Hero

It's Cold

Playlist or the chapter: Danger (Mo-Blue-Mix) - BTS Ft. Thanh, Hero - Monsta X

It feels so warm...yet so cold. I opened my eyes to see the pale skin of a boy looking right in front of him. Mingyu? His black hair were falling above his angry eyes. I looked at the wooden ceiling. It was too hard to keep my eyes openned. I didn't have enough energy for this. I closed them again. I finally could hear the voices that echoed in my ears, slowly getting clearer.

-"...and you had to take her back like this..."

-"...you vampires can't understand us... I didn't have any choices."

-"She trusted you. She only wanted to make things clear with you."

Now it was clear in my head. Mingyu was upset at Minghao. I unconsciously wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting to feel the heat coming from his skin and also, shut him up. Both of us were seated on the couch, me on his laps, as he was trying to get me warm.

-"Hyemi?" He whispered in my ears.

-"Are you awake?" Minghao's voice came from behind.

I turned slowly to look at him and smiled softly.

-"What happened?" I asked both of them. I only remembered the cold and my soaked clothes.

-"You felt in the water..." Minghao said, practically inaudible.

-"You tried to escape them, but their alpha saw you leaving and he ran after you." Mingyu thought these were the most important details. I looked at him.

-"I'm here now." I smiled. "Don't be mad at him. He didn't hurt me."

Mingyu frowned. He was not happy to see me trying to protect the poor boy.

I stared at his deep eyes as I recalled the event. Hoshi's claws into the ice as I felt into the water. The uncomfortable feeling of the water on my skin. Minghao's hands grabbing my coat to take me back to the surface. I looked at Minghao. His red hoodie was also soaked by the water.

-"You saved me?" I asked him.

He looked at the floor. It was as if he was embarrassed to have done it, however I understood that it was Mingyu who was putting him in this state.

-"He put you in this situation and you tell him that he saved you!?" He was angry, obviously.

I stared at Mingyu.

-"I don't have the energy for this Mingyu..." I laid my head on his chest.

For some reasons, I was exhausted.

-"Are you okay?" He asked trying to look at my eyes.

-"You should get Minghao some clothes... He is probably uncomfortable in these ones..."

-"Where do you want me to get clothes for him?" His voice was louder.

-"Mingyu..." I sighed laying on the couch so he could get up.

He mumbled as he went upstairs.

-"Should I follow him?" He asked me, as if he was insecure to meet the 3 other vampires that were probably upstairs at the moment.

-"He will come back I guess..."

Just as I was saying that, he came from downstairs with some pants and a shirt. He threw them a Minghao who catched them.

-"I'll only take the shirt..." He said, putting the pants on the sofa next to him.

He looked at me as he started to lift his shirt, then stopped suddenly, shy or intimidated by Mingyu's gaze. He turned around to show me his back and finally took off his wet hoodie. Mingyu kneeled next to the couch, passing his hand on my hair. He smiled at me. I then looked at Minghao who was putting the white shirt of Mingyu. I got shocked when I saw huge scars on his back. They looked like they were done by an animal, a wolf.

-"What is that..." I said while he was turning to face me. Mingyu looked at him. "The scars on your back." I added.

-"Just... When Hoshi saw me with you in the forest... He was not really happy..." He said looking at the floor "It will heal soon, don't worry." He then smiled at me.

-"Hoshi looks like a cold person..."

-"No! He's not cold." He replied precipitately. "He's a really good friend, but I tend to do stupid things, so we often fight with each other..." He looked sad at that moment.

None of us spoke for a short moment. I really knew nothing about Minghao yet, I felt quite close to him. He always wanted to protect me even if we knew barely nothing about each other.

-"Do you feel better?" Mingyu asked me as I was trying to sit properly on the couch.

-"I guess.... I'm dead cold tho..." At that moment I realized that I only had my pajamas on me. "You changed my clothes?" I asked Mingyu surprised.

He was red out of embarrassment and shyness.

-"Humm yes? I couldn't let you in your clothes! They were soaked in cold water! You would have died if you were still in those." He was talking as if he was guilty of something, trying to find an excuse. I laughed at his behavior.

-"Thank you." I said pushing the long hair that were hiding his eyes. At least it was my boyfriend.

Mingyu grabbed a blanket and gave it to me to warm me up as I cuddle myself into it. At the same time Minghao looked through the window, worried.

-"What is it?" I asked him. Mingyu sat next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders, leaning his head on one of them, eyes closed.

-"I'll have to go... Hoshi is calling me."

-"You can hear him from here?" I asked surprised even if he had told me already that he had great ears.

He nodded.

-"I wasn't supposed to get you here, but when I saw you running back to your city... It just felt wrong to get you back to the cave... Hoshi accepted that I send you back to the vampires, but now both of us are in big problems..." He looked at me right in the eyes. He was worried, for me and for himself.

-"I'm so sorry Minghao I never thought..."

-"It's fine." He said as he walked toward the door. He looked at me one last time, faking a smile. "I only wish I'll be able to see you again."

He didn't even gave me a chance to replied that he had left. I got up running toward the door as I saw his shadow running in the empty streets. My life was full of selfish and stupid acts.

 

Mingyu and I had spent the night on the couch. He had started a fire in the fireplace, heating up the room. It felt warm for the first time in this house. The curtains were now closed, making the fire the only light in here. He also had closed the door between the living room and the entrance. I felt bad for Minghao now that he had left like that. I wished he was okay and that nothing bad would happen to him. I was laying on Mingyu's laps, staring at the wall where I could see the light dancing as the fire burned the wood in the fireplace.

-"It feels so warm now."

-"Hum..." Mingyu replied.

I looked up to see his face. He had laid it backward with his eyes close.

-"Don't fall asleep." I joked.

-"Not before you do." He said lifting his head so he could look in my eyes with a big smile.

I smiled back at him.

-"Sorry... For not having listened to you in the first place. I'm so stubborn!"

-"For what?"

-"Maybe I should have stayed home like you told me. This would have been better for both of you." I looked back at the wall.

-"You did what you think was right..." His face still looked unpleased by my actions. "At least nothing too bad happened."

-"Don't hate him for that. It was my fault." I looked back at him.

He stared at me.

-"You know that all you do will never change what we feel for each others? The werewolves and the vampires are species that always hated each other and it won't change soon."

-"I am not asking you to like them, I am asking you to cohabit with them, without having to cause any harm." He leaned his head back on the couch.

-"Let's not talk about that now. I want to spend good time with you. I'm sick of all those creatures things!" I added.

-"Oh really?" He said coming closer to my head.

-"Yes. Could you be a normal boyfriend for once?"

-"What does a normal boyfriend do then?" He smirked at me.

I stared at his eyes, where the fire light was reflecting, as if his own eyes were on fire.

-"This." I said as I got up on my knees to kiss his cheek.

-"That is something that I can do." He whispered in my ears as he passed one of his hands on my back and the other behind my head.

He then got his lips close to my nose as I closed my eyes. He softly leaved a kiss on it, then, went down to my cheeks to kiss them. He continued going down as his lips were running down my neck, kissing more passionately. He got his body closer to mine, forcing me to lay on the couch. He then stopped to look at my eyes.

-"I guess the neck would remind you of my secret identity." He laughed and jumped to my lips.

This is how Mingyu and I spent the rest of the night, cuddling each other.

 

I woke up the next day on Mingyu's bed. The birds were singing outside of the window from where the sun was illuminating the room. I sat on the bed and looked around me. Mingyu was at the end of the bed, staring at me from his height.

-"Good morning." He smiled brightly at me.

-"Hey..." I said half asleep. "What time it is?"

Mingyu looked at the clock on his desk.

-"Past eleven."

My eyes got big at these words.

-"Eleven!? What about school?" I coughed as I finished my sentence.

-"You won't go at school after what happened." He replied frowning at me.

-"Oh my.... My father must be so worried!" I panicked.

I got off of the bed looking for clothes to wear, but I had only took clothes for one day before coming here.

-"Don't worry, I went to talk to your dad. I told him that you didn't feel well enough to get back to school."

I turned to face him.

-"You talked to my dad?"

He nodded.

-"When? You went to my house?"

-"Yes. I took you up here so that the boys don't disturb you and left to your house in the morning. Your dad looked worried, but I told him he was in good hands with us."

-"He must be even more worried now..." I coughed again. "My throat hurts..."

-"I'll go put on my clothes in the bathroom so you can change here and after I'll ask Vernie to cook you something!" He said happily as he took clothes out of his wardrobe.

-"The problem is..." He looked at me. "I don't have any other clothes than the ones I had yesterday..."

-"Ohhh..." He said unsure about what to do. "Do you want my sweaters? Or anything else?"

-"Thank you." I said getting closer to him as he looked through his wardrobe to find something. I wrapped my arms around his body and look on the side to see the clothes.

-"That one should be alright!" I said pointing the navy blue hoodie. "And those pants maybe?"

He took it off with a big smile and turned around to wrapped his arms around me. He then left, leaving me alone in the room so I could change.

 

I went downstairs to see Vernon and Mingyu talking to each. I was happy that Mingyu's jeans were kind of skinny so that they would fit me quite well even if they were way too long. The hoodie was really warm, but way to big for me. Vernon stared at me as soon as I reached the entrance.

-"What are you doing in those clothes?" He asked me.

-"I have nothing else to wear..." I felt embarrassed now.

-"Well, we can clearly see that Mingyu is taller than you." He laughed.

I smiled at him.

-"I will change once I'll be back home, but for the moment this is all I have."

Thinking about home made me worried for my dad.

-"Do you mind if I go back home now?" I asked Mingyu.

He looked at me disappointed. Vernon also looked that way.

-"I wanted to make you diner!" He said.

-"Sorry but my dad is not here often and I haven't seen him a lot during the past days and I really want to reassure him that everything is alright. Next time you guys could come at my home, I'll make you something good, well, for Vernon at least."

Mingyu laughed.

-"It's fine." He got closer to me to kiss my forehead as he always do. "Come back as soon as possible."

I smiled at him, kissed his cheek and said goodbye to Vernon.

 

I was back home, sitting in Mingyu's clothes in front of my dad.

-"Where were you, Hyemi?"

-"I told you! I was at Mingyu's house. I think I catched a cold..."  It was not a lie. I really felt like I had a cold. I had a runny nose, felt cold permanently and my throat was not getting better with time.

-"That's what Mingyu told me... Everything is going well with him?"

-"Yes dad don't worry..." I sighed. My brain was about to explode.

-"I have to worry! My daughter is going for days in a house full of men! How do you want me to react? You even skipped school! Again!"

-"Come on dad! They are not what you think!" I tried to get my voice as loud as his, but I only ended up coughing.

-"Hyemi, I know that you like him a lot but don't you think you are going to fast with him? I don't want you to end up hurt. I cherish you a lot you know?"

-"What can I do for you to feel more secure about me?" I asked.

I understood him. I was all he had left and with him being away most of the time he didn't wanted to see me turn bad.

-"I don't know! Maybe see other friends also! Or you could get a part-time job. Just so you won't spend all your day with him. It will also get you some money to spend on books or other stuff you want."

-"So if I get a job you will let me see him as I much as I want?" I said.

I was not going to let him choose whenever I could see Mingyu, but working was not a bad idea. It could only make me stay away from all those creatures stuff for a moment.

-"Yes..." He hesitated a lot but ended up saying it.

I got up and smiled at him.

-"We should do something the three of us together one day. You will see, he is not a bad guy dad."

I went back to my room to put on my own clothes but couldn't resist keeping Mingyu's hoodie on me.

 

The week passed by as I returned to my ordinary days. School on the day, where I could see Mingyu and the boys and family time at night. My dad was happy to spend his free time with me. He bought me books, took me to restaurant and walked with me in the city, talking about some of his trips in other cities. It was good days. On friday, he told me that he needed to leave again, for the whole month. The government's project had failed and the workers could start traveling again. However, my dad still wanted me to get a job so I started to look for places where they needed people. I was wandering in the streets after school, when I found a small coffee shop. They were looking for someone. I entered the place. It was really small but cozy. A nice atmosphere was surrendering the shop. I went to the lady who was at the counter.

-"Hi, my name his Hyemi. I saw that you were looking for someone for a part-time job."

The lady stared at me with tired eyes.

-"He is the one who takes care of these things." She said very slowly pointing at a man who was serving a couple at a table near the glasses walls of the coffee shop. He then came back to the counter with a big smile.

-"She wants to apply for the part-time job." The lady said, looking down at the newspapers on the counter.

I looked at the boy. He was probably the same age as me, maybe a little older, his long brown hair falling on his shoulders.

-"Hi, my name is Hyemi."

-"Hi." He replied. "All you need to do for now is complete this sheet and come back tomorrow. We will then start your training."

I looked at him surprised.

-"I-I'll have the job for sure then?"

-"Yes!" He smiled brightly. "We've been looking for someone since forever. I'm glad that you came!" He gave me the sheet where I needed to add my personal information. "When you come tomorrow, ask for Jeonghan." He smiled one last time and left to another table with two coffees in hands. Looks like I got the job. I said happily for myself.

 

A/N
 
Small chapter!
I'm really sorry about that! I have a lot of exams so I can't write as much as I want! I won't update this thursday because of exams...
Anyway, I hope you still liked it! Jeonghan is here! I guess you can predict what is coming next. ;)
Next update on tuesday! :)