I added.

-”What?” She responded. “Since when?” She said unable to believe me. “I don’t even know your name so how can…” She put her hand on her head once again, her face portraying a painful expression.

I helped her sit back on the bed.

-”It’s okay, maybe you only need some time to recover your memory. You should get some rest. I’ll go grab you something to eat.” I replied, grabbing Vernon’s arm, forcing him to get up and follow me outside the room. I closed the door behind us and left toward the stairs.

-”Mingyu!” Vernon’s voice echoed in the hallway.

I felt my hands shaking and my heart pounding in my chest, but why was it painful? I stopped in the middle of the stairs, my sight blurring, making me lose my balance. I glanced at Wonwoo who had just showed up at the end of the stairs.

How could it have ended up like this?

 

A/N

 

Finally the update is here! Sorry to have make all of you waiting for it but I really needed some time to think about the storyline xD

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of this story! I’m more than proud to see how big it grew in such a short time, knowing that it is my first time I ever write such a long story plus, it is not in my first language!

So I wanted to thank you once again for keeping up with this story, even if it lacks in some ways~ I really enjoy writing it and seeing every of your comments just make me so happy! Thank you for supporting me and my story~ Love you~

PS: Seventeen’s new MV is dope!! The boys are so gorgeous~