Chapter 2: Everything Has Changed

Meeting Future Wife: University Couple

Hi here's the edited chapter 2. Enjoy reading! :)

Korean Vocabularies:

  • Ne – Yes (formal).
  • Arassoyo – Okay, alright (formal). (Arasso, informal)
  • -ah – is a suffix that you put after the name of someone when you are close or when you treat each other as friends.
  • Aigoo – is an expression that can use on many instances like being shock, being tired, being surprised and etc.
  • Aish! – is an expression that is used to show frustration or irritation.
  • Omona – is an expression used to show surprise.
  • Eomma – the term used to address your mother (informal).
  • Aegyo – cute gestures.
  • Kamsahamnida – Thank you (formal).
  • Saranghaeyo – I love you (formal).
  • Ahjussi – the term used to address adult males.
  • Gwenchanayo – It’s okay or its fine (formal).
  • Babo – stupid or fool.
  • Byuntae – ert.
  • Fighting! (Hwaiting!) – the term used to cheer yourself or cheer someone else.
  • Jinjja – really (informal).

 

Chapter 2: Everything Has Changed

ONEW’S POV

I felt some kind of force urged me to wake up. I opened my eyes and the first thing that I saw was a sky blue ceiling. I felt weird. I felt like blue was not supposed to be the color of my room’s ceiling. I sat at my bed and observed my room. My bed was placed in the corner of the room. Beside the bed was a small table with a lamp and an alarm clock placed on it. The date displayed on the alarm clock was March 2, 2015.

The wall was color sky blue as well. There are many pictures of scientist hanging on the wall that it can be mistaken as a science gallery. My dresser was located a few steps away from my bed. I stood up and opened it. New clothes were hanging and a worn out high school uniform was placed on the rack.

Beside the dresser was where my study table was positioned. I stepped closer to the study table and inspected the papers that were placed on it. I saw an acceptance letter from Chungwoon University, written there was my name, Lee Jinki. The letter said that I was accepted at their university as a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering student. Another paper was placed on the table and I picked it up. It looked like a schedule.

As I was putting back the paper on the table, an alarm sounded and I was startled. Suddenly, I understood everything.

“Omona! Today is the first day of my college life and it will be a disaster because I am going to be late.” I phased back and forth inside my room before I thought of stopping the alarm.

“Aish, quiet! Okay! First, take a bath!” I took my towel and put it on my shoulder. I opened my dresser and examined the clothes that were hanging.

“Okay, not this one. Not this one. Not this one. Aha! A white shirt is suitable for first day. What about the pants? Ahm, not this one. Okay, black pants. Appropriate!” I took all the clothes that I chose and headed to the bathroom. I took a bath for 15 minutes.

“Ooh, fresh and handsome!” I looked at myself in the mirror and checked what was missing.

“Since it is cold, I should wear a jacket. Here is a black leather jacket. What else? Ahm, a white cap for style. What else? Ah, shoes. Where are my shoes?” I wore the jacket and the cap. Afterwards, I looked for my shoes.

“Here it is a black and white converse shoe.” I wore the shoes. Clothes are now settled. I looked at the alarm clock.

“Oh my god, fifteen minutes left before the orientation. I need to hurry.” I found my bag on the top of the table. I hurriedly picked up the acceptance letter and the schedule and put it inside the bag. I slung the bag over my shoulder. I found my wallet beside the papers and opened it. I found my identification card for Chungwoon University. I put the wallet inside my pants’ back pocket then rushed down the stairs. Before I can step outside the door, I heard someone called my name.

“Jinki-ah, aren’t you going to have a breakfast?” The woman shouted.

“Ne?” I turned around and saw a woman in her fifties. I can tell that she was in her fifties because of the wrinkles around her eyes. When she smiled, her eyes almost disappeared. She was a bit plump. She was wearing an apron over his duster.

“Aigoo, this kid. Aren’t you going to have a breakfast?” The woman asked worriedly.

“Ne, eomma. I don’t want to be late on my first day.” I replied.

“Arasso, I will just pack this so that you can bring it.” My mom said.

“Arassoyo, please be fast.” I asked her with aegyo.

“Ne, I am already done. Here. You should turn around so I can put it on your bag.” My mom said sweetly.

“Kamsahamnida, eomma. Saranghaeyo. I’ll go now.” I faced her again and kissed her on the cheek.

“Arasso, be careful.” My mom said.

“Ne!” I replied.

 


 

After 5 minutes, I arrived at the bus station. I entered and sat at the end seat of the bus. The door of the bus was almost closed when a hand stopped it.

“Ahjussi… please wait… I… need to get… on.” The girl said with difficulty.

The driver opened the door and the girl successfully got on the bus. The girl had short hair and she wore a clip on one side of it. I think she was shorter than me. She had a fair complexion and had a slim body. She wore a pink and white dress and white converse and a brown satchel was hung on her right shoulder. I saw everything except her face.

“Kamsahamnida!” The girl bowed her head and stood near the driver. I was about to offer my seat but someone beat me to it.

“Gwenchanayo, I am going to get off on the next station anyway.” The girl declined.

“Oh! She is going to get off next station? Then, maybe she is also a student in Chungwoon University. Maybe I can befriend her so I won’t be a loner.” I said to myself.

When we arrived at the next station, the girl got off the bus first. I tried to find her after I got off but she was no longer visible.

“Aigoo, I must have missed her. She must have run and I think it is the right thing to do since I am also going to be late.” I run to the entrance of the university and arrived there after 2 minutes of sprinting.

“Woo… thanks God. I still… have time to find… the auditorium. “I said breathlessly.

I struggled to find the auditorium and arrived there just in time. It was almost full. It was a miracle that I found a two vacant seat in the middle right of the auditorium. I sat and observed the place.

“Wow, this place is big. I can’t believe how many students are here. Is this all first year students? Wow, that LCD is huge and the air condition here is good. I am right in bringing a jacket.” I said with amazement. I am still observing the place when someone talked to me.

“Is this seat available?” The girl asked me.

I turned to face her and recognized that it was the same girl on the bus. I can tell because of her dress and her bag. I was stunned because she looked so pretty and alluring in her pink dress. It brings out the innocence of her face. The color of her eyes was brown which was unusual for a Korean. She has a double eyelid and her nose was a little high. I found my eyes lingering on her lips because they were pinkish. She did not even wear a makeup, not that she needed it though. I cannot find my voice and I just kept on looking at her.

“Excuse me, are you okay?” The girl asked again.

“Ne?” I replied dreamily.

“I asked if you are okay because you look like you have seen a ghost.” The girl replied.

“Ahh. Yes, I’m okay and this seat is available. You can sit here.” I found my sanity again and replied to her.

“Oh, thanks.” The girl said sweetly.

Throughout the orientation, I kept on looking at her that I am afraid she might think I am a babo or worse, a byuntae. I did not have the courage to talk to her or even ask her name. I already expected this situation but I did not know that I was going to be this bad. I had spent so many times reading a book that I forgot how to mingle with others. I was not who I used to be and I already improved drastically but I was still reluctant when it comes to introduction. As I practice on how to introduce myself, I did not notice that it was already the end of orientation. I watched her stood up and walked away without even looking at me.

“Aigoo, what is wrong with you Jinki? Jinjja pabo! You should have asked for her name. I thought you want a friend? Aigoo, I should just kill you.” I scolded myself and thought for a little while afterwards.

“No, if I kill myself right now, I won’t be able to see her again. That is right. There is still a second chance. The good news is we are studying at the same school. Better luck next time, Jinki. Fighting!” I cheered myself.

After scolding and cheering myself like a fool, I proceeded to my first class but I did not anticipate that the luck I am talking about was coming faster than expected.  

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Credits for the pictures go to the owner. :)

Well, I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter. I will be deleting the chapter 3 because I will edit it first. I will try my best to finish chapter 3 today so I can post it today. But if not, maybe tuesday is possible. I will be busy because tomorrow is my birthday (Yey!) and I won't be able to write on monday because of hung over (not drunk hung over but party hung over). Have a good day reader(s)!