House of card

It's Cold

Song for the chapter: House of card - BTS

 

I stared at the boys. What did I just read? I looked at it once again; WCE Project. It didn’t make any sense to me.

-”Remember when Mingyu came to your house injured?” Seungcheol started. “He had been attacked by humans, armed humans.”

-”So...The government walks around in hope to kill all of the creatures?”

-”It looks like it. There’s more informations in the document we just gave you.” His uncle said.

-”But why are you telling me that instead of telling it to the boys?” I asked not really understanding.

-”Page 3, the title in the middle of the page.” Seungcheol said gloomy.

I looked at the pages, trembling in my hands. I slowly turned the pages to see the bolded letters in the middle; Genetically Created Half-Blood Human-Creature. I looked up at Seungcheol. What was that even supposed to mean? I was starting to get worried because of all of this.

-”From what I read, they discovered that they could manipulate DNA and create what they call ‘Half-Blood weapon’.”His uncle began. “It is basically people like Vernon or you that they use for…” He stopped and looked at me with intense eyes. “They use your body to implant the DNA of any other creatures this world ever carried in order to use you as an alive weapon. It is quite hard to understand, but the human part of your body is vulnerable to some new technology they created and this technology, combined to any creatures’ DNA, end up as a weapon for the human government.”

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

-”So they don’t use creatures, they use people who still have human’s DNA?”

-”Right. Their new technology doesn’t work on our body for some reasons. The subjects need human DNA otherwise it is useless. Also, the document let us know that they tried to implant creatures’ DNA to ordinary humans but their bodies just rejected it… The subjects died not long after the implant as the creature's DNA totally destroyed the living cells of the human body.” Seungcheol’s uncle was giving me every details, but it was hard to keep up when lives were now in danger.

-”Basically, the government wants to use people like me to get rid of any other creatures?”

-”Yes…” Seungcheol replied.

-”How? I mean you guys are a lot stronger than me. You have powers and I don’t!”

-”That’s why they need to implant creatures’ DNA. If they were to make you part vampire and part werewolf for example, you will get even stronger. They haven’t actually tried their theory on real subjects so we don’t know how this will work out, but they plan on making a move on cities soon in order to get Half-Blood subjects, they don’t actually see you as real humans.”

I passed my hand in my hair. It was quite hard to accept. The world was slowly preparing to a war yet, most of the world wasn’t even aware of it, and the worst part was that the two species that were going against each other were a part of me, yet I was part of none of them.

 

After our discussion, I went upstairs to tell Mingyu that I needed to head back home. I told him that I needed to get some homeworks done which was half a lie. I really needed to do my homeworks however, once I got back home, I could only think about what Seungcheol and his uncle had told me. We knew their plan yet, there was no way to know when they will start acting it out. I was really worried for myself, but especially for the boys, making me remember about Minghao who was outside. I needed to let him know as soon as possible.

 

My days were the same, spending most of my free time trying to catch up with all those missed classes. Fortunately the teachers were really kind toward me, thinking that it was all because I felt lonely with my father and mother not being there, that I wanted time for myself, to get over all that happen. I actually needed time, but not for the same reasons. The kids in my classes were just as usual, the school was just as usual and the entire city was. Only me was freaking out on the inside because I was afraid of the government’s plan. None of them had reasons to be afraid, they didn’t know the government’s plan, nor for the creatures who were around them, living as humans. I actually caught myself at night, thinking about whether I missed my old life or not. However, time passed by and made me forget, slowly. Being with the boys were the best moments of my days. Being with Mingyu was my everything. Without him, this life would mean nothing anymore.

During the week, I stopped at the café quite often. I slowly got closer to Jeonghan who was acting as an older brother. He was making me forget about all those creatures thing.

-”How is it going with your boyfriend?” He snapped me out of my thoughts.

The café was completely empty today, leaving the two of us alone.

-”Great.” I replied yet, Jeonghan was not convinced by it.

-”You know, if you feel like it, you can tell me about everything that bothers you.”

I looked at him. He was probably worried.

-”Sometimes I feel like it’s just too hard for me to keep up with this relation…” I looked down at the floor. Jeonghan was looking at me, listening quietly for now. “But what would I do without him? See this is why I can’t let go of him. He promised me he will never leave me alone and I want to believe him. I want him to stay by my side.”

-”At any cost?” Jeonghan asked.

-”Humm.” I nodded staring at him.

-”There will always be up and down in a relationship, you just have to enjoy the ride if you feel like this man his worth it.” He smiled.

-”You’re right.” I looked at the floor again, hiding a little smile.

Mingyu never left me behind even if it was hard for him to stay by my side. Now I want to be the one by his side when he will need it.

 

The sun hid itself behind the trees not long after.

-”You can leave if you want. I'll take care of the rest here.”

-”Oh okay…” I said going behind the counter to clean it a little before leaving.

Jeonghan joined me soon after.

-”Here’s what you gained in the past week here.” He gave me an envelope full of money.

-”Wow! I worked more than I thought.” I smiled.

-”Thank you for helping me out. By the way, would you mind taking care of the café during the weekend? There’s some stuff I need to take care of…”

-”Of course not. I will be there.” I smiled.

-”Great. Here’s the key of the shop.”

-”See you later then.” I said leaving the shop as he went back to work.

Even at night, the weather was hot nowadays. We could now go out of the house with only a jacket over our shirt and still be alright. I took the path that leaded to my house, passing by the public place. Now that I had money, I could at least buy myself some new clothes. I entered one of the shop and started looking at the clothes. I took some shirts, a skirt and a cute little dress and tried them. I ended up taking only the dress as the skirt was a little too big for me and the shirts were a little bit too expensive. I paid for the dress and went to another shop. There was less than an hour left before the bell would ring. I looked around the shop, still not sure if I wanted to buy something else. I was pretty much only wondering around, wasting my time.

-”Miss? The store will close soon. Is there something you would like to try before that?” A lady asked me politely.

-”Oh no I was just looking around.”

She smiled at me as I left slowly the shop.

I walked slowly toward my house, still looking at the shops in case I’d find something interesting for later. There was that library, where I hadn’t been in ages. Maybe next time. I said to myself looking at it from afar.

-”Is there something nice over there?” A sweet voice came from behind me.

I turned around and looked at the person who talked. Our faces were a few centimeters away from each other. I felt myself getting red as he was getting red.

-”M-Minghao…” I tried to let out of my mouth.

The bell rang across the city.

He took a step back and coughed.

-”What are you doing there?” I asked the boy who was still in his red hoodie.

-”I wanted to see you.” He replied with his soft voice.

The bell rang another time. I looked around. He didn’t choose the best moment for that.

-”You two!” Screamed a man from across the place. “You should head back home now.”

I stared at Minghao who wasn’t understanding the situation.

-”Could we go get something to eat like last time?” He asked.

Damn it! I feel too bad to let him go right away. Why does he have to act cute? I took his hand and ran across the empty street. The bell rang for the third time. We arrived soon enough in front of my house. I opened the door for him.

-”Let’s get in.” I smiled.

He was obviously really happy about that and entered right away, even if he was definitely not understanding the situation.

I showed him around the house, yet forbidding him to go into my room.

-”You have a nice house.” He said. “Why did we have to run away?”

-”We cannot be out of this house after the curfew in this city. They don’t want us to get harmed by creatures.” I laughed at the irony of it. “But I still let them enter my house.”

-”Oh I see… That’s why those man looked at me strangely last night.”

-”You came last night?” I asked.

He nodded.

-”The soldier must have wonder what you were doing then… That can be dangerous for you, be careful.”

His eyes got bigger. He was surprised that I was worried for him. I looked down at the floor and went to the kitchen.

-”Do you want something to eat?”

-”No, it’s fine. I’ll eat once I’ll get back home.”

-”That may only go to tomorrow….” I said inaudibly. Well, I had forgotten that werewolves had better ears than humans.

-”Why?”

-”I can’t let you leave knowing that some soldier already saw you and may wonder what you are.”

-”What do you propose then?”

-”Stay here until the morning at least.” I let out of my mouth. I don’t know what was pushing me to do that and I knew I would regret it sooner or later yet, I wasn’t really willing to let him go like that.

Both of us sat on the couch in the living room, talking about some things. Minghao was really interested in the way we live in my city.

-”Why are you asking so many questions?” I asked him.

-”It’s just…” He looked at me and as he saw that I was staring at him, he looked at the floor. “I was thinking of moving in the city with the boys. Hoshi have gained new responsibilities and they will let us move here.”

-”That’s amazing! It will probably be a lot more comfortable than the cave.”

-”Yes.” He smiled. “Jun came from a city in the north and he says that winters are a lot more comfortable when you live in a house that you can heat properly.”

-”I bet. The boys will be happy.”

-”Chan is really excited about the idea and Hoshi is happy that we will stop worrying about humans all the time since we will technically be ones...” He smiled.

At that point, the only thing I could think of was that plan the human government had. Minghao’s voice was not even coming to my ears anymore. I needed to let him know about it right away. I needed to let him know without letting him know about me. How would he react if he knew I was part vampire?

-”Hyemi?” Minghao’s voice finally reached my ears.

-”Humm?” I turned toward him surprised. He suddenly looked at me with darker eyes.

-”Something happened with the vampires?” He asked without hesitation.

How could he know me that well?

-”No… Actually yes…”

He looked down at the floor again. He slowly started to get angry.

-”It’s not what you think it’s just…”

-”Are you hurt anywhere?” He cut me off.

-”No! Minghao listen…”

He took both of my shoulders with his hands, tightly.

-”I can’t stand seeing you like this Hyemi. Every time something is wrong, the vampires have something to do with it.”

-”You also have something to do…”

-”Don’t change the subject.” He replied curtly.

I stared at him surprised. His personality was slowly changing, getting more aggressive, or was it some sort of worriness?

-”Hyemi, why can’t you love me instead?”

 

A/N

Hello everyone~

Here is the new chapter, hope you liked it! The werewolves are gonna be in town in the near future! What do you think about it, same with the WCE Project, is everything going to be alright? Let's see... in the next chapters! Hehe ;)

BTS.... They are killing me... What can I say, Run is amazing, nothing less, even if I'm not sure if I really understood all of the mv... But yeah, I don't even know what to say, the boys are awesome, the mv is awesome, the other songs are awesome, evrything is awesome!  \(^o^)/

And the voting has ended for the MAMA!!!! SEVENTEEN FIGHTING!!!!!!! I really hope they can win, even if IKON is in the lead... FIGHTING!!! p(^O^)q

Well, see you in the next chapter~ :)