Toy

It's Cold

Playlist for the chapter: Toy - Block B

*Mingyu’s POV.*

Slowly, my heartbeats were fading away. I tried to keep a straight face in front of her, but the pain was distorting my face. My blood was dropping on the floor, my hand covering my injured shoulder. I knew that she would kill my at any occasion, she was only waiting for an opportunity to show up. She was not the one I loved all this time, she was the monster inside of her yet, I couldn’t fight back. It was still her body and, even if one of her eyes was the proof that she wasn’t herself anymore, the other was making me remember all those sweet moments we spent together.

 

-”Aren’t you going to fight back?” Her voice echoed in the room.

I glanced at her, panting. I felt my body slowly getting weaker as time passed by, as the blood ran out of my body. I was thirsty, my sight blurred by an uncontrollable desire.

-”You know that even if I remember you, it doesn’t matter to me?” She added in a cold voice.

-”I won’t hurt her.” I responded breathless, as if she wasn’t Hyemi.

I actually hoped that it wasn’t her. I hoped that the government had implanted in her mind that hateful behavior toward me and the creatures rather than her developing it on her own.

She slightly laughed, looking at me with warm eyes.

-”It won’t save you.” She said running toward me, knife in hand.

It had been a few minutes already since Minghao had left with Jun, but nothing had happened yet. During that time, I understood that the government had improved Hyemi’s creatures genes over her human’s. She was stronger, faster and also more powerful than before. She had developed some kind of ability, just like any vampire, which was making it harder for me to give some time to the boys.

I dodged her blade, turning around her and grabbing her wrist from behind her.

-”I won’t let you harm me either. I won’t make her regrets your actions.” I whispered in her ears.

I saw her smile before getting hit in the ribs by her elbow. I flinched, folded in two, as she kicked me, making me fall on the ground.

-”What makes you think that she would regret those actions? What makes you think that this personality of her cannot exist?”

I looked at her as I tried to get up.

-”I may not be the Hyemi you always knew, but that part of her had always existed. She feared more than anyone, feared the creatures, feared to be left alone and feared you. She never let these emotions take over her, but with everything that happened in the past few days, she slowly turned in on herself. Hyemi is strong, but there is always a certain point that one person cannot reach past it.”

-”I know how the vampire personality works, you don’t have to remind me.” I said, feeling the anger growing up in me. “However, there is one thing that I know and it is that the creatures in us do not represent our true self. You won’t be controlling her all the time, Hyemi is still there, even if you try to hide her from me.” I replied shortly, finally making a move.

Hyemi had cut me many times since the beginning of our fight, making my blood spread through the whole room. I gathered some strength to wrap my blood around her, making it impossible for her to move.

-”What is…” She said, taking aback, as the threads of blood rolled up around her arms and legs.

-”At least like that you won’t hurt me for the time it will take for Minghao to come back.” I said, letting myself fall on the floor, as I leaned on the wall.

-”You made me hurt you on purpose, didn’t you?” She asked, glaring at me.

I smirked at her, leaning my head backward, feeling exhausted.

-”You really are something… No wonder she was afraid of you.” She said softly.

I glanced at her with dark eyes.

-”Have you ever asked yourself if she was really loving you? Isn’t it weird? A vampire and a human together?” She teased me.

I slowly stood up, going closer to her.

-”You don’t know anything about us.” I replied roughly.

-”I know more than you imagine. I am her and she is me.” She whispered clearly.

For a short second I lost my calm, tightening my grip on her, making her squeal in pain as I lift my palm toward her.

-”Will you hurt me now?” She played with me.

The blood gathered in front of my hands, spinning as the threads merged together to form a larger and sharper wire of blood. I was ready to shoot it at her, at this devilish purplish eye.

You shouldn’t hurt her, Mingyu.” My own voice echoed in my head, making me realize what I was about to do. I still shot it, angry and tired. A strand of hair falling on her back as the blood flew next to her ear. I loosen my grip on her, lowering my head in shame.  

-”See? You don’t hate me enough. Deep inside of you, you know that I’m Hyemi.”

I looked up at her, saddened by this thought. I didn’t want to believe it. She seized her chance to get out of the bloody threads that were trapping her and jumped on me, making both of us fall. I felt my body heavy, as I was now laid on the floor, Hyemi’s face a few centimeters away from me. I looked at her, at her beautiful face, as she was kneeling over me.

-”Kill me then.” I said, my last strength leaving me, my body overwhelmed by sadness and shame.

She frowned, not quite sure to understand my words.

-”I’d rather die than live with the fact that I couldn’t protect her.” I started feeling my eyes tearing up. “I left you alone, Hyemi. I’m so sorry. I couldn’t come back to you in time. I wasn’t there to protect you, I left you alone in the moment you needed me the most. I am sorry. If I can’t live with you, I prefer to die now.” I put my hand on her cheek as I felt a tear dropping from my eyes. “I love you, Hyemi. I hope you will forgive me one day.”

 

The cold mist spreaded under her palm as she put her hand above my chest. Her hand firmly closed on the cold blade that just emerged from the mist, was pressed on my skin.

-”I’m sorry Mingyu, but it needs to be done.” She said, ready to stab me.

I was ready to face the pain and leave this world when suddenly all the lights went off before turning back on. Both of us looked at each other as I grabbed Hyemi by the shoulders, her eyes turning back and forth to the different colors of the creatures that were now living in her.

-”Hyemi!” I screamed, hoping for her to come back to me.

Then, her eyes went back to normal as she whispered my name in a deep breath before closing them. I shook her many times, trying to wake her up. She had fell unconscious making me, somehow, even more worried.

 

Starting from that moment, everything went by really fast. The loud siren went on, echoing in the whole building, slowly driving me crazy. I put Hyemi on my back and left the room right away. I needed to find the boys soon. I ran back to the entrance door, expecting the boys to be there however, only a few wolves were waiting there.

-”Have you seen Minghao?” I said, waiting for an answer.

The wolves growled toward me in response,  but I couldn't understand a single thing. We all glanced at each other knowing that communication was impossible in this state. One of the wolves suddenly howled, as a few of them left, leaving two brown wolves with me. I wasn’t quite sure what was happening, but it looked like a lot what going on outside. A few seconds later, Minghao was back with the two of his friends, along with Seungcheol and the boys.

-You found Hyemi?” Vernon said happily, as soon as he saw us.

-”Yes.” I replied shortly. “I need to get her back at home. I don’t know what they have done to her, but she’s not…” I stopped suddenly, worried and afraid that getting her back to her normal self wouldn’t be such an easy task.

-”Let’s go then.” Wonwoo said. “Seungcheol and Vernon will stay here to help the wolves get as many half-creatures as possible out of here.”

I nodded at the plan, looking one more time at Minghao and Jun.

-”Thank you.” I said softly. “And good luck guys.” I added, before leaving with Wonwoo.

 

A/N

Sorry it is a short chapter but I really wanted to end this there! I hope you enjoyed  the chapter!

I'll probably update on friday since it is short xD See you soon!